• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Significant AP collection. What is it worth?

Oakleyspatz

Horology Curious
26/10/18
Hi guys,
I have been a member of this forum for some time but mainly use it for watch reviews and opinions. I have built up a nice collection of 10 AP watches . 9 are JF, 1 is Noob and 2 have been lightly modded (gen-spec crystals, gen-spec cyclops, date wheel)
Many are also quite rare and long time discontinued.
my question is what could I realistically get for these a) if sold as a complete lot or b) if sold individually? As I have no idea what these go for today.
Below is a list of watches and individual details-
1) JF 48mm THE LEGACY: Rare, discontinued. Case, crystal in mint condition, full working order inc. Chrono. On hornback leather strap and additional used gen hornback strap. No textile strap included.

2) JF 44rmm JAMES LEBRON: Rare, discontinued. Mint, like new throughout. Grey leather strap unused.

3) JF 42mm GINZA 7: Rare, discontinued. Has gen-spec crystal fitted. Rubber and unused leather straps included. Movement was modified to fix rotor (apparently to avoid noise!) So it doesn't turn and chrono does not function. Can be reversed or have new movement fitted. Works by handwind only. Not done by me but by previous owner

4) Noob SURVIVOR: Mint condition throughout. Comes with red leather strap and unused rubber strap

5) JF 44mm Gold SCHUMACHER: Mint Condition throughout.

6) JF 44mm Platinum SCHUMACHER: Mint Condition throughout.

7) JF 42mm BUCHERER BLUE/GOLD: Mint, as new

8) JF 42mm DARK KNIGHT: Mint, as new

9) JF 44mm BLACK CERAMIC chrono (blue subdial hands): Mint, as new. Modified with gen-spec crystal, cyclops and date wheel.

10) JF 44mm ROO TITANIUM chrono (white subdials, red hands): Mint, as new.

That's all of them. Apart from the rare Ginza 7, all are fully functioning and mint. The Ginza 7 is in mint condition apart from movement issue as stated.

I was thinking £6k for the lot. Is that fair?

I cannot upload photos/videos, I assume because I haven't posted much in the past. Msg me and I can whatsapp photos, videos etc.

Reactions: H S

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Post pics using embedded links from a hosting website like imgbb.

The maximum price you could sell each piece for is what you paid (zero profit forum).

Weren’t these like 688usd each?

Rough ball park value:
688usd x 10 = 68800 = £5000

The later reps already had updated cyclops and DW from factory.

Become a supporter (if you’re not already one), get high value sales permission and list them.
Personally I think you’d get more if you sell them individually.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Rule is no profit sales, so in theory max would be price paid excluding shipping.

Mid Jan and people feeling poor all around. I doubt many will get full price even if sold individually.

​​​​​​good luck and make sure you create a sales thread for any enquiries you receive!

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
That's a lovely collection!

The piece on the winder and the piece on the far right in the front row are gorgeous!

Reactions: Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Horology Curious
26/10/18
The one on the winder is called the Bucherer and the front far right is the Lebron.

Reactions: H S

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Wow. Mate that’s an awesome collection. Thanks for the video.

Yeh, list them individually at full retail price (from way back when) - see how it goes. These larger APs don’t seem to be as popular these days but I know there are members looking for discontinued pieces. See how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
I love this model, I do not know this reference, what is its price and I can find it where? Thank you

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
As long as you start a sale thread to sell them when you decide to, it’s good.
That’s a very nice collection I will advise you to sell them individually instead of as a lot.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Its worth what someone is willing to pay for them. They are reps not genuine so the best your going to do is break even on them.

Depending on whether also those JFs are v2s with the updated DW and mag. If not they will be worth less as well.

Reactions: Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Horology Curious
26/10/18
The latest models where purchased new by a TD in the past month so I assume they are the latest versions. Obviously some are rare and have been out of production for several years so they wont be.

Biscuittin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/10/20
Singapore
Late for the party as im waiting for my rubber clad and chronopassion. But wow. What a showcase!