• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Limited Edition LeBron James

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
AP ROO Limited Edition LeBron James (27th Sept 2013)

Dear members,

what are your thoughts about this LE introduced exactly 1 year ago on the 27th September 2013?

Is this classy?

Is it stylish?

Is it just another take-the-same-watch-and-add-fancy-Colors?

Would you Gusy buy this if it will be released?

I am torn between love and hate, yay and nay, on and off. But the more I look at it, the more the watch speaks to me. Supple grey Colors for dial and strap (I am a sucker for Grey :D ) and the fine Gold gives it an elegant, yet sporty look. The 44mm case will Keep it into the range of wearable watches. I will not talk abot those Diamonds on the start-pusher (no like).

Just like to hear your thoughts as I have a genuine croc strap for this Baby sitting in my strap-box waiting for the watch to be released.

Dr. Theo
P.S.: the rubber strap that Comes with the watch is a Piece of art for itself ;)

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I am not a gold guy, but I like it, she seems lighter/fresher then the other Gold models, much less in your face.

kinda of a cool high end summer watch

I might consider for the Stable if a premium quality rep is avail :)

so to answers your questions:

Is this classy? YES with a touch of audacity

Is it stylish? YES very much

Is it just another take-the-same-watch-and-add-fancy-Colors? NO, it has his own personality, a very pleasant/subtle wrist presence

Would you Gusy buy this if it will be released? YES @ 90% , but makers must buy the gen to insure proper Qc and colors check...

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Thx mate for your Input.

I don´t think the factory bought the gen as this would be a 60K Investment to start the Project.

But anyway, the watch offers some easier parts like NO AP logo, easy Color for dial and strap, allready seen movement in the other 44mm ROO´s, blue chrono hands and a black datewindow.

Let´s wait and see.

Dr. Theo

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
i like the collor combo,think its a nice watch and should buy it iff its properly made.
and its released on my birthday so thats also a reason to buy:lol:

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
My only concerned is the Gold color . did you see it in the flesh ? At times it seems the gold use is rose gold, but on some pics you see it yellow (which I don't like)

check the pictures below. What do you think ?

pinkish here:

audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-chronograph-lebron-james-02.jpg

clearly yellow on this one (please note protective plastic that might change the color/light reflection):

LB03.jpg

Pinkish here on a different angle

audemars-piguet-ap-roya-oak-offshore-chronograph-watch-watchanish-anish.jpg

Clearly yellow here again:

LB01.jpg

and finally pinkish on Lebron:

maxresdefault.jpg

That is the color I like not completely pink neither yellow...:

audemars-piguet-ap-roya-oak-offshore-chronograph-watch-watchanish-anish-lebron-james-limited-edition-price-wristshot.jpg

What do you guys think ? I must admit I am a bit confused.

I hope Makers will produce one with a stronger rose gold hint then yellow...

After the "Fiasco" of the Diver QEII, which share similar colors pattern, one can only hope for the best without a Gen handy at the factory...

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
The Gold used is Pink (or Rose) Gold. I have seen it at my local dealer on a special AP event ... it is clearly rose Color!

Dr. Theo

Motoman4540

24/2/13
Sorry... Does nothing for me at all. Plus, honoring LJ here in Miami is not exactly PC either, even if I did like it!

Sent from the USS Enterprise using this species' primitive communications network via Tapatalk

Jomana12345

1/7/14
Sorry... Does nothing for me at all. Plus, honoring LJ here in Miami is not exactly PC either, even if I did like it!

Sent from the USS Enterprise using this species' primitive communications network via Tapatalk

Miami Is more team Hublot :)

watchcraze

Horology Curious
9/9/14
Seems to me thats it's not a watch that sports itself in a dressy way. Its more-so a casual watch. In that regard, it is a BEAST to me! Although, the gold/pinkish look makes it look weird, it has certain uniqueness in its color.

Sooooo...1 out of 10, 10 being the highest. I give it a 6 LOL

I would love to see the quality and price of a rep!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I love the ROO LBJ the day I saw it.
But where the rep is concerned, I have little faith after seeing the monstrosity rep they call the diver QE2, which is of a similar color theme...
Lets just hope that if and when this is released, it is a more believable version vs the QE2 rep.

Reactions: Allure

Governor

Horology Curious
23/8/12
Hello Gents . I have seen the watch at my AD it is 18 Rose with Titanium ... Nice watch ... But ....

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
you have look like him to wear this watch

ed593b90d2d3984c29e9f48712adf236.jpg

for all others it is just ridiculous

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

Def not my taste... Gayish

???????????

If you are inferring "Gayish" as a watch that should be worn by a Lady , I am afraid I have to tell you that you just been DISQUALIFIED to provide any opinions on both AP design style and sophisticated lifestyle tastes in general !

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I love the ROO LBJ the day I saw it.
But where the rep is concerned, I have little faith after seeing the monstrosity rep they call the diver QE2, which is of a similar color theme...
Lets just hope that if and when this is released, it is a more believable version vs the QE2 rep.

+1