• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF New Release: 15400 with CAL.3120

Zeroed1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/21
Yeah, didnt help, I decided to let my watch guy take a look at it, took a few days due to the holidays, after servicing its working well.

Beautiful watch, though the bracelet feels sharp to the touch on the underside, although we cant feel it while wearing it.

Anyone can chip in if the gen bracelet the same?

Great to hear you got it working! Did your watch guy make any comments about the movement reliability?

Legend has said in multiple threads that gen bracelet can be sharp as well. Can be easily fixed with a Bergeon 2290 buffing stick (only work on the underside of course, dont ruin the polished bevels on the top side).

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
Great to hear you got it working! Did your watch guy make any comments about the movement reliability?

Legend has said in multiple threads that gen bracelet can be sharp as well. Can be easily fixed with a Bergeon 2290 buffing stick (only work on the underside of course, dont ruin the polished bevels on the top side).

Its a china movement, suppose with regular servicing it should last for a few years. For the price if it last 4 to 5 yrs ill be supremely happy with it.

As for buffing the bracelet, it feels sharp to the touch, but wearing it we wont feel it, so I'll likely leave it as it is.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Checked with TD. I requested regarding the one with the SA3120 movement, but they provided photos of the previous version with the Miyota 9015 movement which we already knew had the correct date wheel color. Having it clarified on the new version.

This is actually a useless reply from TD as he replied with an irrelevant product...

Reactions: Tiger4

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
This is actually a useless reply from TD as he replied with an irrelevant product...

Yes it is. Specifically asked about the new version with website link included. He mentioned he messaged ZF again and waiting for a response/confirmation.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Please report back as I have been looking for a ZF 15400 grey as well.

Thanks in advance!

Bad news. TD provided response. Received update that the grey dial still has the white datewheel.

It amazes me how ZF had it right on their previous version, but manage to screw it up on this one. Cmon ZF!

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Bad news. TD provided response. Received update that the grey dial still has the white datewheel.

It amazes me how ZF had it right on their previous version, but manage to screw it up on this one. Cmon ZF!

Bad news. Will wait for the factories to update

JohnnyTabasco

Horology Curious
26/4/22
Hey guys, I know patients is the key, but I got my tracking # 11 Days ago and can't tack it yet. Is it because it is first trackable when the package hit the EU (in this case Netherlands first)? Maybe you've some experiences. Thx

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Hey guys, I know patients is the key, but I got my tracking # 11 Days ago and can't tack it yet. Is it because it is first trackable when the package hit the EU (in this case Netherlands first)? Maybe you've some experiences. Thx
Yes

Reactions: JohnnyTabasco

JohnnyTabasco

Horology Curious
26/4/22
Maybe trie a different tracking searchengine? I use this, its good

https://parcelsapp.com/en

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Ah, as I thought, it was traceable when it hits Germany. Since yesterday morning its at this status:
DE, Frankfurt am Main, DE, Frankfurt am Main, PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN I think it'll arrive soon - and I am happy to see how it looks :)

jackman19

Horology Curious
7/5/22
Hello,
can i replace the dial with Gen dial without cutting the feet? I think I seen some people say that the dial is glued on and the feet need to be cut, not sure if its thus or 9015 version

w.genzo

Horology Curious
31/8/07
Yes, no need to cut the dial feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Gentlemen, looking to get the ZF Grey dial but they haven’t fixed the white datewheel color issue yet.

Seeing if I should settle for the APS since their DW color is correct, or continue to wait for the ZF.

Know that ZF has a nicer dial and finish. Is the APS really that big of a difference in terms of quality compared to ZF or are they pretty close with the dial, finish, bracelet? Just curious with the tolerance between the two.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Gentlemen, looking to get the ZF Grey dial but they haven’t fixed the white datewheel color issue yet.

Seeing if I should settle for the APS since their DW color is correct, or continue to wait for the ZF.

Know that ZF has a nicer dial and finish. Is the APS really that big of a difference in terms of quality compared to ZF or are they pretty close with the dial, finish, bracelet? Just curious with the tolerance between the two.

Any input is appreciated.

I have both. I'd say that aps has better case dimensions and is sturdier built. My apsf clone is smoother wind, more precise setting and more confident feeling overall. I've read someone that had opposite when it comes to movement.
I'd recommend aps with gen or zf dial.

Reactions: j21

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
I have both. I'd say that aps has better case dimensions and is sturdier built. My apsf clone is smoother wind, more precise setting and more confident feeling overall. I've read someone that had opposite when it comes to movement.
I'd recommend aps with gen or zf dial.

Thanks for the info, this helps. Might go ahead and pull the trigger on the APSF.

jackman19

Horology Curious
7/5/22
Thanks for the info, this helps. Might go ahead and pull the trigger on the APSF.

In addition to the dial, there is a noticeable different for the hand as well and the clasps. ZF beat APS in all factors except the thickness part.

Reactions: Tiger4