• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A thread for Noobs...or I shall call me a beginner?

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
Soooooooooo

I am coming from the Rolex fraction, but I am in love with AP....
Had/have some gens and some days ago decided to go with reps - a lot of people I know have been targeted (and orbbed) with their watches and keep them in a bank safe now....
So if I get hit, I ll let them have my replica :D

Since I am coming over from Rolex and am fairly new to the rep game of AP - I am super curious in your opinions.

First things first:
A rep is and never will be a gen - or better than a gen.
This is and should be clear to everyone.

For me at least it is and I want to find answers to find the "most perfect superclone" for me.
Emphasis on "me".

I know that Rolex reps have a strong game and look almost stunning (of course the manufacturers could make them even better, but how could they then sell them every year to us?)
but I am not familiar with AP.

So I naturally have some questions for you guys, that hopefully all beginners like me will read and appreciate:

1. Is ARF/JF, ZF still the no.1 manufacturer for AP? When looking for watches, should it be made by them, are they still the best?
I know there have been Raids, but sometimes you can get lucky and find even watches from raided manufacturers.

2. What movement is to be considered? With Rolex it is pretty simple, there is one that works and you should try to get it as it is sustainable....whats with AP?
Is there an order with flaws and pros about certain ones?
I came across this guide, does it also apply for AP (this guide doesnt have all types that some TD have in the description)?
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/c889yu/movements_found_in_replica_watches/
For example the A5134 is just a modified J23 (supposedly).

3. Flaws/Mods:
What are the obvious or important flaws that you guys would mod upon receiving a rep AP? I am not saying you are or should chase the gen, but lets assume someone is chasing the "perfect rep for him" - what are some flaws (depending of course on the model) that the community here would change? Things you would immediately do and/or send to a modder/watchmaker to fix for you?

4. SS vs YG vs RG etc. - Yes there is a difference and weight and yes SS is still the best option for Reps, but do you guys encourage a coating after receiving the reps? so that the reps looks more like a gen (colorwise) or is that something not worth it? Lets assume money is no issue here, its just a theoretical game we play.
Anyone complaining about the weight is nuts....you cant expect a YG/RG rep to have identical/same weight as the gen.

5. I know everyone likes a different type of AP...can we generalize and say that for example the skeleton ones are not good in quality and one should wait for better reps? or royal oaks?
Is the quality level of the AP reps somewhere near or better or worse than the high end Rolex reps?

-------------------

Now to my personal questions and things I am looking for:

Me personally, I am looking for several watches:

1. Royal Oak 41mm 26331BA.OO.1220BA (YG with green dial)
2. Royal Oak 26606ST.OO.1220ST.01
3. Royal Oak 26240ST.OO.1320ST.04
4. Royal Oak 15407OR.OO.1220OR.01
5. Royal Oak 15407ST.OO.1220ST.01
6. Royal Oak 15416CE.OO.1225CE.01
7. Royal Oak 26735ST.OO.1320ST.01
8. Royal Oak 26240OR.OO.1320OR.04
9. Royal Oak 26240ST.OO.1320ST.01

Are any of these worth trying or is the rep scene a long way away of decent reps of these?
Like is it better to wait until next year (I read this in several comments/threads) or can I already get superclone quality somewhere where I need to mod just a few things and I am satisfied (as satisfied as one can be lol).

I know my wishlist is not really easy...but thought I d share and see what the expert community will say.... [h=1]I am so much looking forward to your answers :)[/h]

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
There is no best factory overall neither in Rolex reps nor in AP nor in any other brand. It depends on the model.

You're looking for generalisations and blanket statements that you won't find. Instead look at TD's websites, which models are being proposed, and when you see one that you like come here, search for a corresponding thread and read it to understand the pros and cons of that specific rep.

It takes time but there's no other way around

BTW JF has just stopped production as you saw in the other thread, but you can still likely source them - like other discontinued reps - on M2M
All the best

Reactions: Nono92 and kavorca1

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
There is no best factory overall neither in Rolex reps nor in AP nor in any other brand. It depends on the model.

You're looking for generalisations and blanket statements that you won't find. Instead look at TD's websites, which models are being proposed, and when you see one that you like come here, search for a corresponding thread and read it to understand the pros and cons of that specific rep.

It takes time but there's no other way around

BTW JF has just stopped production as you saw in the other thread, but you can still likely source them - like other discontinued reps - on M2M
All the best

Thanks for a first answer :)

I dont know how you can say there is no best manufacturer, right now BTF and Clean are way ahead of all others in terms of Rolex.
Maybe that will change soon(ish) - but thats and answer I could have used for AP, to know which one(s) are currently in the lead.

Maybe you missunderstood me, I am not looking for a generalization, as you can see in my questions I am looking for infos (like what movement etc.).
And clearly there are answers to that, sending me back to TD and than here makes no sense - I wanted to educated me here and than look for these specific specs at the TDs :)

Or is there no knowledge or thread with general infos for AP?
(then we d need to make one :) )

My goal is to educate me here, who are the current best manuf (general and specifically for my wanted models), which according movements (like the 4130 in daytonas) etc.

I spent many hours reading into all this, but I need a starting point like I had with Rolex.

If of course (like i mentioned) there is no global info point...than that su**s :)

Tobel

6/7/17
For ​​​​Rolex clean, BTF, Noob, ARF, GMF, BP are all valid factories, and I'm probably missing a few. Again it depends on the model, your budget, what flaws you can live with etc.

There's many AP rep factories as well.

You're basically asking who has the best AP for 9 different models, that's not a great way to start your journey here. Have you even checked that any of these models have been repped at all? Well yes you'll find that on TDs websites. Once you have found the ones that have been repped and look decent to you on TDs websites then you can find more information here.

No there is no general thread for AP, and I'm not aware of one for Rolex either BTW.

You're asking for help, I'm advising you how to go about finding what you're looking for, but your reply is "it doesn't make sense" and having no global info thread "sucks". Do you think you could be a little more humble towards the community you just joined?

Reactions: domiffm and legend

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
For ​​​​Rolex clean, BTF, Noob, ARF, GMF, BP are all valid factories, and I'm probably missing a few. Again it depends on the model, your budget, what flaws you can live with etc.

There's many AP rep factories as well.

You're basically asking who has the best AP for 9 different models, that's not a great way to start your journey here. Have you even checked that any of these models have been repped at all? Well yes you'll find that on TDs websites. Once you have found the ones that have been repped and look decent to you on TDs websites then you can find more information here.

No there is no general thread for AP, and I'm not aware of one for Rolex either BTW.

You're asking for help, I'm advising you how to go about finding what you're looking for, but your reply is "it doesn't make sense" and having no global info thread "sucks". Do you think you could be a little more humble towards the community you just joined?

Yes, these are valid and some are apparently gone...so you see, you can name a few. Where is the problem with AP :) there are for sure 3 or 4 that you could recommend, but we are going in circles....

I am asking general questions and I added the models that I want, so my next step would have been to go with all infos that I get and check for the "my best rep".

There are several threads (reddit) about the rep game, thats what I was asking for. I thought there are also some for AP.

Of course it sucks, but for anyone, not just me.
How can you say it doesnt suck , not being able to find all infos with one click and read thru them ? :) lol
Its the 21st century, information can be gathered on one spot and edited, see reddit pins for basically anything.
I was hoping there is something similar here too.

And my reply is valid, of course it makes no sense your way around - thats like saying:
Go buy the the cars you want, and afterwards check for details :)

I know what models I want, I checked on some TDs sites if they are rep`ed and now I wanted more infos before I chose which ones I will get.

I dont see any disrespect here from my side.

You could have also saved you, me and all newbies a lot of time by just giving a few solid answers.
Check this for example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/tflxwm/intro_and_guide_to_reptime_updated_continuously/

I know that its always hard with newbies and most of them ask the same things without using the search function....but I asked valid points on specific questions.

This is not my first forum or my first rodeo - so I d appreciate at least something...

thanks

Reactions: TheReplicator

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Soooooooooo

I am coming from the Rolex fraction, but I am in love with AP....
Had/have some gens and some days ago decided to go with reps - a lot of people I know have been targeted (and orbbed) with their watches and keep them in a bank safe now....
So if I get hit, I ll let them have my replica :D

Since I am coming over from Rolex and am fairly new to the rep game of AP - I am super curious in your opinions.

