• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF New Release: 15400 with CAL.3120

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Is that ZF?
I bought in M2M supposed to be an APSF and the box is the same

It came with a ZF tag on the bracelet and a ZF sticker on the watch. And that’s what I ordered from my TD. Also the A of AP on the dial is in the ZF style (horizontal serif) whereas the APFS has an upturned serif on the foot of the A. So I’m pretty sure I got the ZF version.

Reactions: asanibal

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
Just to share my ZF accepted QC photo from JTime, gotta say I cant wait to have it on my wrist!
jJqeOt.jpg
jJqLjF.jpg
jJq2v5.jpg
jJqh6p.jpg
jJq5k2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LeBron and Djsani26

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Am I correct that the gen RO bracelets are never flexible, that's why those with smaller wrists always have problem to fit a RO nicely on the wrist

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I have a small wrist (below 7”) and the bracelet wraps the wrist well.

Nice to know, now I can consider seriously to get one. The AP RO bracelet stiff issue has always been stopping me to get one in the past

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Nice to know, now I can consider seriously to get one. The AP RO bracelet stiff issue has always been stopping me to get one in the past

Gen AP bracelets can have sharp or rough edges, but they always wrapped around my wrist well. I hope you can take this anecdotally instead of it being an absolute fact for ALL AP bracelets.
I have worn just under 20 different APs on bracelets and none of them created unsightly gaps between wrist and watch or awkward fitments. In total I have handled less than 50 gen AP bracelets and cannot speak for the rest of the bracelets which I have never worn or handled.
But from experience, gen AP bracelets are supple and designed well enough to be comfortable against most wrists.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Gen AP bracelets can have sharp or rough edges, but they always wrapped around my wrist well. I hope you can take this anecdotally instead of it being an absolute fact for ALL AP bracelets.
I have worn just under 20 different APs on bracelets and none of them created unsightly gaps between wrist and watch or awkward fitments. In total I have handled less than 50 gen AP bracelets and cannot speak for the rest of the bracelets which I have never worn or handled.
But from experience, gen AP bracelets are supple and designed well enough to be comfortable against most wrists.

Thanks. Do you also mean the rep AP bracelet say ZF also wraps around a smaller wrist well too?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
One thing I don't quite get why is the 15202 is always the more sought after piece than the 15400?
It's becoz of the thickness, history or just a mental preference

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
One thing I don't quite get why is the 15202 is always the more sought after piece than the 15400?
It's becoz of the thickness, history or just a mental preference

15202 is lighter and better designed so that you feel better when wearing it. The bracelet thickness is about 1/4 of that of 15400.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i had the zf with the miyota and the hands weren't different in lume from the markers. It seems quite obvious in these tho...mmm

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
15202 is lighter and better designed so that you feel better when wearing it. The bracelet thickness is about 1/4 of that of 15400.

Better design? In what aspects? Maybe I am ignorant about AP, I can see all the RO's have similar case shapes and designs, ofc the movements are different

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
It looks like ZF has updated the rotor color?
Can somebody confirm this.

Sent from the RWI App

Here's a pic of the rotor colour on my ZF 15400 v2 (which I received yesterday). To the naked eye, the colour of the rotor looks very similar to the brass colour of the balance wheel and other wheels. I'm not sure if this constitutes an "update", but here's a data point anyway.

Reactions: LeBron and gilrob

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Here's a pic of the rotor colour on my ZF 15400 v2 (which I received yesterday). To the naked eye, the colour of the rotor looks very similar to the brass colour of the balance wheel and other wheels. I'm not sure if this constitutes an "update", but here's a data point anyway.

That rotor color is good VS the yellow gold used in the gen. The gen rotors come in subtly different shades anyway given the fact that gold patinas just like bronze and copper.

reklamezonen

30/7/13
This rotor color look almost spot-on.

Thanks for picture. Nice shot by the way.

Last edited:

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
The height on my zf a15400 is 10mm caseback to bezel. Not sure if ZF produces model with different kind of cases, because there are some videos showing lower height of the same watch.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
The height on my zf a15400 is 10mm caseback to bezel. Not sure if ZF produces model with different kind of cases, because there are some videos showing lower height of the same watch.

Mine is the same 10.0mm. I thought it might need to have the screws tightened to squish the bezel gasket a bit. The screws did turn a little bit, but didn’t change the thickness in a measurable way. Maybe we just got thicc cases.

Reactions: Wacht

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Mine is the same 10.0mm. I thought it might need to have the screws tightened to squish the bezel gasket a bit. The screws did turn a little bit, but didn’t change the thickness in a measurable way. Maybe we just got thicc cases.

could you try tightening the screws and check it’s thickness again? Thanks in advance!

chewy824

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/14
It says in a dealer website for ZF 15400
41mm x 10mm (thickness very close to genuine 9.8mm)

Size