• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to build a low beat Diver, or how to make a almost perfect rep a bit more perfect

jaycey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/13
I use the main plate from the chines movement for my mod. So no problem to fix the dial and the movement to the case.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Sorry. I missed the great big main plate in your picture identifying the parts you used from the Asian movement :bang:

Nice work, I think I will do one of these ;)

watch_man

Known Member
7/1/11
Hi Chris,
thank you very much for sharing this brilliant turorial - I immeadiately saved this thread to my favorites.
I also used to be a Swatch collector in my younger years (more than 20 years ago :cry2:) but I sold all my (S)watches except for one or two automatics. So I think I will also try to do the mod and thank to you with much less fear to do something wrong :)

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Just to make it clear, because I get many PM's like "thanks, I want to try that too"
But it's not a easy mod!! You must be familiar with the work at watch movements and you need good watchmaker skills for something like that.
It's just a warning.

Sent from my iPhone 6

oysterling

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/7/15
I just want share that pic from the mod. My FC diver next to the SS diver. Two true beauties

0acb31c68d32e4722152eed8a863421e.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Mate, I don't know if that is intended but the bezel on your fc is misaligned with the brushing running from 8 - 2. Is that correct?

Slowlex

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
Great thread! What do you use for timing with you iphone?

Chris

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Mate, I don't know if that is intended but the bezel on your fc is misaligned with the brushing running from 8 - 2. Is that correct?

Nice catch. I never notice that because the brushing lines at the noob FC Diver V3 are nearly invisible. You can see them just under strong light. But thanks for the hint. I will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone 6

oysterling

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/7/15
Nice catch. I never notice that because the brushing lines at the noob FC Diver V3 are nearly invisible. You can see them just under strong light. But thanks for the hint. I will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone 6

At your service. [emoji4][emoji106]

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Amazing and useful work chris! My compliments. Clean and cheap mod, your swissnese rocks!
Many thanks for share.

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
How to build a low beat Diver, or how to make a almost perfect rep a bit more...

Thanks a million Chris! PM replied ;)

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Having been to an AD this afternoon and seen the "tick" of the low beat rate AP 3120 movt this is a must do mod as it's probably the most obvious "tell". Thanks for such a comprehensive post on how to.

wariactive

8/6/15
3c636a9ad494739482e06e085553ff46.jpg

Is this okay? Sorry no idea on this but i would like to buy this piece and swap the movement to my Diver. Hehe

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
The movement is ok but I would not do it if I had no idea about a movement [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 6

D

d4m.test

This is an amazing AP Diver heart transplant pictorial:) Rep points given, very well deserved.
Who needs a Tissot Powermatic when You can do this:) And I have a 2840 and a 2846 around, fresh to some day go into vintage Rolexes - have to think about this and review this thread carefully several times. I could do the movement swap and transfer the rotor - but it´s already enough of skills 4me and they end right there. DWO and bridges..(?)..
Wow, I admire Your skills and taking the time to make some nice and easy to follow pictures was a great idea. Thanks a lot:)