• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A small memo about AP straps specs

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I'm constantly getting pms asking what size is the strap for model z,y,x; will a strap x fit a watch y; will the diver buckle fit 44mm ROO strap and so on, so i decided to write a small memo.

Diver strap (all divers from v2 onwards, including FC, Ceramic, QEII and fantasies) : width at the case is 28, taper to 24 at the buckle has oblong holes for the pin of about 7.5mm each. Noob and JF diver straps are interchangeable. XF and JF diver straps are interchangeable. Regular length is 115/75, XS 105/65

42mm ROO chrono straps NOOB version (especially older ones): width at the case is 28 and then tapers to 18mm at the buckle (deployant) has round holes 2mm in diameter. Don't fit well on divers or Jf 42mm roos, so they are not interchangeable if you want a perfect fit. (isn't it the most important thing in a good strap ?)

42mm ROO chrono straps JF versions : width at the case is 28 and then tapers to 18mm at the buckle (deployant) has round holes 2mm in diameter. Don't fit well on NOOBs versions of 42mm ROO chronos. Fit all the divers (except HF) just also get the deployant as the diver buckle won't fit it.

novelty (SIHH 2014) 42mm from JF: width at the case 28, tapers to 20 at the buckle, has oblong holes for the buckle pin of about 5.5mm. So the buckle has the same style but it is narrower than diver buckle.

44mm ROOs(also schumis and GPs): width at the case is 30, tapers to 24, same buckle as the diver. Regular length - 115/75, XS 105/65

Important addition.About the buckles. Again, there were couple of misunderstandings concerning the buckle sizes. First and foremost the diver and 44mm ROO buckles are of the same size and exactly 24mm second the new 2014 SIHH style buckles are exactly 20mm not 22 or any other size.

--
Updated May 7 2018

Last edited:

painfreak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/14
I'm searching for the same answers to this questions.

Thanks for the useful info. :thumbsup:

jmicro

11/12/08
Shameless repost. Will this 44mm strap fit my 44mm novelty j12 RG.

qLp8djy.jpg

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Shameless repost. Will this 44mm strap fit my 44mm novelty j12 RG.

qLp8djy.jpg

This strap doesn't look OEM to me, so it is hard to tell if it fits or not. How much is it ? if it's $100-ish you may try your luck. If you want a croc strap with good fit why not ask somebody who offers 44mm straps, like me for example.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
There is only one bracelet, it's 28 by 18 but i'm not sure whether it's interchangeable between noob/jf 42mm roos and divers

Would be great to know if JF and noob bracelet are interchangeable.

Sent using 1:1 Tapatalk

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Diver strap (all divers from v2 onwards, including FC, Ceramic, QEII and fantasies) : width at the case is 28, taper to 24 at the buckle has oblong holes for the pin of about 7.5mm each. Noob and JF diver straps are interchangeable.
Feel free to add.

Does this mean that this strap http://pure-time.com/product/audemars-piguet-xs-red-rubber-strap-for-royal-oak-offshore-diver/ regardless of the maker will fit both Noob and jF divers? Also both j12 and Noob 42mm ROO chronos?
I was under the impression they were not interchangeable.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I also invite our knowledgeable members to chime in and clarify the bracelet question

jmicro

11/12/08
The 44mm strap shown is an OEM strap. Just wondering if itll fit the new 44mms
DtKQ01D.jpg
rRvmhAW.jpg

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
OEM strap will fit J12 watches with minor gaps, but will not fit at all the noob watches. It has to do with the shape and size of the replica endlinks (plots) versus the gen part. I am talking about the new 44mm.

jmicro

11/12/08
OEM strap will fit J12 watches with minor gaps, but will not fit at all the noob watches. It has to do with the shape and size of the replica endlinks (plots) versus the gen part. I am talking about the new 44mm.

I only ask because I know theyre some T3 straps that are 44mm (30mm) that will not fit the new ones. Im trying my best to find what watch this strap comes on.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I only ask because I know theyre some T3 straps that are 44mm (30mm) that will not fit the new ones. Im trying my best to find what watch this strap comes on.

T3 is an old model, probably they have changed the specs of the plots on the newer 44 ROOs (by they i mean Audemars Piguet). If that's OEM strap, then their quality standards must have dropped lately.