• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP XF V1 15707CE Stuck Date Wheel

supervan

Horology Curious
11/10/18
Hi friends,

I have an old AP XF v1 15707CE.

Unfortunately, after years of use, the date wheel got stuck.

I am attempting to DIY it not only to fix it but to hopefully learn a new skill set.

However, I cannot remove the two screws holding down the Rotor. LOL.

I have a 8mm and 6mm screw driver, and I did rotate the screws anti clock way.

However, those two screws didn't come out.

I burned those two screws a little bit, and I decided to stop to ask for further advice.

I'm wondering if these to screws holding the Rotors are fake or real screws. If they were real, why didn't they come out? This is so odd.

For those you have fixed a stuck date wheel on a Rep AP before, can you please give some tips what you wish you had known before opening it up? Thanks!

Pictures are attached here.

Thank you again!

voDJP03.jpg

bKX5ulO.jpg

tmjjnCC.jpg

s2oVH0g.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The rotor attachment screws are now... screwed lol.
Those are actual screws. 8mm and 6mm screwdrivers seem to be awfully big for the task! Did you mean .8 and .6mm screwdrivers? They could be a tad small in that case. It is also not strictly necessary to remove the rotor if you are seeking to access the datewheel. Makes it more convenient but not strictly necessary.

Reactions: Allure and supervan

supervan

Horology Curious
11/10/18
The rotor attachment screws are now... screwed lol.
Those are actual screws. 8mm and 6mm screwdrivers seem to be awfully big for the task! Did you mean .8 and .6mm screwdrivers? They could be a tad small in that case. It is also not strictly necessary to remove the rotor if you are seeking to access the datewheel. Makes it more convenient but not strictly necessary.

Hi Legend. I see. Yes, Sorry for the confusion. My screwdrivers are 0.6mm and 0.8mm.

Wait, so I can leave the rotor on? Would you mind kindly let me know how?

Like which part of the watch I can remove to take out the movement?

Should I remove all the front screws to remove the sapphire crystal cap? or should I try to take out all the screws I see on the movement to hopefully wiggle the movement out?

Thank you.

You're truly the legend!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend. I see. Yes, Sorry for the confusion. My screwdrivers are 0.6mm and 0.8mm.

Wait, so I can leave the rotor on? Would you mind kindly let me know how?

Like which part of the watch I can remove to take out the movement?

Should I remove all the front screws to remove the sapphire crystal cap? or should I try to take out all the screws I see on the movement to hopefully wiggle the movement out?

Thank you.

You're truly the legend!

While it is convenient to get the rotor off before removing the movement, it is not mandatory to do so. To access the datewheel the proper thing to do is to remove the movement.

Reactions: Allure