• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15202 zip by ZF

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Closed for holidays or closed permanently?

Another option are the hands from the JF 15202 variant, unless JF is closed as well. Since XF, ZF and JF all use the same Miyota 9015 movement, the hands should all fit on the ZF 15202. Its the larger hole of the ZF dial that may present a problem.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Closed for permanent holidays now, from what I hear. You know how such news are in the hobby, may not be accurate and may not be accurate anymore tomorrow.

Haha so true! What do you think about my idea to use XF or other factory hands to replace the ZF pizza disc as it is called.

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Another option are the hands from the JF 15202 variant, unless JF is closed as well. Since XF, ZF and JF all use the same Miyota 9015 movement, the hands should all fit on the ZF 15202. Its the larger hole of the ZF dial that may present a problem.

I looked at the JF hands and they also appear to have a larger pizza disc. I looked at the older version 15202 by KVF as well but neither the JF or the KVF have as good of a look as the XF hands.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I spoke to PureTime and they confirmed that XF parts are not available at the moment with no idea when they will reopen.

I believe Trusty had some XF stock but not sure if he has a 15202 and XF parts. I will email him.

Question still remains though will the XF hands work in the ZF?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I spoke to PureTime and they confirmed that XF parts are not available at the moment with no idea when they will reopen.

I believe Trusty had some XF stock but not sure if he has a 15202 and XF parts. I will email him.

Question still remains though will the XF hands work in the ZF?

Yes XF hands will work on the ZF but I’m curious about the rationale for doing that? The XF base is smaller yes but it’ll still require a trim nonetheless. A more sensible way may be to use the xf dial (with the smaller pinion hole) and a set of modded hands from xf or zf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and SHB

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
In pictures I viewed of the XF and ZF it appears the XF has smaller pizza disc, so I was not sure how much smaller of pizza disc on the hands can be used until the hole will be visible on the ZF dial.

Thank you for clearing that up I will think of which way to go.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
In pictures I viewed of the XF and ZF it appears the XF has smaller pizza disc, so I was not sure how much smaller of pizza disc on the hands can be used until the hole will be visible on the ZF dial.

Thank you for clearing that up I will think of which way to go.

Yes xf has the smaller hand base but it is still incorrect not just in size but shape and finish. So let’s say that the correct hand base size is x. Xf will be x+2 and ZF will be x+4 figuratively speaking. Even if x is achieved, the shape of the base and finish will still be off.

So it is up to the owner to accept what works for him. These are all reps anyway and it takes a guy with the right confidence and attitude to pull off a watch like this.

Wishing you all the best!

f1bond1011

Horology Curious
22/12/21
Hi. I just received my QC of this watch. Is it permissible to post the pictures or on here for feedback? Or is that against the rules?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hi. I just received my QC of this watch. Is it permissible to post the pictures or on here for feedback? Or is that against the rules?

If you have a specific valid concern regarding your watch then you can ask about it.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

You may ask if you have a specific issue and post the specific pics depicting the issue.
It is not OK to post your entire set of QC pics and ask "Is is ok?"

Reactions: Allure

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Sure, I understand. Thanks

As mentioned, if you have a specific question such as if the indices are straight at the 3 o'clock position for instance, etc. Those types of questions indicate a specific concern and are permissible. If you have accepted the QC from the TD then I believe you can post approved QC pictures, especially since you appear to be the first to have received them. I am still waiting for my QC pictures.

f1bond1011

Horology Curious
22/12/21
Hi. Is 253 on the timegrapher on the low side? Would it affect the functionality of the watch?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I have always been told that one should take the timegrapher pictures with a grain of salting as is said. If the watch is not fully wound up or the angle is wrong for the movement then it will not show accuracy.

Here is a handy chart I have used in the past:

1. Rate - How fast/slow the watch runs in seconds per day.

COSC certified, between -4 and +6 seconds per day
Excellent - +/- 7 s/d
Acceptable - +/- 20 s/d

2. Amplitude - the amount of rotation in the swing of the balance wheel

great : 270-310
acceptable : 250-270

3. Beat Error - how equal each swing of the balance wheel oscillation is.

Excellent : 0.0 - 0.5 milliseconds
Acceptable : 0.6 - 1 milliseconds

Reactions: Neon

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi. Is 253 on the timegrapher on the low side? Would it affect the functionality of the watch?

This is just my opinion and from experience:

For dealer timegraphers just take a peek to see that it’s running. The shipping process will almost always change the reading on anothrr timegrapher later. I’ve even seen a few watches which ran perfectly on the dealer timegrapher but turned up dead.

If you’re serious about your watch movement, get it serviced properly when it arrives. Else just wear your watch for fun and don’t worry too much. The amplitude of 253 for your watch isn’t a concern for this movement, don’t worry.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have always been told that one should take the timegrapher pictures with a grain of salting as is said. If the watch is not fully wound up or the angle is wrong for the movement then it will not show accuracy.

Here is a handy chart I have used in the past:

1. Rate - How fast/slow the watch runs in seconds per day.

COSC certified, between -4 and +6 seconds per day
Excellent - +/- 7 s/d
Acceptable - +/- 20 s/d

2. Amplitude - the amount of rotation in the swing of the balance wheel

great : 270-310
acceptable : 250-270

3. Beat Error - how equal each swing of the balance wheel oscillation is.

Excellent : 0.0 - 0.5 milliseconds
Acceptable : 0.6 - 1 milliseconds

Excellent post. You've come a long way in the last few years. Congratulations.

f1bond1011

Horology Curious
22/12/21
This is just my opinion and from experience:

For dealer timegraphers just take a peek to see that it’s running. The shipping process on another timegrapher later will almost always change the reading again. I’ve even seen a few watches which ran perfectly on the dealer timegrapher but turned up dead.

If you’re serious about your watch movement, get it serviced properly when it arrives. Else just wear your watch for fun and don’t worry too much. The amplitude of 253 for your watch isn’t a concern for this movement, don’t worry.

Thank you for your advice.

Sent from the RWI App

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Finally received QC pictures. It looks good overall, but I asked for another picture of the date window with a different date showing since the date number appears slightly low in the window. Probably will accept this but just wanted to show members the watch.