First things first:
A rep is and never will be a gen - or better than a gen.
This is and should be clear to everyone.

For me at least it is and I want to find answers to find the "most perfect superclone" for me.
Emphasis on "me".

I know that Rolex reps have a strong game and look almost stunning (of course the manufacturers could make them even better, but how could they then sell them every year to us?)
but I am not familiar with AP.

So I naturally have some questions for you guys, that hopefully all beginners like me will read and appreciate:

1. Is ARF/JF, ZF still the no.1 manufacturer for AP? When looking for watches, should it be made by them, are they still the best?
I know there have been Raids, but sometimes you can get lucky and find even watches from raided manufacturers.

2. What movement is to be considered? With Rolex it is pretty simple, there is one that works and you should try to get it as it is sustainable....whats with AP?
Is there an order with flaws and pros about certain ones?
I came across this guide, does it also apply for AP (this guide doesnt have all types that some TD have in the description)?
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/c889yu/movements_found_in_replica_watches/
For example the A5134 is just a modified J23 (supposedly).

3. Flaws/Mods:
What are the obvious or important flaws that you guys would mod upon receiving a rep AP? I am not saying you are or should chase the gen, but lets assume someone is chasing the "perfect rep for him" - what are some flaws (depending of course on the model) that the community here would change? Things you would immediately do and/or send to a modder/watchmaker to fix for you?

4. SS vs YG vs RG etc. - Yes there is a difference and weight and yes SS is still the best option for Reps, but do you guys encourage a coating after receiving the reps? so that the reps looks more like a gen (colorwise) or is that something not worth it? Lets assume money is no issue here, its just a theoretical game we play.
Anyone complaining about the weight is nuts....you cant expect a YG/RG rep to have identical/same weight as the gen.

5. I know everyone likes a different type of AP...can we generalize and say that for example the skeleton ones are not good in quality and one should wait for better reps? or royal oaks?
Is the quality level of the AP reps somewhere near or better or worse than the high end Rolex reps?

-------------------

Now to my personal questions and things I am looking for:

Me personally, I am looking for several watches:

1. Royal Oak 41mm 26331BA.OO.1220BA (YG with green dial)
2. Royal Oak 26606ST.OO.1220ST.01
3. Royal Oak 26240ST.OO.1320ST.04
4. Royal Oak 15407OR.OO.1220OR.01
5. Royal Oak 15407ST.OO.1220ST.01
6. Royal Oak 15416CE.OO.1225CE.01
7. Royal Oak 26735ST.OO.1320ST.01
8. Royal Oak 26240OR.OO.1320OR.04
9. Royal Oak 26240ST.OO.1320ST.01

Are any of these worth trying or is the rep scene a long way away of decent reps of these?
Like is it better to wait until next year (I read this in several comments/threads) or can I already get superclone quality somewhere where I need to mod just a few things and I am satisfied (as satisfied as one can be lol).

I know my wishlist is not really easy...but thought I d share and see what the expert community will say.... [h=1]I am so much looking forward to your answers :)[/h]

You are literally asking a lot. Firstly, trust me when I tell you that nobody here will bother to look up the reference numbers you posted. Some references will already be familiar to some here and they may or may not choose to reply you.
Second, your questions are too general and scattered. For example, "what movement to get" depends on what model you are speaking of. For some reps like the ROO there is not much choice.
Third, while you are here, please avoid terms like "most perfect superclone" (its like asking "which Walmart can I find a live unicorn in?") or "1:1" or "perfect"... they just do not exist (yet) for AP reps. There are acceptable reps and unacceptable ones and these are decided by the individual. When you post any rep for discussion, you will get eclectic opinions and you will ultimately need to decide what works for you.

On the subject of watch robbery: You will realize, that wearing a rep will not significantly decrease the chance of you getting robbed or lessen the violence and brutality of the process (unless said robbers recognize it as a cheap fake). It simply diminishes your material loss after the unwelcome intrusion. The robbers would likely not know if the nice looking timepiece on your wrist is a replica or not in real life, and should they decide to rob you, you will be subject to the same physical violence and suffer the same anguish as someone wearing a gen. You may not always be given the chance to peacefully hand over your watch, and get it snatched it off you by force even if you do not resist. So wearing an obviously cheap watch, a smart watch or no watch at all makes more sense when it comes to robbery deterrence than wearing a replica watch IMHO.

