• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A thread for Noobs...or I shall call me a beginner?

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
You most certainly are, like anyone else.
I guess by the time your guide is done, you would have answered all your own questions.
Looking forward to it. :hehehe:

Appreciate your feedback (from anyone in here), no matter if it is positive or negative!

I will do my best and hopefully spare you guys from more people like me :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Appreciate your feedback (from anyone in here), no matter if it is positive or negative!

I will do my best and hopefully spare you guys from more people like me :)

I do not judge who you are. All I said was that your approach to try to learn what you are here to learn. That is all.
Your integration here will be, in itself, a learning journey I am sure.
You staying and contributing meaningfully beats you leaving and leaving no fond remembrance for anyone.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Fuck you lot are about as welcoming and as useful as a can of petrol at a car fire.
If you spent half the time answering some of the guy's questions as you have telling home how unreasonable he is he would've most of his answers. If the questions are too vague, ask for some clarification don't just say the questions are unanswerable. I am hearing more and more often that this section is the most unwelcomi=eing and unfriendly on the entire forum, I'm beginning to see the point and it needs to change or the section will die. Several prominent AP collectors have been scarce around the forum of late, I suggest that some folk need to ask themselves why that may be.

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
Just a general FYI:

Legend and me are in PMs all the time since start of this thread - so he is welcoming me.

Yes indeed, when I checked other brands (in this forum) it seemed to me also more welcoming, but thats the nature of things...

If you drive american muscles and join a porsche forum....you d be surprised how people treat you....

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yes indeed, when I checked other brands (in this forum) it seemed to me also more welcoming, but thats the nature of things...
The AP section is generally a tad more enthusiastic and sensitive of sorts with the brand being close to our hearts and this sub being more small, having less of the traffic others (like Rolex) do. Please don't take it the wrong way, we are even nicer guys once you got to know us. :lol:

As for your models listed in the OP, forget about pretty much all of them. For AP there are not really any reps that come close to the level of reps available from other brands like Rolex, Panerai etc. naturally due to the complexity of the watches and several limitations. Movement is mostly always one of the main limitations.
The best currently readily available APs are Royal Oaks. Mostly 15400 (with not so clone but clone 3120 movement), 15500 (decorated Miyota) or 15202 (decorated Miyota) and 3 hand divers (15703/10). Anything else, you will have to live with 'major' flaws on the stock reps and be ready to drop big money on fixing these flaws i.e. going franken on Offshores or ROC's.

Look into the offerings from ZF or APSF for Royal Oak or ZF for Diver. APSF has also made the Perpetual Calendar but it is riddled with flaws and wrong functions so you'll have to see and decide for yourself what you can or can not live with.

Reactions: grillbrill

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
The AP section is generally a tad more enthusiastic and sensitive of sorts with the brand being close to our hearts and this sub being more small, having less of the traffic others (like Rolex) do. Please don't take it the wrong way, we are even nicer guys once you got to know us. :lol:

As for your models listed in the OP, forget about pretty much all of them. For AP there are not really any reps that come close to the level of reps available from other brands like Rolex, Panerai etc. naturally due to the complexity of the watches and several limitations. Movement is mostly always one of the main limitations.
The best currently readily available APs are Royal Oaks. Mostly 15400 (with not so clone but clone 3120 movement), 15500 (decorated Miyota) or 15202 (decorated Miyota) and 3 hand divers (15703/10). Anything else, you will have to live with 'major' flaws on the stock reps and be ready to drop big money on fixing these flaws i.e. going franken on Offshores or ROC's.

Look into the offerings from ZF or APSF for Royal Oak or ZF for Diver. APSF has also made the Perpetual Calendar but it is riddled with flaws and wrong functions so you'll have to see and decide for yourself what you can or can not live with.

Yeah I saw that :)
But at least some action in the beginning, so I know that you guys live it to the fullest and that is cool!

Thank you for your explanations, Legend spoke to me privately and more or less said the same thing.

I guess I will start with a 15500 and let him mod it for me....than I can see how it looks and what else I need or could do and get a feeling for AP reps...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yeah I saw that :)
But at least some action in the beginning, so I know that you guys live it to the fullest and that is cool!

Thank you for your explanations, Legend spoke to me privately and more or less said the same thing.

I guess I will start with a 15500 and let him mod it for me....than I can see how it looks and what else I need or could do and get a feeling for AP reps...

Oh TheTrunto you leaked our PMs openly.
10 points taken away from Gryffindor, monster wrist or not. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
Leave my wrist alone :spray_ubp:

21cm is super tight, 22cm is ok to wear....
:picard2:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Leave my wrist alone :spray_ubp:

21cm is super tight, 22cm is ok to wear....
:picard2:

You definitely deserve to be smacked with a tuna L and don’t you dare resist.

But on a more serious note I’m glad you found your first build choice despite being such a difficult person to deal with. :legend:

Reactions: Allure

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The AP section is generally a tad more enthusiastic and sensitive of sorts with the brand being close to our hearts and this sub being more small

Well, enthuiasiem is great but it needs to lose some of the sensitivity, peop[le are finding it offputting especially the criticism of frankens, it needs to change. Everyone has the right to an opinion and they have the right to voice it without fear of being shut down for it; that is the purpose of a forum.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
If you want a reliable watch, you should take Miyota. It allows you to have a thin case... For non-chrono, it is easy to find very good AP rep. ZF or XF makes very good rep.

I think the problem is not to find the best one absolutely, because it depends on what you are waiting for... Each factory has its own advantages and inconveniences. On RepTime (Reddit), you have a list of good reps. For some improvements, you can ask modders here !

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
hello guys,

I like Mercedes. I like the A class, B class, C class, E class, G class, V class, sometimes the S class and even the GLE, GLS and GLC. Oh yes and the new GLB and even the EQS, so which one should I buy?

Sorry mate but your topic felt like this, welcome onboard, choose your weapon and we are happy to help you refine it and make it almost perfect :) Forget the openworked and chronos, if you wanna something nice out of the box take a look at a Royal Oak perhaps? Or a diver?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
hello guys,

I like Mercedes. I like the A class, B class, C class, E class, G class, V class, sometimes the S class and even the GLE, GLS and GLC. Oh yes and the new GLB and even the EQS, so which one should I buy?

Sorry mate but your topic felt like this, welcome onboard, choose your weapon and we are happy to help you refine it and make it almost perfect :) Forget the openworked and chronos, if you wanna something nice out of the box take a look at a Royal Oak perhaps? Or a diver?

If you meant TheTrunto you can find him vainly admiring his own 22cm wrists in front of the boutique mirror while commenting that the AP 15500 wears more like a 31mm.
That guy is hopeless.

Reactions: Allure and mskwatch

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
If you meant TheTrunto you can find him vainly admiring his own 22cm wrists in front of the boutique mirror while commenting that the AP 15500 wears more like a 31mm.
That guy is hopeless.

my wrist game makes you jealous :wingnut:

TheReplicator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/21
Fuck you lot are about as welcoming and as useful as a can of petrol at a car fire.
If you spent half the time answering some of the guy's questions as you have telling home how unreasonable he is he would've most of his answers. If the questions are too vague, ask for some clarification don't just say the questions are unanswerable. I am hearing more and more often that this section is the most unwelcomi=eing and unfriendly on the entire forum, I'm beginning to see the point and it needs to change or the section will die. Several prominent AP collectors have been scarce around the forum of late, I suggest that some folk need to ask themselves why that may be.
amen 🙏