• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Parts Sourcing?

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
Hi AP people!

Anyone know a good place to source gen dial, hands crown, etc for an AP 15400? I know these parts are very tough to find, but I've seen them for sale before.

rolexdd1

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/17
I'd like to know about hands and crown too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolexdd1

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/1/17
Or AP Diver gen parts

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I was offered today a 3120 calibre that will fit the 15400 and the diver - price is roughly $3000 without the rotor. Once you start collecting those parts there is no escaping ;)

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
I was offered today a 3120 calibre that will fit the 15400 and the diver - price is roughly $3000 without the rotor. Once you start collecting those parts there is no escaping ;)

Where do you find these offers?!

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Where do you find these offers?!

After lurking around for a couple of years innthis hobby you get to know people and they try to sell you stuff. If you're interested in a movement I can put you in contact.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
How is the condition? Brand new its a little bit overpriced but if its in use before i wouldn't pay 1600 € for it.
It's of course a matter of funds availability but it'd be overpriced even if new

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
How is the condition? Brand new its a little bit overpriced but if its in use before i wouldn't pay 1600 € for it.
It's of course a matter of funds availability but it'd be overpriced even if new

Moldy780

INMATE
21/8/16
After lurking around for a couple of years innthis hobby you get to know people and they try to sell you stuff. If you're interested in a movement I can put you in contact.

Would I be able to find a gen rotor easily as well?

super

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/13
The seller describe it as "like new" and indeed looks flawless in the pictures but he don't wants to let it go for €1000 even there are multiple more complex dials on chrono24 around this price range. His price of €1600 is ferm and is way to big for me...

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
The seller describe it as "like new" and indeed looks flawless in the pictures but he don't wants to let it go for €1000 even there are multiple more complex dials on chrono24 around this price range. His price of €1600 is ferm and is way to big for me...

The price of dials on the second hand market is determined not by their complexity but their desirability and availability. AP do not sell dials to their suppliers for $1k price tags, it's the suppliers and their employees or third party watchsmiths that spoil the party afterwards.

Did you know that when servicing a watch AP would change all hands and will do that in a price that normally ranges up to $800-900. And then again just the hands are somehow sold for the price of a full service done by highly trained and very well paid Swiss watchmakers.

So if the price is too high for you then it's definately not right. Even $1000 is overpriced but then again I would not reject such an offer :)

Reactions: jcher

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
you be sharing soap on rope with moldy if you not careful :picard2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucker

Trdso

11/6/16
Its sounds like backdoor sale..
Its Not allowed here!!

If you want to sale something Go to sale section.
Wegen the admins read this you have a problem

Sent from the RWI mobile app