• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Doing a genstein 26170.OO.1000ST.08

If you have a/can source a gen cal 312, let me know! ;)

117228019_2921555377950349_7813277943926749158_n.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Too much, ahah

The black theme is about $13k - $15k used and even if you spend up to $10k-$11k to get a gen without papers it’s still worth it IMHO.
Not too much spent on an AP I think as my cheapest AP in my collection currently is about $15k and I don’t wear it much at all as it’s too dated (a H series AP classic panda)
It’s still a good price spent for your watch and I think it’ll make a wonderful beater. Looking forward to see its completion! :)

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Still can't find a Tachy for a Blue Themes (Ref #26170ST.OO.1000ST.09) and don't really want to use a rep Tachy...

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
The black theme is about $13k - $15k used and even if you spend up to $10k-$11k to get a gen without papers it’s still worth it IMHO.
Not too much spent on an AP I think as my cheapest AP in my collection currently is about $15k and I don’t wear it much at all as it’s too dated (a H series AP classic panda)
It’s still a good price spent for your watch and I think it’ll make a wonderful beater. Looking forward to see its completion! :)

Thanks bro!

Let me know if you'll see a gen 3126 movement ;)

Limpy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
3/7/16
EU

that poor thing! The Panda silver theme is and has always been my favorite of the old models. an absolute classic. I hope you two will find back together again in future :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Lol why would he list it then. Anyways good luck with the build, looking forward to the completed watch.

The cal 3126/3840 is a refined version of the LWO but still not refined enough compared to the integrated chrono movement like the Rolex cal. 4130 or even the Hublot Unico movement (as much hated as Hublot is, one cannot deny the superiority of unico caliber over the stacked modular movement of the cal 3126/3840)

Guys who use the LWO frankens aren’t missing out much except for the deco and rotor for see through caseback models and the instant date flip function. Of course the gen datewheel looks better than the best aftermarket one available now. The gen cyclop is replaceable visually by aftermarket ones.

Having said that, I’ll still like to see franken builds using gen movements, if only for the visual satisfaction. It’s always something exciting for me to peruse even if I’m not the owner of the build. I always feel happy for the owner seeing each accomplishment and think that the dedication, money and time has paid off well for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Pretty basic project on my end, looking to shave down the BP 15300 case & install a gen white dial.

Case machining work is ongoing, hopefully should be done by end of month!

Who is doing the job?
Is the Gen dial needed to be touched, shaving pins or something?

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
The cal 3126/3840 is a refined version of the LWO but still not refined enough compared to the integrated chrono movement like the Rolex cal. 4130 or even the Hublot Unico movement (as much hated as Hublot is, one cannot deny the superiority of unico caliber over the stacked modular movement of the cal 3126/3840)

Guys who use the LWO frankens aren’t missing out much except for the deco and rotor for see through caseback models and the instant date flip function. Of course the gen datewheel looks better than the best aftermarket one available now. The gen cyclop is replaceable visually by aftermarket ones.

Having said that, I’ll still like to see franken builds using gen movements, if only for the visual satisfaction. It’s always something exciting for me to peruse even if I’m not the owner of the build. I always feel happy for the owner seeing each accomplishment and think that the dedication, money and time has paid off well for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know bro.

But when doing a "genstein" 100% has to be gen.
I don't want to comprimise with anything. But a gen movement is I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-E to find, really.

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Spongebob is doing the work - I am 99% sure the dial does not need to be shaved.

Only the dial feet, unfortunately, will need to be clipped...

Oh! Yes the feet (I expreses myself very bad )
It is a pitty to damage the Gen, I have one but don’t want to “touch” the Gen dial, I thought I had read somewhere that can be done drilling the rep movement instead of clipping the feet.