• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF New Release: 15400 with CAL.3120

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
I think that could be a prototype. ZF would be experienced enough not to make this egregious mistake for their production models.

I hope so. Looking to get the grey one also but held off due to the white date background. Thought it was strange that they had the backing correct on their previous version then they changed to white on the new one.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Here are my approved QC with the new release of the ZF 15400 white dial for your reference

jcHtCv.jpg
jcHBS1.jpg
jcHrmK.jpg
jcHlej.jpg
jcHCEI.jpg
jcHpr4.jpg
jcHT3c.jpg
jcHd4i.jpg
jcHXyX.jpg
jcHkcb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LeBron

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Is it the lighting? Seems there is kinda lume mismatching between the hands and the hour markers

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
I’m pretty sure it’s the lighting. On previous QC even noticed that the metal part on the hands looks almost black in photos when it’s actually chrome in person.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Please let me know when the grey date wheel color is confirmed. Thanks in advance!!!!

I’m pretty sure it’s confirmed. I ordered and received a grey clone 3120 datewheel for another project. The color is a tad dark though but passable given the small window aperture.

Reactions: Allure

Zeroed1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/21
The earlier grey ZF 15400 with clone movements did have a white datewheel. Perhaps because the movement factory had not made the grey date wheel yet. Here was mine before installing a gen white dial, I bought it knowing the dw was white for the project because I wanted to enjoy both colours for a while lol.

Any orders now will be with the correct date wheel though I'd imagine.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I’m pretty sure it’s confirmed. I ordered and received a grey clone 3120 datewheel for another project. The color is a tad dark though but passable given the small window aperture.

Thanks for the info. But the one discussed here is the ZF grey dial since its grey color is somewhat more genlike than APS. I take it that you ordered the grey date wheel from APS not zf?
I will definitely get one from ZF if they update the date wheel color to grey.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Is it the lighting? Seems there is kinda lume mismatching between the hands and the hour markers

Look on my close up pics a few pages back. The lume of the hands is more grainy and more grayish while indices are more smooth and pale or off white. So they do differ. But it's not very noticeable since the lume plot on the hands is very small.

Last edited:

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21

So its confirmed on the grey dial with this ZF 3120?
If so, would love to purchase one.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So its confirmed on the grey dial with this ZF 3120?
If so, would love to purchase one.

It is best to check with your dealer prior to ordering the watch. My experience cannot be a predictor for yours. Thank you.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
It is best to check with your dealer prior to ordering the watch. My experience cannot be a predictor for yours. Thank you.

Ok I’ll check with them. Just thought you already knew since you have experience with AP’s. Appreciate it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ok I’ll check with them. Just thought you already knew since you have experience with AP’s. Appreciate it.

When you order the watch, the dw color can always be confirmed from the QC pics. This is the only sure way to know what you're getting.
My experience is in the past, and like I said, it cannot be used to predict yours. The dealer can still screw up in new and novel ways.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17

Please report back as I have been looking for a ZF 15400 grey as well.

Thanks in advance!

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Please report back as I have been looking for a ZF 15400 grey as well.

Thanks in advance!

Checked with TD. I requested regarding the one with the SA3120 movement, but they provided photos of the previous version with the Miyota 9015 movement which we already knew had the correct date wheel color. Having it clarified on the new version.

pamegalex

Renowned Member
20/8/14
Checked with TD. I requested regarding the one with the SA3120 movement, but they provided photos of the previous version with the Miyota 9015 movement which we already knew had the correct date wheel color. Having it clarified on the new version.

Waiting for an update on this too as I’m holding off an order for a grey dial due to this. Otherwise will just consider pulling the trigger on a black dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
Have you tried winding the watch? I read that these movements can be finnicky and even the gen sometimes require a wind before auto winding kicks in. As in, it doesnt wind properly from empty.

Yeah, didnt help, I decided to let my watch guy take a look at it, took a few days due to the holidays, after servicing its working well.

Beautiful watch, though the bracelet feels sharp to the touch on the underside, although we cant feel it while wearing it.

Anyone can chip in if the gen bracelet the same?