• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Luv for watches

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I wanted the share a post about happiness,
finance and the love for watches.

People who, like me, see watches as objects of desire, simply just can't have enough.
I find myself admiring the watch I wear several times a day, hypnotized by the way light reflects in every small detail and changing it more than once a day just for the joy of it.

Watches give me happiness just for the beauty I find in them, and to fulfill this desire, no amount of money would be enough. Or at least responsible.

That’s where replica watches help fill a gap between my desire for watches and my financially responsible self.
Owning high end gens and well selected, mostly moded reps, there’s no question that my reps offer me a waaaay better buck per joy relation.

The serious rep collector, IMO has much much better horological knowledge than the average gen collector and by far a deeper love for watch collecting.

I’m glad to be part of this community and wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Happy weekend fellow watch lovers
fd1ba7f4778dd02deaefe4b629615d72.jpg

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Stating reps are better „bang for the buck“ is just as subjective as your opinion about the average gen collector I guess, nevertheless, nice posting and I’m glad you’re glad to be here.

Reactions: Luvwatch

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
All in the eye of the beholder. As a gen and franken owner, I find it a lot more difficult to get a good deal on a gen AP as on a franken.
I can care less about the service AP provides for gen owners - which is literally non existent in Europe.
The next official AP AD is in another country for me.
Getting a gen AP serviced will take me anywhere from 3-7 months, where I can just send my Franken to Thommy and get it back a week later.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Stating reps are better „bang for the buck“ is just as subjective as your opinion about the average gen collector I guess, nevertheless, nice posting and I’m glad you’re glad to be here.

Agreed mate, totally subjective. My meaning is, for example one of my favorite gens is my rose gold JLC Master compressor Memovox, and one of my favorite reps is a non yet moded JF AP Dark Knight.
Both give me great joy to wear. Of course the feeling of wearing my JLC is different and better than my rep AP, but not as much as the price difference.

That’s my buck per joy logic.

Reactions: Revolper

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Just ask yourself what is better: Fucking Carmen Electra or Fucking a Girl who looks extremly close as Carmen Electra? Answer is both, but to fuck real Carmen is hard for most of us, so enjoy the extremely close. In the end we climax the same like wearing a Gen to Rep my enjoyment is exactly the same.

P.S Real Carmen Electra and a Gen Watch are both extremely expensive to maintain lol.

Reactions: Luvwatch

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Just ask yourself what is better: Fucking Carmen Electra or Fucking a Girl who looks extremly close as Carmen Electra? Answer is both, but to fuck real Carmen is hard for most of us, so enjoy the extremely close. In the end we climax the same like wearing a Gen to Rep my enjoyment is exactly the same.

P.S Real Carmen Electra and a Gen Watch are both extremely expensive to maintain lol.

wrong section? we don't talk vintage here :legend: {she looks great for 49}

Last edited:

Luvwatch

21/8/14

Damn mate, Carmen Electra! You nailed it!
Good one but I’m more of a Bruna Lima kind

Reactions: EuroTime25

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Well said. My wife always thought I was rushing or just bored for looking at my watch all the time. Now she knows im admiring my watch.

Same here, my wife totally gets it now. At first she always asked me if I have something to do or somewhere to go.

Actually most of the time I didn’t even noticed what time it was when looking at my watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove

You can sell a great gen and make lots of money out of it. The real Carmen will probably do the opposite to your wallet should you part with her.

Reactions: EuroTime25

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
You can sell a great gen and make lots of money out of it. The real Carmen will probably do the opposite to your wallet should you part with her.

Unless you are the broke one in the relationship. You can walk out a winner. 50% can be yours of her $8mil. Or just enjoy her as I would.