Tobel

6/7/17
Yes, these are valid and some are apparently gone...so you see, you can name a few. Where is the problem with AP :) there are for sure 3 or 4 that you could recommend, but we are going in circles....

I am asking general questions and I added the models that I want, so my next step would have been to go with all infos that I get and check for the "my best rep".

There are several threads (reddit) about the rep game, thats what I was asking for. I thought there are also some for AP.

Of course it sucks, but for anyone, not just me.
How can you say it doesnt suck , not being able to find all infos with one click and read thru them ? :) lol
Its the 21st century, information can be gathered on one spot and edited, see reddit pins for basically anything.
I was hoping there is something similar here too.

And my reply is valid, of course it makes no sense your way around - thats like saying:
Go buy the the cars you want, and afterwards check for details :)

I know what models I want, I checked on some TDs sites if they are rep`ed and now I wanted more infos before I chose which ones I will get.

I dont see any disrespect here from my side.

You could have also saved you, me and all newbies a lot of time by just giving a few solid answers.
Check this for example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/tflxwm/intro_and_guide_to_reptime_updated_continuously/

I know that its always hard with newbies and most of them ask the same things without using the search function....but I asked valid points on specific questions.

This is not my first forum or my first rodeo - so I d appreciate at least something...

thanks

Well it seems that you know better and that I'm wasting your time so I won't bother trying to explain any longer. Apologies for trying to help you in a way that is most effective but doesn't align with your preconceived idea of how things work here.

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
You are literally asking a lot. Firstly, trust me when I tell you that nobody here will bother to look up the reference numbers you posted. Some references will already be familiar to some here and they may or may not choose to reply you.
Second, your questions are too general and scattered. For example, "what movement to get" depends on what model you are speaking of. For some reps like the ROO there is not much choice.
Third, while you are here, please avoid terms like "most perfect superclone" (its like asking "which Walmart can I find a live unicorn in?") or "1:1" or "perfect"... they just do not exist (yet) for AP reps. There are acceptable reps and unacceptable ones and these are decided by the individual. When you post any rep for discussion, you will get eclectic opinions and you will ultimately need to decide what works for you.

On the subject of watch robbery: You will realize, that wearing a rep will not significantly decrease the chance of you getting robbed or lessen the violence and brutality of the process (unless said robbers recognize it as a cheap fake). It simply diminishes your material loss after the unwelcome intrusion. The robbers would likely not know if the nice looking timepiece on your wrist is a replica or not in real life, and should they decide to rob you, you will be subject to the same physical violence and suffer the same anguish as someone wearing a gen. You may not always be given the chance to peacefully hand over your watch, and get it snatched it off you by force even if you do not resist. So wearing an obviously cheap watch, a smart watch or no watch at all makes more sense when it comes to robbery deterrence than wearing a replica watch IMHO.

I even tried to stay objective, because on this guide (https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/c889yu/movements_found_in_replica_watches/) I learned a little about movements...so my question here was in my eyes legit (are there some favourites like the 4130 for the daytona or is there a similar guide for the APs). I couldnt find a comprehensive one like the one from my link so I asked here (where else :) )

Yes you are absolutely right, each individual has his own view of "perfect" or ideal.
But at least you answered me what I was looking for! you said they dont exist yet.
That was one of my questions :) and my follow up was am I too early for APs....so thats another yes when I read your previous answer :)

So that means for me, I can only find an acceptable AP that I can mod - but I will be dissatisfied if I am looking for "superclones".

Maybe you missunderstood me in terms of robbery.
What I said (or wanted to say): I want the rep for cases like this. So if I get robbed, I d rather wear a rep than a gen.
That was my whole point :)
I dont mind the violence, I just dont want to lose my gen hehehe.

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
Well it seems that you know better and that I'm wasting your time so I won't bother trying to explain any longer. Apologies for trying to help you in a way that is most effective but doesn't align with your preconceived idea of how things work here.

