• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

On the hunt: AP 41mm+ Royal Oak Silver Paved with Rubber Strap

Andy23039

Horology Curious
6/7/14
Anyone see anything? I have hunted through many trusted dealers and can't find a Royal Oak that is paved with a rubber strap unless it is an offshore! Hep needed and appreciate it!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Generally speaking what members do is to buy the 15400 on bracelet then then either:

1. Get another 15400 bracelet and remove the plots for use with rubber straps
2. Get the rep 15400OR (rose gold model) plots and remove the RG plating
3. Use a rubber straps with integrated endlinks. I think Rubberb may have them.

The 15400ST always comes on bracelet for gen. The 15400OR has a choice of full bracelet or straps (leather/rubber) versions.

Reactions: Allure and mskwatch

btramos

APpreciative PAMpassionate IWCrazy
Supporter
Certified
6/6/20
US
You can find an inexpensive rubber strap with plots for the 15400 and 15500 on ebay and other sites. I got one and wore my 15500 like that for a bit but honestly I think you'll come around to preferring
just wearing it on the bracelet (like i did after some time). You might not think so right now, but give it time and you'll see that on the 41 RO the bracelet is the way.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilrob and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You can find an inexpensive rubber strap with plots for the 15400 and 15500 on ebay and other sites. I got one and wore my 15500 like that for a bit but honestly I think you'll come around to preferring
just wearing it on the bracelet (like i did after some time). You might not think so right now, but give it time and you'll see that on the 41 RO the bracelet is the way.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Well said. The Royal Oak bracelet is a work of art, and for me personally, the only way to wear a Royal Oak.
I do get it that guys have different reasons for wanting it on straps however. Wanting to preserve the pristineness of the bracelet is one reason and comfort of rubber fitment is another.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
and can't find a Royal Oak that is paved with a rubber strap unless it is an offshore!
Simple, they are not made. :lol:
There used to be a JF 15402OR that was also made in SS (like the 15452BC just in 41mm) but I don't think they're available anymore.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
I think the Royal Oak should be worn with a SS bracelet... Everything is possible but rubber straps suit better the Offshore.

Reactions: legend