• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Just a quick teaser for the RO lovers

VV8Cba.jpg

VV80MG.jpg

legend - was wondering what your thoughts are (CP and dw font among other things?)

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
tosoboso Congratulations!

I was looking forward to your franken project of the 15202 since JF launched it.

Will we see a small review soon? ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just a quick teaser for the RO lovers

legend - was wondering what your thoughts are (CP and dw font among other things?)

What do I think T? That it needs gen han... ok just kidding lol.

The pinion looks good from the pic in terms of diameter size, finish, and the roundness of the tip. If I remember correctly, the original issue 15202 has the pinion kind of sunken vs the hand stack, am I correct? Will this be in your build? (assuming that the feature exists in the first place. I will need to google it). I will like to see the stack in full to comment on it meaningfully T.

If the date font has a hooked 7 correct for the original AP Cal. 2121, it is an indication of the right date font. I said "indication" because I am not familiar with the gen date font of this model, but the 2 and the 4 both look accurate enough from the pic. I think that I defer to your superior knowledge for this aspect, and I think that you have done your homework choosing the datewheel. White date wheel tells me you are building the original 15202ST and not the reissue. The closed caseback in this case is a plus IF you are not a 100% visually 1:1 movement, and a waste if you are planting a gen 2121 caliber inside along with the rotor.

I am impressed with what you are doing here. It will be another first of its kind I believe. I am looking forward to see the build and appreciate you sharing this teaser with us.

Reactions: Allure

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
Well done tosoboso - your builds are always a breath of fresh air, and very much deserve much praise. Looking forward to seeing it's completion my friend ;-)

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
I wish legend would help me with my 15400 build as well ):

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I always chuckle when I see that crown wheel on the decorative plate positioned 50 degrees away from the winding stem.