• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to build a low beat Diver, or how to make a almost perfect rep a bit more perfect

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks! (again and again :))

So option 1 would mean to buy an xf diver and just use the movement for the ZF case and also mod the movement? Or can TDs organize just the movement modded already?

And option 2: To mod the 2824-2 to low beat with 2846 parts or use an powermatic 80. Sorry, that I have to ask. The only low beat watch parts which I can find in ebay are from China. Are they ok? I know that the A2824 is from china as well, but I was just not sure about the quality of the parts (something like this https://www.ebay.de/itm/17476936188...Dbw%2FoUznDjrA%3D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524)

For lowbeat conversion I’ll recommend you use Swiss ETA parts and like I said they are not uncommon. I can get them easily from my supplier. I haven’t used Chinese parts to convert the A2824 to low beat before.

For the XF factory movement I’ll recommend you buy an XF diver off m2m and use the movement as the xf divers don’t seem to be available anymore. I will definitely recommend this over the P80 route for 3 reasons:

1. Instant date change
2. Better datewheel
3. Better serviceability

Performance wise the P80 has a power reserve advantage which is unnecessary in my opinion. It’s like buying a car based on a larger fuel tank and nothing much else.

Npf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
3/6/15
Great to see. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
For lowbeat conversion I’ll recommend you use Swiss ETA parts and like I said they are not uncommon. I can get them easily from my supplier. I haven’t used Chinese parts to convert the A2824 to low beat before.

For the XF factory movement I’ll recommend you buy an XF diver off m2m and use the movement as the xf divers don’t seem to be available anymore. I will definitely recommend this over the P80 route for 3 reasons:

1. Instant date change
2. Better datewheel
3. Better serviceability

Performance wise the P80 has a power reserve advantage which is unnecessary in my opinion. It’s like buying a car based on a larger fuel tank and nothing much else.

Thanks again for your reply.
I will see which parts I will be able to get

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Very interesting reading.
just wanted to check - would 2836 fit to JF case designed for 2824? 2836 is taller and also stem height is different?
any need to modified JF case or movement ring to fit 2836 aand aligned its stem with the JF case crown tube?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
For lowbeat conversion I’ll recommend you use Swiss ETA parts and like I said they are not uncommon. I can get them easily from my supplier.
would you be so kind to list the details of these parts ? crazy as it sounds I might want to try..