I dont say my way is the only one (its the easier one), but its a shame it has to be this way.
So with knowing this, there should be a pinned thread with all these infos.

Maybe not written by me....lol...

So dont take me or this personal, was not my intention.
But the general "yo newbie go fy and use the search bar" is not really helpful or friendly.

I was expecting a starting point somewhere....its chaotic like this, dont you agree?

The troubling part is keeping it up to date obviously....which I can understand.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Check this for example:
That remark seems to be rather self-entitled. So what you mean, is that guys here need to actually SPEND time to give you solid answers, meaningful to you, to help you save YOUR time.
The way I see it, the community per se saves a lot of time collectively if I am just to remove your thread. That takes 3 seconds on a slow day. :legend:

So, please show more respect when you're here, or you can just peruse reddit, since you found it so useful. We are not reddit and we do not run things that way. Your thread will be closed if it escalates into an argument thread, or if you try again to tell us how things should be run around here. Nobody is stopping you from asking questions, but I will appreciate if you can show more courtesy to the members who are trying to help you out. Tobel has mentioned many valid points which I agree with. You do not even know the super-neophyte nature of your questions. He was pointing out how you would likely be UNABLE to receive help based on your post and how you can do it better.
If you seem already to know everything and think that your questions are valid and on point, lets see if you can get the answers you want, I will leave this thread open as long as it does not escalate into an argument (which is pointless for anyone).

• Haha
Reactions: Allure and kavorca1

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
That remark seems to be rather self-entitled. So what you mean, is that guys here need to actually SPEND time to give you solid answers, meaningful to you, to help you save YOUR time.
The way I see it, the community per se saves a lot of time collectively if I am just to remove your thread. That takes 3 seconds on a slow day. :legend:

So, please show more respect when you're here, or you can just peruse reddit, since you found it so useful. We are not reddit and we do not run things that way. Your thread will be closed if it escalates into an argument thread, or if you try again to tell us how things should be run around here. Nobody is stopping you from asking questions, but I will appreciate if you can show more courtesy to the members who are trying to help you out. Tobel has mentioned many valid points which I agree with. You do not even know the super-neophyte nature of your questions. He was pointing out how you would likely be UNABLE to receive help based on your post and how you can do it better.
If you seem already to know everything and think that your questions are valid and on point, lets see if you can get the answers you want, I will leave this thread open as long as it does not escalate into an argument (which is pointless for anyone).

Isnt the point of a thread to save time? Gather infos and attach them for everyone to find it immediatley?
Why else would I come into here, register and try to get infos.

That this is not reddit is obvious after the last posts, my bad for thinking there was something like this.

I honestly still dont get, how anyone on here is unable to answer a rather super-neophyte question like: who are top manufacturers for APs.
I mean any of you could and did name a few for Rolex within seconds....my job would be to read further.

I never asked for anyone to do my job of research, but you cant tell me there is not even a starting point....apparently there is none here, so thats something I learned and that shocked me.

If you feel more comfortable closing this thread, that is ok with me.

It would have been a nice thread with the latest and most important news for any new beginner, but that seems just to be my 2 cents.

Pardon me.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…

Why can’t somebody just do all the research for op!

LOL

I think in some cases- its the way the questions are asked, the statements made and the self righteous expectations and responses from those seeking "help"
Part of the fun of the rep game is doing the search and trawling through the pics and reviews and myriads of experiences. It leads to a more well rounded and educated perspective for what's available and the best "personal" choice.
Peace out.......

Reactions: kavorca1 and Tobel

Tobel

6/7/17
I honestly still dont get, how anyone on here is unable to answer a rather super-neophyte question like: who are top manufacturers for APs.
I mean any of you could and did name a few for Rolex within seconds....my job would be to read further.

ZF, APSF, JF, XF, OMF, R8, BP, all the factories have valid AP reps depending on what your criteria are. And like for Rolex I must be missing some. There you go.

Now how does that help you get started? You're going to search for every combination of reference model with each of these factories? Probably half of them haven't even been repped by any factory!

