• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Finished this one today. Ultra-thin: only 13.5mm thick.
IMG_0592_zpsjgsxgbvs.jpg

IMG_0598_zpsvigqjtok.jpg

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks T. 13.77mm - .24mm (2 x .12mm plastic wrap) = 13.53 mm thick.
IMG_0599_zpso27engsl.jpg

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Gents,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a modder that can build my franken rubberclad? Chris C&W was supposed to be building mine for me but now I need to find someone else that can do the necessary casework and movement holder.

Any help would be appreciated big time

Thanks

Sent from the RWI mobile app

APGP89

Renowned Member
Supporter
11/12/14
Asia
Gents,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a modder that can build my franken rubberclad? Chris C&W was supposed to be building mine for me but now I need to find someone else that can do the necessary casework and movement holder.

Any help would be appreciated big time

Thanks

I'm pretty sure Domi can help you out. but, the custom in Germany can be a risk.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I visited Domi last weekend. I was deeply impressed by the AP Franken work he is doing. He is at the top of his game with his recent top-loading Franken machining and construction. Worth the wait. I think you have your man. I am only doing light machining right now, not complete case sets. It has to do with what my wife and neighbors can tolerate, LOL. I was outsourcing heavy machining for awhile, but I got bumped by large OEM work too often. So I stopped with that, for now. Go with Domi.

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Stunning! Is it your watch or for a client?
Can you go into more details aka gen dial, movement etc?

It's mine. Gen dial, Tachy, Hands. polished 1xAR crystal, Edge v2 DW and Noob Titanium base. :)

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I visited Domi last weekend. I was deeply impressed by the AP Franken work he is doing. He is at the top of his game with his recent top-loading Franken machining and construction. Worth the wait. I think you have your man. I am only doing light machining right now, not complete case sets. It has to do with what my wife and neighbors can tolerate, LOL. I was outsourcing heavy machining for awhile, but I got bumped by large OEM work too often. So I stopped with that, for now. Go with Domi.

This is encouraging, when you mention the top loading franken machining, is this something different to what Chris was offering? There is a slight difference in price but from what you guys are saying, i get the feeling Domi's work is top notch

hibee999

20/10/15
Finished this one today. Ultra-thin: only 13.5mm thick.
IMG_0592_zpsjgsxgbvs.jpg

IMG_0598_zpsvigqjtok.jpg
looks great ! I am just starting a Franken project for the grey themes and have the same gen tachy & dial. Did you use a titanium midcase as per gen ?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
looks great ! I am just starting a Franken project for the grey themes and have the same gen tachy & dial. Did you use a titanium midcase as per gen ?

Yep

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Having the good fortune of working on two wonderful grey-dial Frankens lately has reminded me of just how poor most grey-dial AP reps are. Count yourself lucky if you have a grey OEM dial. They are beautiful and probably will never be properly repped.

hibee999

20/10/15
Thank you for the response, i missed your post above where you say the case is noob. Do noob make a titanium case grey themes or have you used the chronopassion case ? I am struggling to decide the best base watch for my franken, i have considered the following options:
1. JF chronopassion (titanium case) & change the case back
2. JF grey themes (steel case) & put on a steel bracelet (dont think steel bracelet & titanium case would match?)
3. noob chronopassion (titanium case)
Any opinions would be very welcome

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Thank you for the response, i missed your post above where you say the case is noob. Do noob make a titanium case grey themes or have you used the chronopassion case ? I am struggling to decide the best base watch for my franken, i have considered the following options:
2. JF grey themes (steel case) & put on a steel bracelet (dont think steel bracelet & titanium case would match?)

Noob made a Ti grey themes too. It was the v2.

If you're going with the CP, you'll have to get the case fully reworked which is work considering the CP is sandblasted whereas the GT is brushed Ti. Also you'll have a LE caseback.

Steel wouldn't be an option if you ask me.

There is another option however..

Using a JF PoI donor and order a SS caseback along with the donor watch.

I think @tinitonsi has done it too in the past, am I right?

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Noob made a TI case for the GT, but they're all out of stock now. You better check the m2m section or make a wanted thread for that.

Don't use the CP case, it's very delicate and very crash magnet, neither the SS case when you can built it in a TI one.

What to do? Get a JF POI + extra SS crown + extra SS closed casebaack and you're good to go ;)