• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF VS GEN 15400 DIAL

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks for sharing mate.

What are your thoughts on the rep dial, in terms of its overall look, shine and quality? Would you say the rep is ugly?

The precise gen vs rep differences are just academic - and might not even be relevant(since gen is gen)...rep just needs to look pretty and premium.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Thanks for sharing mate.

What are your thoughts on the rep dial, in terms of its overall look, shine and quality? Would you say the rep is ugly?

The precise gen vs rep differences are just academic - and might not even be relevant(since gen is gen)...rep just needs to look pretty and premium.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

You welcome mate.

Oh far from ugly, actually It is very very good. In low light conditions you can not tell any differences, it looks exactly the same, only when light hits it the details start unfolding.

It's for sure looks pretty and premium.

Reactions: rockdaytona

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Will I be banned from the forum if I say that there are no really big tells in my opinion?

Lol, why?
Actually there are no big tells, you must know what to look for

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Lol, why?
Actually there are no big tells, you must know what to look for

Every time here (for example now in the clean 16500 panda) even if there are no big tells people are saying that the watch is totally different form gen and if you say something different you don’t know what you say since you don’t own the gen…

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Every time here (for example now in the clean 16500 panda) even if there are no big tells people are saying that the watch is totally different form gen and if you say something different you don’t know what you say since you don’t own the gen…

Oh i get you.

No mate i can assure you that they are pretty pretty close.

Let me get a little more on to this.
Rolex Panda dial and royal oak dial are different day and night. The rolex dial is a simple plain dial with nothing special details on it.
Royal oak dial has this tappiserie (there is a video on youtube with the process to see), this thing can not be "exactly" replicated. But again this fine details can be seen only when light hits the dial and i repeat you must know the gen dial.
CF panda dial and gen are the same, nothing special on the gen dial that can not be replicated it and CF knocked it out of the park.

Also you don't need a gen in hand to see the differences, you can see the differences better from photos than in your hand, and if someone said this because you dont have the gen dial in hand it is BS.

Video of manufacturing the dial at AP: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=292wB7HkNCM

Last edited:

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
side by side with the gen dial and lighting, it's night and day. just to see the rep on a wrist from distance would be impossible to tell.
enjoy her and do post finished pics after install.

Ok guys, here you are.
I tried my best to take photos for the comparison both outside and inside.
I will let you be the judge for the difference s .
*Gen dial is the one outside the watch

Reactions: j21

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Adding my silver comparison, apart from less sheen, the fine detail from APS, I think it very good

jp9yTK.jpg

Reactions: LeBron and j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
side by side with the gen dial and lighting, it's night and day. just to see the rep on a wrist from distance would be impossible to tell.
enjoy her and do post finished pics after install.

Exactly!
From distance or in low light conditions it is impossible to tell. When the light hits its when all the difference s shows up.
Thank you my friend, i want to get also the gen hands and then i will install them together. Finished pics ofcourse will be uploaded.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Adding my silver comparison, apart from less sheen, the fine detail from APS, I think it very good

jp9yTK.jpg

Silver dial is beautiful, this satin color is even more obvious.
It is very good indeed, but again like seen in your photo when light hits it becomes different dial

Reactions: rockdaytona

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
*small update
Gen hands are here:
​​​​​​
There some differences like the gen hands are white gold the rep are not, the gen hands have better finishing, however imo the most obvious difference is the centre cap of the second hand

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Looks impresive,

thank you for sharing

My pleasure, You welcome
When I'll find time ill post some pics with gen and rep hands side by side and a lume shot.

Planning to buy some more gen parts, so more comparisons will come

EpicRolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/12/20
This is a great comparison, thanks for posting it! It makes me want to get an APS 15400 now!

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
Great comparison!
Really impressed with the ASPF. The dial alooks better than ZF. True in brigh ligt or under the sun the gen shines differently, but atm the ASPF is the best available option.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Great comparison!
Really impressed with the ASPF. The dial alooks better than ZF. True in brigh ligt or under the sun the gen shines differently, but atm the ASPF is the best available option.

Thank you

and yes i also believe is better than zf thats why i choose apsf as base, aspf 15400 thickness is 9.7 (same as gen), zf 15400 thickness is 10.1(+0.4mm more)

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
*small update
Gen hands are here:
​​​​​​
There some differences like the gen hands are white gold the rep are not, the gen hands have better finishing, however imo the most obvious difference is the centre cap of the second hand

I have to ask, how painful (expensive) were the handset? and did they fit without any problem?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
As promised, here some pics gen hands next to apsf15400 with rep hands.

3 different light conditions
No major difference s in my eyes, only the centre cap of the second hands as said before and small difference at the lume