Why wouldnt you just listen to my advice, narrow down your list of preferred references to the ones that have already been repped, which TDs websites or Google with RWI added to the search query can help you achieve. Now that you have narrowed it down to the few that exist, you can come back here and look for specific threads and educate yourself on these specific models. You'll realize that most AP models that have been repped have been by one or maybe 2 factories, not more, so it's not like you're going to need to read 10 threads for each.

It's not that people don't want to help you it's that were trying to genuinely help you, which means not necessarily answering your exact questions but giving you the answers that you need.

Reactions: domiffm

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
You've got a lot of AP replica research ahead of you. Take your time as this requires a lot of reading, you should know this already from your rep Rolex experience. Most of your questions have been answered before. The sooner you do the research, the sooner you'll be more knowledgeable.

All the best.

Reactions: kavorca1

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
...my job would be to read further

From your last post, this is the TLDR take-away truth. The rest, you will figure out yourself eventually.
You need to be honest. Who will benefit most from your questions being answered? Is it me? Is it the respondent? Is it the science student sitting in the second row of her lecture theater pretending to listen but is actually wondering about which is the best AP rep maker? Or maybe, hey huge shocker, its YOU!

You come on here, seeking help and linking the reddit post, and stating that is how here should be like. I find that pretty presumptuous. I think something you said earlier, sums up what you should do.. something along the lines of "go fy and use the search bar". Well maybe just omit the "go fy" and try using the search bar. And not reference reddit every 2 sentences. If you like reddit, go to reddit. Its like going to the AP boutique and trying to tell them how Rolex treats you and maybe they should do the same. Maybe you will get the "go fy" comment for real then :hehehe:

Point is, earn your stripes. You are welcome to stay and learn, but forget about

- superduper perfect 1:1 AP clones
- superduper perfect 1:1 AP clones (repeated for emphasis)
- reddit links examplifying how this section should be run (that's pretty disrespectful).
- your own ego and entitlement. Just because you ask questions, someone needs to rush to serve you. The approach and quality of your questions are really subpar and unreasonable, and less than deserving of the replies received.

And remember

- that this is a private forum, meaning, telling us how things should be run is akin to walking into someone else's house, rearranging the furniture and acting shocked and outraged when you are stopped. You really have no idea about your behavior.
- If you need help, then ask reasonable questions. For example: "Am I being too self-entitled?" OK joking lol. List 2-3 models, do your research and THEN ask the remnant doubts. That way you will get more help
- that being new, asking for help and then picking fights with established members will not do yourself any favors. You can see the general sentiment of the members responding to your posts (I am leaving it open so you can see what members feel about your post in general)

If you are unwilling to assimilate and comply, there is always reddit. But if you really want to learn about what you do, then this is the place. Just be more respectful and please omit the reddit links. I don't give a rodent's ass how reddit is run. This is the AP section of RWI and the crowd is tough as nails (and I am (c)rusty as one at times) but this is where you really learn about what you want. So I leave it to you. Stay and learn, or leave. Whatever you do, don't pick fights with the community here. Just improve your own approach and things will work out for you. Nobody is interested to engage you on the merits and shortfalls and makers and history of 9 different models. Try 2-3 and use pictures. These are reps. Guys are not always going to be familiar with the nomenclatures used for gens.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Allure and kavorca1

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
ZF, APSF, JF, XF, OMF, R8, BP, all the factories have valid AP reps depending on what your criteria are. And like for Rolex I must be missing some. There you go.

Now how does that help you get started? You're going to search for every combination of reference model with each of these factories? Probably half of them haven't even been repped by any factory!

Why wouldnt you just listen to my advice, narrow down your list of preferred references to the ones that have already been repped, which TDs websites or Google with RWI added to the search query can help you achieve. Now that you have narrowed it down to the few that exist, you can come back here and look for specific threads and educate yourself on these specific models. You'll realize that most AP models that have been repped have been by one or maybe 2 factories, not more, so it's not like you're going to need to read 10 threads for each.

It's not that people don't want to help you it's that were trying to genuinely help you, which means not necessarily answering your exact questions but giving you the answers that you need.

Nah, you just thought I am one of the noob noobs :)

I have narrowed down my models and found the reped ones at some TDs - so everything that you expected from me was already done by me :)

Where we differ is the next step after this:
I wanted (and thank you for it now) a list or a thread or summary of the manufacturers (like in reddit) so that I know where to look for what.

