• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Openworked Reps

kryptics

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/21
I have been trying to get an openworked Royal Oak for the longest time, but every TD I talk to says they're unavailable. One of them is the skeleton Royal Oak with Tourbillon by R8F.

Does anyone know if such reps will ever be available again? Has something happened to the factories or production of these?

On a separate note, is there also a rep for the Double Balance wheel Openworked Royal Oak?

Booonin

2/9/18
Hey,

Well a lot depends if the factory will renew the stock of the product - which is unknown to be honest. And on a separate note - i think there were some double balance AP reps - but the quality was really bad and personally i would not recommend you to buy one.

Reactions: Kingwall

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
I don't think they were very popular, mainly because of the quality. Stick with a 15400/15500/15202 to be closer to gen a have a high quality

xakrofobiax

2/6/16
I have the RG skeleton AP and I love it. I opted not to get the stainless steel because there was no contrast, and the YG was too yellow. The RG had the most pop and contrast with all the different colors in the movement from gold, ruby, silver, to show the skeletonization. I bought mine back in April before the huge raid.

Reactions: seanizcool

kryptics

28/7/21
I have the RG skeleton AP and I love it. I opted not to get the stainless steel because there was no contrast, and the YG was too yellow. The RG had the most pop and contrast with all the different colors in the movement from gold, ruby, silver, to show the skeletonization. I bought mine back in April before the huge raid.

I'm jealous

xakrofobiax

2/6/16
the fact that this watch is a replica is beyond me. This watch IMO is like a beautiful work of art. It's unfortunate if they truly stopped production because of popularity. This rep is now a limited-edition piece and one that is financially unattainable in today's genuine watch market. I hope you can find one for yourself down the road....its a show stopper!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
the fact that this watch is a replica is beyond me. This watch IMO is like a beautiful work of art. It's unfortunate if they truly stopped production because of popularity. This rep is now a limited-edition piece and one that is financially unattainable in today's genuine watch market. I hope you can find one for yourself down the road....its a show stopper!

I’ve seen and handled (but never owned) both the gen and rep and I would have to say that inevitable differences of details aside, the rep is a beautiful watch with good wrist presence.
Worn for novelty purposes it’s an impressive looking timepiece on the wrist, replica or not.
The details on both gen and rep possess complexity and in real life both would look beautiful on the wrist, albeit being visually different from each other in details.
Congrats and wear it well.

Reactions: Allure

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
It's one of my favorite reps. Too bad if it will be no longer available. Is the factory still closed or did they just discontinue the production of this model?

kryptics

28/7/21
It's one of my favorite reps. Too bad if it will be no longer available. Is the factory still closed or did they just discontinue the production of this model?

The factories stopped making them, according to some TDs. Sad.

Sent from the RWI App

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21

Wow that looks awesome, pretty amazing what they can do with the movements

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
After quite 2 years of problems and moddings…here the final work

z92gQ5.jpg