• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 with 3120 clone movement incoming

asuwere

2/6/19
Given ZF crappy QC I'm not sure this is really a better option than the APS...

There's a good chance the bezel issues will be fixed in this release. Their initial 15400s had less than perfect bezel holes but I have a V2 that has perfect holes. So they patched that issue up over time. The current issue with the 15500 is probably just one bad batch of mass produced bezels. Once that stock clears the can try to sort it out in their next order.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Now that ZF has access to the clone 3120 movement is a significant game-changer. They'll most probably use the movement in their Diver model(s) next. I do hope they develop a smaller watch than the 41mm 15400, such as the 39mm 15300 or a 37mm 15450. Maybe early next year.

Reactions: legend

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
problem is most dealers have not seen the real thing. I want to see the zf movement finishing as soon as possible. this is now nothing but a factory propaganda scheme.

sscarm

Certified
27/10/21
Pictures from a Weidian seller:
hxhk2e5ng6481.jpg
22p73d5ng6481.jpg

bvnlzb5ng6481.jpg

utsj3c5ng6481.jpg

rqmgkb5ng6481.jpg

dbkrst5ng6481.jpg

Reactions: LeBron

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
is the position of dw in the clone movement slightly different from miyota ? not a dw is centered !

Reactions: j21 and gilrob

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
I'm waiting for a replacement bezel screw that fell out of my APS Blue... wore it once. Two watches from PT both with major issues in one order. Never had a double-whammy happen before in 10 years of rep-buying. Not sure it its QC related or just generally poor build quality.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm waiting for a replacement bezel screw that fell out of my APS Blue... wore it once. Two watches from PT both with major issues in one order. Never had a double-whammy happen before in 10 years of rep-buying. Not sure it its QC related or just generally poor build quality.

It’s shoddy workmanship/assembly.

The rep factories now work very limited hours per week and when they do you imagine the rush they must be under to churn out the daily quota. I won’t be surprised at the lessened meticulousness to be honest. One of the first things anyone should do when receiving their AP reps is to check for missing screws (they can sometimes be in the packaging) and tighten the screws nice and firm.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

It’s shoddy workmanship/assembly.

The rep factories now work very limited hours per week and when they do you imagine the rush they must be under to churn out the daily quota. I won’t be surprised at the lessened meticulousness to be honest. One of the first things anyone should do when receiving their AP reps is to check for missing screws (they can sometimes be in the packaging) and tighten the screws nice and firm.

Reactions: Allure

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
The new 3120 clone 15400 ZF vs. APS:

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgyN...zp.8253869.0.0

What he said in the video:
1) ZF front screws are sunken out of the box, APS's not
2) The case finishing are about the same
3) ZF movement have better and deeper engraving (same factory but different batch)
4) ZF center pin hole is smaller and more gen-like
5) Sunburst effect on APS is almost none, but obvious on ZF's
6) Both are still slow change DW

Last edited:
Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I think i will go for the APSF...
I dont care for dial and hands because i am planning yo put gen ones...
The bezel screws i am going to white plated them,so the sunken issue will be fixed easily that time.
The thickness is gen like at apsf , at zf is 0.5 thicker from the video(very important for me, because of the franken project)
End the dw is centered at ASPF , at zf is missaglined

Last edited:

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
zf absolutely screwed up this time. thickness is wrong and the movement is identical to that in aps. no more finishing done no more polishing either. disappointing.

The only advantage of zf is the dial and handset.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
The new 3120 clone 15400 ZF vs. APS:

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgyN...zp.8253869.0.0

What he said in the video:
1) ZF front screws are sunken out of the box, APS's not
2) The case finishing are about the same
3) ZF movement have better and deeper engraving (same factory but different batch)
4) ZF center pin hole is smaller and more gen-like
5) Sunburst effect on APS is almost none, but obvious on ZF's
6) Both are still slow change DW

he did not say that the engravings on the movement are deeper. What he said was the engraving on the case back are deeper. The movements are the same.

Djsani26

Certified
10/7/09
Austria
Hi Guys. Then in the end ASP is better then ZF? What do U think? I want to buy one of Them :)