• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
Bro, are you sure it's the v2 edge x Legend dw? Kind of looks like the first version.

Let me check with Domi. I’m not hundred percent sure

I’m only sure it’s no Mikey Datewheel

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Man thats a really nice build. I love it when the gen parts are in mint condition. Have a little OCD on those part myself.
One of my fav 42mm too! Wear her well bro!flying-tommy

Reactions: flying-tommy

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
So sorry I’m very busy at the Moment:

- of course the case work done by master Domi
- complete new Parts from AP:
-> Dial and Tachy
-> Full Set of Gen Hands
-> Gen Cyclopes
-> Deployment Clasp
- Piaget LWO Movement with new Service from Domi
- Legend’s Datewheel
- AR Glas from Domi (like the Gen)

It’s a really beautiful Watch and I’m so happy about the new Parts. No signs or anything, just perfect.

2dafeccf57a170321a352e894574af65.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Wow! What a beauty T

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: flying-tommy

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Okay, the question marks is suppose to be an emoji lol :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
????????????

Hope you have gen hands to go with that set. For this mode (and others with dark/black dials)l, the white gold hands really stand out against the black dial and yellow markers, and it is necessary to avoid this becoming a subpar looking franken.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
That looks totally wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't look wrong :) . That's just a Gen 26020.st with a modern jf backcase. I will also try to swap the rubber pusher and crown with some ceramic jf ones.

Why? Why not?

When going franken the goal is to stay as close as possible to being period correct and using the correct parts for the specific model you are trying to copy.

But I bought this Gen already so who cares if it's period correct or not.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It doesn't look wrong :) . That's just a Gen 26020.st with a modern jf backcase. I will also try to swap the rubber pusher and crown with some ceramic jf ones.

Why? Why not?

When going franken the goal is to stay as close as possible to being period correct and using the correct parts for the specific model you are trying to copy.

But I bought this Gen already so who cares if it's period correct or not.

yes, if you are of course building something you like, nothing can ever be wrong lol.
Do share the front of the watch (you may have done so and I may have missed it earlier) so that I can have a better appreciation.
From the caseback view, I can only see the movement and the i series see through caseback and there is a visual disparity from what I see, for obvious reasons.
Thank you.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
TYL88 does your bumblebee dial come with lumed or lacquered markers? rumoured first 157 production dials non-lumed and total production run 1500-2000 units.