• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Suggestions modding AP ZF 15703 Diver

alexutzuro

Renowned Member
Certified
22/9/15
Hello fellow enthusiasts!

Glad to say that i finally pulled the trigger on an AP Diver from ZF. I have another month or so until i actually receive it, but i want to be in the know before it gets here.

I do realise that the relevant information is there regarding my questions, but it is scattered and would highly appreciate if someone could shed the light on every aspect.

Would like to thank everyone in advance for taking the time to read.

1. Could you recommend some good modders insode EU that can also source parts?

2. I have read that the inner bezel is flimsy. I am not going to use it, but i would like to fix this if there is a way. So is therr any way to change the mechanism or upgrate it so it feels crisp and solid?

3. Is the watch ready for an ETA 2824 switch? Is there a way to update the movement that it comes with?

4. I have found a gen dial+bezel ring for sale and would love to add those but at a later time. Is it a direct switch and will i see a night and day difference enough for it to worth it?

5. Are there any mods that could be made so it comes a bit closer to the real thing?

Again, thans for reading and cheers!

Alex

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello fellow enthusiasts!

Glad to say that i finally pulled the trigger on an AP Diver from ZF. I have another month or so until i actually receive it, but i want to be in the know before it gets here.

I do realise that the relevant information is there regarding my questions, but it is scattered and would highly appreciate if someone could shed the light on every aspect.

Would like to thank everyone in advance for taking the time to read.

1. Could you recommend some good modders insode EU that can also source parts?

2. I have read that the inner bezel is flimsy. I am not going to use it, but i would like to fix this if there is a way. So is therr any way to change the mechanism or upgrate it so it feels crisp and solid?

3. Is the watch ready for an ETA 2824 switch? Is there a way to update the movement that it comes with?

4. I have found a gen dial+bezel ring for sale and would love to add those but at a later time. Is it a direct switch and will i see a night and day difference enough for it to worth it?

5. Are there any mods that could be made so it comes a bit closer to the real thing?

Again, thans for reading and cheers!

Alex

If you get the zf15703 you can dispense with gen parts. Just do a lowbeat conversion if you like and a waterproof and it’s as good as gen visually imho.

alexutzuro

Renowned Member
Certified
22/9/15
As always, you are a legend buddy (pun intended) :D

Thank you so much for the reply, so the bezel is best left alone as it is, correct?

About the low beat conversion and waterproofing, do you still work on modding ap's? And if so, would you have the time for this one? Also, where are you located? Fingers crossed for EU ????

Cheers brother and happy to finally be an AP owner, i'm sure this will be the first of many

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
As always, you are a legend buddy (pun intended) :D

Thank you so much for the reply, so the bezel is best left alone as it is, correct?

About the low beat conversion and waterproofing, do you still work on modding ap's? And if so, would you have the time for this one? Also, where are you located? Fingers crossed for EU ????

Cheers brother and happy to finally be an AP owner, i'm sure this will be the first of many

Yes leave the dive bezel alone for longetivity.

If you do dive, wear a proper dive watch like a Casio or Seiko Tidemaster. Cheap and reliable. If you want to time the cookies in the oven, use your iPhone. There is absolutely no reason to turn the bezel. It may work and work well but if it doesn’t, you will need to spend time and effort to fix it.

I’m in Singapore and if you want the mods done it is preferable that you find a modder in your region first.

Reactions: Allure

alexutzuro

Renowned Member
Certified
22/9/15
Yeah, you are absolutely right. I actually hsve a Deep Blue Master 2000 and a Quad Sensor Gulfmaster that i use for diving, it was just a matter of my ocd regarding the bezel :))) But you are correct, best left alone as i never use it on my gens anyway.

Just one more thing and i will be eternally grateful :)

Will an eta2824 be a direct swap? Yes or no, the low beat conversion has to be done. Can you please give me a little more details? I found a guide on the old rwg forum but the link will not open due to them changing the address.

I need to know what to tell my local watchmaker (great watchmaker, but not a modder).

Many thanks bud!

Alex

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yeah, you are absolutely right. I actually hsve a Deep Blue Master 2000 and a Quad Sensor Gulfmaster that i use for diving, it was just a matter of my ocd regarding the bezel :))) But you are correct, best left alone as i never use it on my gens anyway.

Just one more thing and i will be eternally grateful :)

Will an eta2824 be a direct swap? Yes or no, the low beat conversion has to be done. Can you please give me a little more details? I found a guide on the old rwg forum but the link will not open due to them changing the address.

I need to know what to tell my local watchmaker (great watchmaker, but not a modder).

Many thanks bud!

Alex

Alex

The ETA2824 will be a direct swap, but if you are doing the lowbeat conversion, then it makes sense to just use the A2824 movement in the watch, as most of the parts can be swapped out and replaced with the swiss donor movement parts anyway. Your watchmaker should know what to do. Tell him you want the lowbeat conversion, service and regulation done.

Reactions: Allure

alexutzuro

Renowned Member
Certified
22/9/15
Fantastic brother!

Will resurrect the post once i have it.

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to reply and answer all my questions.

Alex

alexutzuro

Renowned Member
Certified
22/9/15
Absolutely gorgeous! Did I make a mistake ordering the JF 15703 last week? :unsure:
Both seem to be close enough in terms of quality and details, but from my understanding the ZF has that edge over the JF. If it's a done deal, don't think about it and enjoy it, bud!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I would have chosen the ZF anytime over the JF. But it’s a matter of personal preference. Both are nice watches.

Oh great, you guys are telling me this NOW? ;)

jbtaQP.gif

Reactions: legend

alexutzuro

Renowned Member
Certified
22/9/15
Soooo i have just received this beauty!

Perfect service, as usual, from Puretime!

I'm honestly blown away by the quality of the watch. Truly am. Also, it has perfect QC.

I will send it directly to my watchsmith for the following operations:

1. BNIB Eta 2824 swap and low-beat conversion abd regulation

2. Bezel mechanism strenghtening and oiling

3. Instant date change

4. Waterproof

5. Crown tube check (it hands a bit when opening/closing the crown)

When he'll be done, i'll get back with pics during the operation and of course, this absolute beauty.

Cheers guys!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Soooo i have just received this beauty!

Perfect service, as usual, from Puretime!

I'm honestly blown away by the quality of the watch. Truly am. Also, it has perfect QC.

I will send it directly to my watchsmith for the following operations:

1. BNIB Eta 2824 swap and low-beat conversion abd regulation

2. Bezel mechanism strenghtening and oiling

3. Instant date change

4. Waterproof

5. Crown tube check (it hands a bit when opening/closing the crown)

When he'll be done, i'll get back with pics during the operation and of course, this absolute beauty.

Cheers guys!

I’m curious how you’re doing to do the instant date change mod on a 2824? You can tighten the date spring but the date mechanism and also datewheel teeth aren’t designed for instant date changes.