• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to build a gen with a rep base donor, AP 42 CP

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Here are the pictures of my new franken project, I have receive this morning the following parts, I think that this will be a very nice watch

the gen dial and bezel, one from RGRC

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
The donor watch, think a noob Chronopassion, the crystal is very beautiful, I have just instal a no hole claps

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
The LWO his here, wait now to receive this week for the complete handset, complete gen crown tube and pushers, edge date wheel, Saphire crystal colorless same as gen from Mickey, don't know if I am going to use it as the stock rep one is really impressive, will see. And at last the CP and hour chrono.
all must be there this week, and next week direct to Germany for the franken work.
i will post pics of the last parts mentioned before the end of this week, I hope!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Bro. Awesome job sourcing parts. When domi machines the case and remake the bead blast ask him if possible bead finish clasp to dull finish match case

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
CP is a beautifully understated watch to Franken. I am currently working on Volcano and Blue Themes Frankens.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Good luck with your project, mate
It will be very nice for sure ;)

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Bro. Awesome job sourcing parts. When domi machines the case and remake the bead blast ask him if possible bead finish clasp to dull finish match case

Thanks bro, will ask to domi for the claps

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Chronopassion is classic; Volcano is novelty, and Blue Themes is ... blue.

TimeDelux

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Michasol is the dial a gen chronopassion or is it a gen dial from a RG Rubberclad which looks somewhat similar.

BTW is the chronopassion dial not a little darker than the RGRC Dial? Otherwise this would be a great way to build a chronopassion franken because gen chronopassion dials are really really rare

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Michasol is the dial a gen chronopassion or is it a gen dial from a RG Rubberclad which looks somewhat similar.

BTW is the chronopassion dial not a little darker than the RGRC Dial? Otherwise this would be a great way to build a chronopassion franken because gen chronopassion dials are really really rare

it is a gen RGRC first generation, same color that the Chronopassion, the only difference are on the subdial, the CP have a metalique surrounded not the RGRC, it is a difficult detail to match, fire007 have seen it, he knows the CP like anyone else, even me don't match it when compare the dial of the gen CP with gen RGRC.

i agree gen CP dial are impossible to source, only 50 where built, even the RGRC first generation are difficult, it is the only one I saw complete with the tachy ring and the sub plate with the dial, saw another one without tachy and sub plate, it is better to have this sub plate if not you have to mod the gen dial for let the canon pinion work easily, I discover this on my other franken, domi had to mod back of the gen dial for this reason. When you see the price of the dial must be distress when building your franken.