• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Offshore Table Clock GWP

Davidaintgrizz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
I went over to a the house of a friend who owns a RG Chrono AP and found this curious table clock sitting on the coffee table.
I thought it looked like fun and he told me they had given it to him as a gift with purchase when he bought the watch from the AD. They told him they give this specific model to shoppers who spend more than 50k USD in one go.
I can't validate that, but what's quite fun is that you can find them on Chrono for $3000-$5500, so from a certain point of view it's like a 5-10% discount coupon.

I've since found that most TD's also offer reps of these, though I have no doubt this one is gen.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I went over to a the house of a friend who owns a RG Chrono AP and found this curious table clock sitting on the coffee table.
I thought it looked like fun and he told me they had given it to him as a gift with purchase when he bought the watch from the AD. They told him they give this specific model to shoppers who spend more than 50k USD in one go.
I can't validate that, but what's quite fun is that you can find them on Chrono for $3000-$5500, so from a certain point of view it's like a 5-10% discount coupon.

I've since found that most TD's also offer reps of these, though I have no doubt this one is gen.

Yep that is gen indeed. I have the same one and 2 other types, all given by the AD. The criteria for giving these (and other memorabilias) out varies from country to country, and even boutique to boutique. I don’t think there is a hard “min $50k spending” rule to qualify for these. For one of the clocks I own, I just asked for it despite spending less than $40k.

Cheeky thought: if one customizes a straps set for one of these and puts it around the wrist, can he be said to be wearing a gen AP timepiece? :legend:

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Yep that is gen indeed. I have the same one and 2 other types, all given by the AD. The criteria for giving these (and other memorabilias) out varies from country to country, and even boutique to boutique. I don’t think there is a hard “min $50k spending” rule to qualify for these. For one of the clocks I own, I just asked for it despite spending less than $40k.

Cheeky thought: if one customizes a straps set for one of these and puts it around the wrist, can he be said to be wearing a gen AP timepiece? :legend:

Looks like the model has frozen subdials and ZF pizza hands so maybe only few could pull it off haha.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What about wearing it with a necklace? Like a real thug :p

I think Flava Flav thought of it already :legend:
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and SHB