• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP15202 XF Different watch delivered to QC

Sukkies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/18
Hi RWI,

As the title states, I received a different watch from the initial QC pictures, highlighted by the change in screw position on the bottom left part of the dial.

This is from a trusted dealer and someone I’ve used before. How is this possible ? & any advice on what to do?

thanks,
Sukkies

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Speak to your TD, just point out the position of the screw at 7 and see want they say.

Reactions: Sukkies

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
or while straightening the date they ve been compensating by twisting a screw :thumbsup:

More seriously, no big deal as long as the watch you got is better than the one on the QC ;-)

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Is the watch good? If so it’s easy to fix the top screw and back into position, but definitely speak with your td first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sukkies

24/9/18
Thanks everyone for the replies,

My TD Trusty replied with:It is 100% the same watch we sent.

We asked the watchsmith to tighten and check all the screws
and also movement before we pack and ship the package out

TheDonSL given this to be the case, would you have any advice how I can fix this 7 position screw or what tools I would need to do this?

doesn’t appear the TD will fix this unfortunately.

Thank you

Sukkies

24/9/18
My TD provided the following & said that the case back does not need to be removed. I can unscrew the bezel screw from the front?

RWI experts, would you say this is possible and something I should consider attempting on my own?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My TD provided the following & said that the case back does not need to be removed. I can unscrew the bezel screw from the front?

RWI experts, would you say this is possible and something I should consider attempting on my own?

Remember that for AP royal oak and offshores, the bezel screws are really decorative bolts made to look like screw heads on the bezel.
The caseback screws will need to be removed, for the bezel screw(bolt) to be adjusted and aligned. I really don’t see how it can be adjusted from the front unless there is another defect where the bezel bolt isn’t connected to the caseback one.

Yes it’s something you can attempt yourself. If your watch has the bolt collars after the caseback screws are removed, they can be carefully removed with a tweezer if you do not have the proper collar adjustment tool.

Reactions: Allure and Sukkies

Sukkies

24/9/18
legend you are a legend, this makes me feel a little bit better. well I have my Amazon watch tools arriving tomorrow, il give this a go and hope I don’t end up with a more disfunctional watch than I started with. Hopefully no issue here - il drop some updates once pulled apart

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend you are a legend, this makes me feel a little bit better. well I have my Amazon watch tools arriving tomorrow, il give this a go and hope I don’t end up with a more disfunctional watch than I started with. Hopefully no issue here - il drop some updates once pulled apart

You can take this as an opportunity to learn a new skill and gain new knowledge. Please be thankful that it’s a minor issue which you can fix easily as opposed to the movement being DOA or the hands arriving dislodged.

Misaligned bezel screws are something you can even have fun fixing yourself! Just remember that at no time during the process should you need to use brute force. If it feels like you’re the Incredible Hulk trying to turn planet earth on its axis, take a breather and get back to the task later. :legend:

Reactions: Allure