• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will we ever see a faux Audemars Piguet calibre 3126/3840?

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
Now that the rep factory repped the 44mm series and 42mm open case back such as jarno,buemi, theres a questions that every member wondering, will we ever see faux Audemars Piguet calibre 3126/3840?

the reason i use faux, because we know the rep factory wont clone this movement due to economy calculations,(not that they cant).

its surely not an easy movement details to get faux clone. unlike p,9000 or Hublot movement that nice enough clone atm.

here some of the info about the movement,

The Audemars Piguet calibre 3126/3840 is the beating heart of all modern Royal Oak Offshore Chronographs since 2007 and is the movement that replaced calibre 2226/2840 that was originally fitted on all Royal Oak Offshore Chronographs from 1993 through the beginning of 2007.
Both models of the Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph —44mm and 42mm— are fitted with this newer calibre. The only difference is that on the 44mm models, the 22K gold rotor has been replaced by a skeletonized blackened rotor with AP logo at the center or with a customized rotor on those 44mm that are Limited Editions.

This self-winding calibre 3126/3840 features date and chronograph module. Every aspect bears the unmistakable AP signature —bridges arranged harmoniously side-by-side, hand finished and embellished components— and presents elegant equilibrium that is further enhanced by the angular balance cock. This calibre is fitted with a 22K gold rotor —decorated with the Audemars and Piguet family crests— that is mounted on ceramic ball bearings, a balance with 8 variable inertia blocks, a gear train where pinions are polished, pivots and sweep of the pivots are burnished and the non-functional surfaces of the wheels are gold-plated and adorned with a circular pattern.

The movement measures 29.92mm in diameter and 7.16 in thickness and is composed by 365 parts and 59 jewels. This movement beats at a frequency of 21,600 vph and provides a power reserve of 55 hours when fully wound.

Reactions: Hazyville

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The 3126/3840 movement is a nice work of art, but it is not sent down from heaven: I am sure it can be reverse engineered, given enough time and money. The question is if it makes economic sense for rep manufacturers to do that.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
why should they do that?? the open case back 44`s sell like hot bread. and that whit the extrem ugly 7750 with blue screws, like noob do it. so no reason to spend time and money to rep that movement.

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
No rep factory will make it. However, hobbiests with substantial watchmaking, engineering, and precision tooling skills (and money and time) could conceivably reproduce it.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
No rep factory will make it. However, hobbiests with substantial watchmaking, engineering, and precision tooling skills (and money and time) could conceivably reproduce it.

Sounds like a job for zorrolon.

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
i dont think they will even try to produce clone like in rolex,

but they will try to make the close decorations, but then again, if it fly from thir shelf like hot cakes, why they bother.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
The 3126/3840 movement is a nice work of art, but it is not sent down from heaven: I am sure it can be reverse engineered, given enough time and money. The question is if it makes economic sense for rep manufacturers to do that.

I bet something would be done soon. People probably said the same thing about the PAM movement a while ago. If not so soon, I'm sure in the near future. At some point, who ever thought they'll be spending $800 on a rep but now we somehow accept it as a norm haha. So people get ready to empty your pockets in the nearer future, this hobby is about to get expensive. The higher the demand, the higher the price. Till it gets closer to the price of gen, they would somehow convince us to dig deeper into our pockets and unfortunately we will because it's our hobby lol.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I think i just crossed one.. having trouble uploading a pic tho :p

When you bump a 4 years old thread with that, you HAVE to post that pic or else you’ll get into problems :hehehe:

Reactions: MrBeasy and m5smg2

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
first post and you drop a bomb like that, you need to deliver on your word now!

Reactions: m5smg2

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
i cannot imagine that this is true :hehehe:

but i would appreciate it a lot if there are people that think "huh - this could be interesting for some rep connoisseurs - let me register in a rep forum"

i remember slaughterers words that a 3126 would not be impossible on page 1 haha