The models that I am interested in are (almost) all reped - I checked that.

My biggest concern was more like: is the AP rep game good (like rolex) or not there yet.
Dragon answered with not there yet and I am happy with that.
Now is the question is that enough for me (or someone else) and If I (this person) is still interested.

And one sentence from you is very interesting to me: "back here and look for specific threads and educate yourself on these specific models. You'll realize that most AP models that have been repped have been by one or maybe 2 factories, not more"

So in the end, you could have named me these 2 :D (just kidding)

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland

thank you.
somehow rolex was easier for me....i had 8-12h of reading....

i know both brands well (gen) - rep game is super new to me.
never had a rep AP in my hands...thats why I am cautious.

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
From your last post, this is the TLDR take-away truth. The rest, you will figure out yourself eventually.
You need to be honest. Who will benefit most from your questions being answered? Is it me? Is it the respondent? Is it the science student sitting in the second row of her lecture theater pretending to listen but is actually wondering about which is the best AP rep maker? Or maybe, hey huge shocker, its YOU!

You come on here, seeking help and linking the reddit post, and stating that is how here should be like. I find that pretty presumptuous. I think something you said earlier, sums up what you should do.. something along the lines of "go fy and use the search bar". Well maybe just omit the "go fy" and try using the search bar. And not reference reddit every 2 sentences. If you like reddit, go to reddit. Its like going to the AP boutique and trying to tell them how Rolex treats you and maybe they should do the same. Maybe you will get the "go fy" comment for real then :hehehe:

Point is, earn your stripes. You are welcome to stay and learn, but forget about

- superduper perfect 1:1 AP clones
- superduper perfect 1:1 AP clones (repeated for emphasis)
- reddit links examplifying how this section should be run (that's pretty disrespectful).
- your own ego and entitlement. Just because you ask questions, someone needs to rush to serve you. The approach and quality of your questions are really subpar and unreasonable, and less than deserving of the replies received.

And remember

- that this is a private forum, meaning, telling us how things should be run is akin to walking into someone else's house, rearranging the furniture and acting shocked and outraged when you are stopped. You really have no idea about your behavior.
- If you need help, then ask reasonable questions. For example: "Am I being too self-entitled?" OK joking lol. List 2-3 models, do your research and THEN ask the remnant doubts. That way you will get more help
- that being new, asking for help and then picking fights with established members will not do yourself any favors. You can see the general sentiment of the members responding to your posts (I am leaving it open so you can see what members feel about your post in general)

If you are unwilling to assimilate and comply, there is always reddit. But if you really want to learn about what you do, then this is the place. Just be more respectful and please omit the reddit links. I don't give a rodent's ass how reddit is run. This is the AP section of RWI and the crowd is tough as nails (and I am (c)rusty as one at times) but this is where you really learn about what you want. So I leave it to you. Stay and learn, or leave. Whatever you do, don't pick fights with the community here. Just improve your own approach and things will work out for you. Nobody is interested to engage you on the merits and shortfalls and makers and history of 9 different models. Try 2-3 and use pictures. These are reps. Guys are not always going to be familiar with the nomenclatures used for gens.

I am staying as you see :)

And to answer your presumption:
No, it will not only benefit me - I am a person who writes guides for others....so everything that I would have learned, I would have written (edited) in my first post for anyone to read.
I am not the last one coming in here and trying to get informatuion or educate myself.

No matter how you like or dislike my approach, "we always did it this way" is not a reasonable or valid point for me.

Nokia did it too, where are they now? Blockbuster too...you get my point.
We teach our children since centuries the same things in school....which no ones needs (but lets not get into this, you said it yourself).

I am entitled to my opinion and how I want to approach things and also how I want to change the future.
So yes, maybe you always did it this way, doesnt mean its right.

I might do it differently and write it down for anyone coming after me....will he/she appreciate it or be more like "no, i d rather hear the fy" ?

I am more than sure that you have so much knowledge in here, like nowhere else maybe.
Unfortunately this is all scattered and as I understood correctly there is nowhere a small guide.

So my intention would be to make one :)