• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF VS GEN 15400 DIAL

jackman19

Horology Curious
7/5/22
Thanks for the pictures, I have a ZF 15400 v3 with clone movement. For the dial do I have to remove the feet? I think Someone said the ZF version is glued on.
I am debating if I should buy Gen dial but don't want to destroy it.

thanks

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Thanks for the pictures, I have a ZF 15400 v3 with clone movement. For the dial do I have to remove the feet? I think Someone said the ZF version is glued on.

thanks

No its plug and play on the clone movement

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Waterproof tested at 10bars by Interactiv

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20

thanks

It's the zf dial that is missing dial feet. The clone movement does still have the holes and screws to mount with dial feet.

Anyway, nice one j21 Enjoy that great piece!

Last edited:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Is this with your gen crystal? How is it looking?

Yes ofcourse

A little more clarity with the gen crystal is to be expected, i will have it at monday

centrum

27/7/14
I don't even like the 15400 and read through this extensive and informative thread. I prefer the 15202 to the 15400, but man your effort is an A+.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Reactions: wherewatch and j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I don't even like the 15400 and read through this extensive and informative thread. I prefer the 15202 to the 15400, but man your effort is an A+.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Thank you for your nice words my friend, appreciate it

Glad you enjoyed the infos and the process

:thumbsup:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

Well wear J :thumbsup:

A very exciting journey (involving time, patience, skill, dedication and I'm sure some serious €€) but when it results in such an epic conclusion, its 100% worth it, so congratulations on your beautiful new watch :drool:

And just in time to christen on a Saturday night

:drinks_cheers:

Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

Well wear J :thumbsup:

A very exciting journey (involving time, patience, skill, dedication and I'm sure some serious €€) but when it results in such an epic conclusion, its 100% worth it, so congratulations on your beautiful new watch :drool:

And just in time to christen on a Saturday night

Thank you very much my good friend

Your words are very much appreciated

Reactions: P..DR..D

jackman19

Horology Curious
7/5/22
Congrats J. I am still looking for a black DW to go along with my Gen dial

since I have the ZF version, the hands are already Gen like, other than the center do you think its worth the upgrade from ss to wg?

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Turned out very nice indeed. Looks gen for all intents and purposes...maybe even better than most used gens that I’ve seen ... which are typically “refinished” by the sellers in-house jeweller (non AP trained).

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Congrats J. I am still looking for a black DW to go along with my Gen dial

since I have the ZF version, the hands are already Gen like, other than the center do you think its worth the upgrade from ss to wg?

Thanks buddy
I know a shop that has right now the silver one but black sold out so unfortunately can't help you, keep searching something will pop up

Tbh gen hands are a very nice touch. They are better finished(as expected) and the wg shows a yellow hew under different lighting wich i like it very much.However the major difference between rep and gen hands are the center of the second hand

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Turned out very nice indeed. Looks gen for all intents and purposes...maybe even better than most used gens that I’ve seen ... which are typically “refinished” by the sellers in-house jeweller (non AP trained).

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thank you for your nice words my good friend :thumbsup:

jackman19

Horology Curious
7/5/22
Thanks buddy
I know a shop that has right now the silver one but black sold out so unfortunately can't help you, keep searching something will pop up

Tbh gen hands are a very nice touch. They are better finished(as expected) and the wg shows a yellow hew under different lighting wich i like it very much.However the major difference between rep and gen hands are the center of the second hand

No worries I keep eating for my DW to show up.
my current rep date is a little bit shifted to the right, do you know if this be fixed through servicing or a new DW is required?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
No worries I keep eating for my DW to show up.
my current rep date is a little bit shifted to the right, do you know if this be fixed through servicing or a new DW is required?

Zf dial ia not made for the clone movement,it is glued on, so maybe it has not putted right, i believe when you put your gen dial it will be fixed
if not maybe a new dw is required

Reactions: Singapore Collector