• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Complete AP Franken Makeover by Legend ????

Darkimplicates

Renowned Member
25/9/16
Hi everyone. Today I want to share a happy moment with everyone and take this opportunity to thank legend for his amazing work and how grateful I am to have someone like him in Singapore for all our Asian hobbyist out there.

Around 4 years back, I purchased a Franken Volcano from a member here. It became my ultimate daily beater to a point where it literally looks like a beater lol.

However there was a few flaws.

1 - The DW was I believe an old mikey version which I feel the font was less accurate. Many of the dates were badly misaligned.

2 - There was an issue with the date set leaver making it a tedious task to change dates.

3 - There was an ugly gap between the tachy and bezel, one of the most common tell tale of a franken which legend manage to fix for me.

4 - Lastly, the watch was really beat up with many scratches.

Surprisingly, the LWO283 movement was still running like a beast even after years of not having it serviced.

As I live in Asia and I do not want to risk loosing my watch by sending it to Germany (Customs are very strict now days) , I contacted our man legend.

Here’s some BEFORE pics of my volcano

24a73524488bdf428fe6f9adf8c09f9f.jpg

9e88c79d4532ba819f0127c2450c45a4.jpg

40adbf1b65c2ff787326aad2426a3144.png

I requested for Legend to perform the following
- Full Movement Overhaul and Service
- Waterproofing + pressure test
- Rebrush / Polish
- Fix date setting leaver and replace with a swiss

Legend then suggested that he could mod and remove the tachy gap, giving it a gen like look as well as realigning it. He also provided me with his latest DW and help to re-align it plus polishing of bezel screws.

So I waited patiently for a month and here are the end result.

8cddbb930f5e8102449b27d3653b4a33.jpg

7c473273d8a54890d27232a7d6c45566.jpg

ae62995b629ea5772344bf47cc6946d6.jpg

878d71a305cb4c91089c2ab534b3439c.jpg

9106592be0296800d1c80afd7b677ad4.jpg

I can say that I am truly satisfied by his work and service. It is also an honour to have the man himself work on my most loved watch.

Although there was some hiccups after he have done the work (crown tube being dislodged lol) which is a small and common issue that he quickly fixed it, I am truly happy.

The date font looks amazing. The brush/polish makes it look absolutely stunning compared to before. The movement feels solid now and with the tachy gap fixed, now it looks more gen-like on the wrist.

This watch is very sentimental to me and this one time make over / service would last me for years to come of daily wear.

Thanks once again my friend legend. You are indeed a great contribution to this community.

If anyone here from Asia wishes to get your watch modded / Frankened without risking it, this is your man right here ????????????

For anyone who wants to engage him, just my 2 cents. Don’t rush, chase or pressure him (or any other Modders) otherwise you will unleash the dragon. Just be patient, leave everything to him, have trust and you will get the most impressive work done ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Great job by Legend to get that stunning volcano healthy again.
Wear it in good health (but I understand you do for quite a while).

Asia based he is, but worth the trip from anywhere out the world also. My two actual APs are in Europe, and they much enjoyed their asian vacation at legend ;)

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
A very nice gift to your wrist buddy that has served you for years, and take cared by the best.
Wish you to enjoy it for many years to come.

Reactions: Darkimplicates

Hman12

Known Member
11/4/21
We are very lucky to have the likes of him and nikz and a few other modders.

This type of craftsmanship you can't find unless you buy gen and go to a dealer to repair.

If I had gen I would send it to him!

Reactions: Darkimplicates

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Did you use any filters for those pics? The brushing looks harsh to me, but then again if anyone here has an idea of how ROOs are to be brushed it’s probably legend. :p