• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF New Release: 15400 with CAL.3120

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Mine is the same 10.0mm. I thought it might need to have the screws tightened to squish the bezel gasket a bit. The screws did turn a little bit, but didn’t change the thickness in a measurable way. Maybe we just got thicc cases.

Yeah I tried doing that my self, thinking the same exact thought. I don't really mind the 0,2 mm but it feels heftier than it should.

could you try tightening the screws and check it’s thickness again? Thanks in advance!

We both did. Didn't help.

It says in a dealer website for ZF 15400
41mm x 10mm (thickness very close to genuine 9.8mm)

Some dealers such as chazingtime and puretime saya 9,8mm. Theres also promotional videos showing case height lower than 10mm.

Last edited:

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Gentlemen

Need your help. Received QC for my 15400. The amplitude on the timegrapher was high at 342 degrees so it was rejected.

The following day they re-tested and sent results of the exact same watch from the previous day, now it has a low amplitude of 237 degrees.

Even if they didn’t fully wind it the second time, it’s such a big discrepancy between the two tests and something doesn’t seem right.

What do you recommend?

Reactions: Chungy85

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Gentlemen

What do you recommend?

That you take the dealer timegrapher with a pinch of salt. I have never seen a watch measured on the timegrapher after it arrived and giving the same reading as the one on the dealer timegrapher. The timegrapher used and the physical shipping process will account for the difference. If you’re serious about the movement health then get it serviced after you receive it.

Amplitude alone is hardly an indication that the watch is running well (or not). It will not mean that the watch won’t arrive DOA, that it’s not dirty and dry, and it will run well in the long run.

Remember this is a rep. You can either enjoy it out of the box or get it serviced. It’s your call absolutely. I can guarantee you that if you put it on the timegrapher after it arrives, it will again show different readings on a different timegrapher and after being jounced around on its journey from China.

The dealer timegrapher is just meant to show that the watch is running and even so I’ve seen watches with beautiful timegrapher figures arrive dead and not working.

So yes take it with a pinch of salt and don’t be pedantic about the figures.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
That you take the dealer timegrapher with a pinch of salt. I have never seen a watch measured on the timegrapher after it arrived and giving the same reading as the one on the dealer timegrapher. The timegrapher used and the physical shipping process will account for the difference. If you’re serious about the movement health then get it serviced after you receive it.

Amplitude alone is hardly an indication that the watch is running well (or not). It will not mean that the watch won’t arrive DOA, that it’s not dirty and dry, and it will run well in the long run.

Remember this is a rep. You can either enjoy it out of the box or get it serviced. It’s your call absolutely. I can guarantee you that if you put it on the timegrapher after it arrives, it will again show different readings on a different timegrapher and after being jounced around on its journey from China.

The dealer timegrapher is just meant to show that the watch is running and even so I’ve seen watches with beautiful timegrapher figures arrive dead and not working.

So yes take it with a pinch of salt and don’t be pedantic about the figures.

Really appreciate all the info, this helps. It clarifies the concern I had regarding the reliability of the movement in the long term of the knocking/banking from the original test with high amplitude. I'll go ahead and give it a green light. Thanks

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Really appreciate all the info, this helps. It clarifies the concern I had regarding the reliability of the movement in the long term of the knocking/banking from the original test with high amplitude. I'll go ahead and give it a green light. Thanks

You can go with the lower amplitude one yes. All the best!

Reactions: Allure and Tiger4

JohnnyTabasco

Horology Curious
26/4/22
Hello together, I am new to this Forum but just wanted to let you know, that I ordered a new ZF 15400 from Jtime. If you're interested, I'll upload pictures and Informations, once the Rep arrived :thumbsup: Even if its not clear what's better on the new batch, I hope to get one too.

Reactions: Radolux

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Hello together, I am new to this Forum but just wanted to let you know, that I ordered a new ZF 15400 from Jtime. If you're interested, I'll upload pictures and Informations, once the Rep arrived :thumbsup: Even if its not clear what's better on the new batch, I hope to get one too.

please do so . thx

Reactions: JohnnyTabasco

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I got some extra QC by mistake the other day. Should have had QC for another watch but got this... can't see any difference in this newer.
I think it's just a matter of some dealers refer to the 3120 as "new"?

JohnnyTabasco

Horology Curious
26/4/22
Hey guys, my QC just arrived - after 2 days, that was really fast. But is it allowed to share my Timegrapher-Results here, before I give it my "go"? Because I think the results are not that good.

w.genzo

Horology Curious
31/8/07
I believe “New” refers some upgrade to the clasp’s engravings that should be now closer to gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

w.genzo

Horology Curious
31/8/07
I believe “New” refers some upgrade to the clasp’s engravings that should be now closer to gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
Got my ZF15400 within 3 days after TD informed me it was shipped, no complaints about the shipping time...

However, elation soon turned into disappointment... watch was DOA... after a good minute of shaking.. saw the second hand moved like maybe 5 second (didnt see the actual move as the movement was during the shaking)

Didnt see the balance wheel moved at all... sigh..

Edit : Still cant get over the 3 days shipping time... if this get resolves probably gonna buy from this TD again, the turnaround time is like ordering fastfood heh

Last edited:

Zeroed1

5/5/21
Have you tried winding the watch? I read that these movements can be finnicky and even the gen sometimes require a wind before auto winding kicks in. As in, it doesnt wind properly from empty.

Reactions: AnExpensiveBracelet

AnExpensiveBracelet

17/4/22
Is the screw position not looking right, the gen 15400 suppose to have screws at the blue mark? Probably no one will ever see this on your wrist..:p

jVSaRk.jpg

Last edited: