• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15202ST.OO.1240ST.01 wrist size ?

zeemenshater

Horology Curious
1/1/22
Петербург
Hi all.
​​What is / should be the length of the bracelet on the 15202ST ?

Got mine from ZF today, looks nice overall.
I am an average build 6'2. The bracelet feels missing one or two links. Tight.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
It might be too short... I think you can order another bracelet ????

zeemenshater

Horology Curious
1/1/22
Петербург
I don't know if I should make it a claim of a shorter than specs or a request to share a spare link.
Didn't have a chance to to try the gen 15202ST on.

​​​​

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
The TD must have links. They often go to the factories... Maybe you won't have to pay for the shipping...

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Welcome to the big wrist club. Where most watches either look like we stole it from a child or they wont fit. Most of the watches I ordered fit but at the last hole or at the end of an extention.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I don't know if I should make it a claim of a shorter than specs or a request to share a spare link.
Didn't have a chance to to try the gen 15202ST on.

​​​​

That’s a standard Asian size bracelet.

You have to order spare links. Li charges around 20US per link. I’ve got a couple which I ordered for a friend. PM me if you want them

Sent from the RWI App

zeemenshater

Horology Curious
1/1/22
Петербург
After a full day of wearing it, the bracelet .. stretched. Can't say how much, but it became tolerable.
Who would have thought asian size applies to mechanical things.
Next time, imakes sense to add a spare link to order.
​​​​

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
After a full day of wearing it, the bracelet .. stretched. Can't say how much, but it became tolerable.
Who would have thought asian size applies to mechanical things.
Next time, imakes sense to add a spare link to order.
​​​​

The bracelet isn’t really mechanical lol. Straps have been commonly known to come in different sizes for luxury watches. I wouldn’t define the bracelet or strap sizes by race personally. Nomenclatures like XL, L, S and XS would perhaps make more sense. There are Asians with large wrists and Caucasians with smaller ones. Defining a body part size or proportion by race is a little stereotypical. An absolute measurement of an individual’s wrist would be more meaningful to determine the appropriate bracelet or straps size.

Reactions: Allure

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The bracelet isn’t really mechanical lol. Straps have been commonly known to come in different sizes for luxury watches. I wouldn’t define the bracelet or strap sizes by race personally. Nomenclatures like XL, L, S and XS would perhaps make more sense. There are Asians with large wrists and Caucasians with smaller ones. Defining a body part size or proportion by race is a little stereotypical. An absolute measurement of an individual’s wrist would be more meaningful to determine the appropriate bracelet or straps size.

Yes, you’re right. Race is a silly metric for strap
size.

Having said that the term “Asian size” does seem to be a Rep industry standard term (ref. Factory promo description for CF Pepsi bracelet and Daytona Oysterflex sizing etc). Pretty sure intime uses the term a lot as well.

Anyways it’s not a term I’ll use again tho....Can see how it could be offensive on an international forum such as this. Thank for bringing it to my attention. Apologies if I caused anyone any offence.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes, you’re right. Race is a silly metric for strap
size.

Having said that the term “Asian size” does seem to be a Rep industry standard term (ref. Factory promo description for CF Pepsi bracelet and Daytona Oysterflex sizing etc). Pretty sure intime uses the term a lot as well.

Anyways it’s not a term I’ll use again tho....Can see how it could be offensive on an international forum such as this. Thank for bringing it to my attention. Apologies if I caused anyone any offence.

No harm done and you’re right it’s used rather colloquially (as opposed to offensively) in this hobby.

Reactions: Allure and mech500