• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF VS GEN 15400 DIAL

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Soon new project and new thread is going to start
For now enjoying this beauty
Good morning to all

I may have missed the part where you mentioned it but in case I haven’t, what’s the matter with the red marks on the crystal mate?

Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I may have missed the part where you mentioned it but in case I haven’t, what’s the matter with the red marks on the crystal mate?

Checked and passed QC from AP
Its in the outside part, haven't remove it yet completely, i like it :) . I'll remove it in the next wash

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Soon new project and new thread is going to start
For now enjoying this beauty
Good morning to all

​​​​​​

This thread is fine as it is as it already has detailed the journey of your build. No need to start a new thread for this watch as it’s a basic franken with the usual gen parts. Very nice rep build done though, congrats and please continue posting pics on this thread. It’s already dedicated to your watch. Thanks!

Reactions: Allure

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
This thread is fine as it is as it already has detailed the journey of your build. No need to start a new thread for this watch as it’s a basic franken with the usual gen parts. Very nice rep build done though, congrats and please continue posting pics on this thread. It’s already dedicated to your watch. Thanks!
Nope

new watch new franken build

Soon more to come

Reactions: 2841

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Really? So you mean you sent this watch to AP and they think its a watch produced by them?
Let me know who did the QC, I think he needs some education. :legend:

I never said I sent the watch to AP. It's a GEN crystal so can only assume it's passed their rigorous QC. The watch was built by the master Interactiv.

Reactions: Anonray

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I never said I sent the watch to AP. It's a GEN crystal so can only assume it's passed their rigorous QC. The watch was built by the master Interactiv.

To qualify for any form of AP QC your watch needs to be gen and made by them. I assume yours isn’t.

Just FYI, someone here got banned before for writing that they sent their rep in to AP for polishing. It’s not something to be taken lightly.

I get it that it’s a nice franken but if you want to post in this section try to keep to reps and leave out ANY mention of AP service center/validation/papers/QC.

Feel free to share your projects no problems and remember a franken has no place in the gen AP world and don’t try in any way to express that it’s a gen or can be passed off as one in any way.

I’m going to forget it this time but be forewarned that if your future posts even slightly hints that any AP franken watch can be taken in by AP for any service or any form of work or service or validation, the post will be removed and reported for follow up. Just enjoy the watch as what it is: a novelty replica watch and I hope you can share your build journey with others, that should be good enough. But misrepresenting it as something that it’s not, and worse, suggesting that because you think it looks legit (I’m not saying it does but that you likely think it does), that it can be sent in to AP for any form of service or validation, that will not be tolerated. It can be perilous for the hobby to suggest that if people start getting ideas and doing the same.

QueTip

Reactions: Allure

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
To qualify for any form of AP QC your watch needs to be gen and made by them. I assume yours isn’t.

Just FYI, someone here got banned before for writing that they sent their rep in to AP for polishing. It’s not something to be taken lightly.

I get it that it’s a nice franken but if you want to post in this section try to keep to reps and leave out ANY mention of AP service center/validation/papers/QC.

Feel free to share your projects no problems and remember a franken has no place in the gen AP world and don’t try in any way to express that it’s a gen or can be passed off as one in any way.

I’m going to forget it this time but be forewarned that if your future posts even slightly hints that any AP franken watch can be taken in by AP for any service or any form of work or service or validation, the post will be removed and reported for follow up. Just enjoy the watch as what it is: a novelty replica watch and I hope you can share your build journey with others, that should be good enough. But misrepresenting it as something that it’s not, and worse, suggesting that because you think it looks legit (I’m not saying it does but that you likely think it does), that it can be sent in to AP for any form of service or validation, that will not be tolerated. It can be perilous for the hobby to suggest that if people start getting ideas and doing the same.

QueTip

Well I literally have no words

Quetip asked me what the red mark is on the crystal & I replied that is the qc pass(of the crystal!), At least that is what i have been told

If i have done something wrong ofcourse i will apologize

Raddave tripdog

​​​​​​

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Well I literally have no words
Quetip asked me what the red mark is on the crystal & I replied that is the qc pass(of the crystal!), At least that is what i have been told
If i have done something wrong ofcourse i will apologize
Raddave tripdog
​​​​​​
I think what legend meant was purely a more general way of targeting the topic rather than attacking you. The scams in the game have been getting more and more bringing continuously growing interest (well and ill intended) to this community so the reminder and importance of keeping watches, expectations and of course ‘gen spec’ness’ to a factual and correct level is crucial.
Let’s remember what this whole hobby is about. It’s watches, the appreciation in the craft and modding and OCD’ness instead of fooling others with ones reps, frankens, whatever. This has never been the intention nor tolerated here.
The consensus is that your gen crystal has passed QC by AP when it left the factory in Le Brassus but that QC pass is reserved for the crystal only, as we all understand. As long as any build isn’t 100% gen parts and gen workmanship, it will not be that and should not be passed off as gen, whether for show tell or other intentions, as there will always be flaws remaining.

Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I think what legend meant was purely a more general way of targeting the topic rather than attacking you. The scams in the game have been getting more and more bringing continuously growing interest (well and ill intended) to this community so the reminder and importance of keeping watches, expectations and of course ‘gen spec’ness’ to a factual and correct level is crucial.
Let’s remember what this whole hobby is about. It’s watches, the appreciation in the craft and modding and OCD’ness instead of fooling others with ones reps, frankens, whatever. This has never been the intention nor tolerated here.
The consensus is that your gen crystal has passed QC by AP when it left the factory in Le Brassus but that QC pass is reserved for the crystal only, as we all understand. As long as any build isn’t 100% gen parts and gen workmanship, it will not be that and should not be passed off as gen, whether for show tell or other intentions, as there will always be flaws remaining.

Thank you for replying.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I was just a little shocked at the tone, and also the forewarning, when I did none of the things he said, nor would I.

But it's now ''crystal'' clear :)​​​​​​

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you for replying.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I was just a little shocked at the tone, and also the forewarning, when I did none of the things he said, nor would I.

But it's now ''crystal'' clear :)​​​​​​

I have nothing against you personally J21.

If you were referring to just a part being QCed and approved by AP that was fine.
I am just rather used to AP franken owners acting like their watches are gens and seeking to physically validate their watches with the brand one way or another and trying to tell the community about it. For me that will be worse than someone just wearing their reps to the boutique. If you look at the watch and what you wrote, without clarification, it can also be interpreted to mean that the QC done is for the entire watch, as the mark is on the crystal, which is part of the watch.
We are all free to indulge in our fantasies and dreams the way we like to. But when a project is shared with a community, then I think one needs to understand that any subjective term used will be subject to debate by whomever reading it.

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
I have been thinking about this watch for a long time. Is anything known that v2 is coming?

WatchNoobs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/22
Hello! I need some help here. I am trying to remove the dial and the dw of my APSF. I understand that there are some screws that i need to remove. Any idea of where they are located? Thank you!

Reactions: LeBron