• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
lol if anyone's got a spare I'll take it
With all the efforts you have already certainly done, you are forced to do the extra mile with the date wheel and specially with the bezel.
Also, the mid case need to be rebrushed .....
A bezel should not be so difficult to find if you are ready to pay...

I am also wondering why the case back is not embossed with 15202 and the serial ?

Last edited:

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
With all the efforts you have already certainly done, you are forced to do the extra mile with the date wheel and specially with the bezel.
Also, the mid case need to be rebrushed .....
A bezel should not be so difficult to find if you are ready to pay...

I am also wondering why the case back is not embossed with 15202 and the serial ?
Unfortunately, I’ve been searching high and low for the bezel with no success. I passed one up thinking my 5402 bezel would work, whoops… lesson learned

The midcase definitely needs to be rebrushed. We’re waiting on getting the right bezel before disassembling the watch again. I’m not sure why the caseback is blank. It could be that it’s a service case or not genuine, but I’m not aware of any monobloc aftermarket cases.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Unfortunately, I’ve been searching high and low for the bezel with no success. I passed one up thinking my 5402 bezel would work, whoops… lesson learned

The midcase definitely needs to be rebrushed. We’re waiting on getting the right bezel before disassembling the watch again. I’m not sure why the caseback is blank. It could be that it’s a service case or not genuine, but I’m not aware of any monobloc aftermarket cases.
If your bezel can get properly assembled on the case, why not just working on the existing instead of looking for a genuine one…
Any good capable polisher can make it shine bright like gen…

Edit:i hope i am wrong but my feeling is that your case is not genuine, i might be wrong but i checked several AP 15202 generation and these latter doesn t have blanked case back like this…

Last edited:

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
If your bezel can get properly assembled on the case, why not just working on the existing instead of looking for a genuine one…
Any good capable polisher can make it shine bright like gen…

Edit:i hope i am wrong but my feeling is that your case is not genuine, i might be wrong but i checked several AP 15202 generation and these latter doesn t have blanked case back like this…
The issue isn’t the finishing, it’s the way the bezel fits. The current bezel technically “fits” but it does not seal correctly, which is causing water resistance issues.

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
The issue isn’t the finishing, it’s the way the bezel fits. The current bezel technically “fits” but it does not seal correctly, which is causing water resistance issues.

Is it using the Gen bezel gasket? I know the Gen has special crystals both front and back. Gen bezel requires a Gen crystal so good luck finding those.

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
Is it using the Gen bezel gasket? I know the Gen has special crystals both front and back. Gen bezel requires a Gen crystal so good luck finding those.
Yes, it’s using a gen bezel gasket and I have gen crystals for the front and back (the back is installed but the front isn’t because it doesn’t fit the current bezel). The issue seems to be that the aftermarket bezel and crystal that I have on there now don’t compress properly against the gen bezel gasket.

I wore the watch on a somewhat humid day and within ten minutes there was condensation under my he crystal. Suffice it to say I rushed home to dry it out before the dial was ruined.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Hummm i see :-(
Gen stuf are pipping up from time to time but very rarelly for 15202 unfortunately…
You might check with a good horologist if he can t modify it to make it fit properly…

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
If anyone has any referrals for someone that can do complex bezel work/mods, please feel free to shoot me a pm. I basically need to slightly enlarge all of my bezel holes to accommodate the screw heads (hard to do uniformly it seems).