• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 what AP are you wearing today?

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
c39fe1cbb77c3f05a271df83ee3f0aa7.jpg

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
You are absolutely right this is a small detail very noticable irl, and this is also the reason why a RO is in general more appreciated on the wrist than on photo*....colors, light reflection etc...

*The white gold screw might be a tell if you move the watch under the light in front of a connoisseur but on a photo I doubt anybody** can tell the difference with your watch if the brush/finish is well done.
**Except may be the super uber experts such as Legend or Quetip or some other here who can detect a rep Ap from room distance :)

Question: IS your 2121 equipped with the nice oscillating weight ?
j96pK5.png

Do you know how the white gold takes or gets his final color?

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The gen Royal Oak screws are made from white gold, Erinoush is correct.
Some older gen Royal Oak Offshores have screws made from white gold too, but the gen modern ROO screws are mostly all stainless steel now.

So yes, ROs are more elegant in this aspect for sure.

Reactions: Allure

Prizon

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
You may wish to upgrade the dive bezel to complete it. I am unsure, from the pic whether it is the updated one with the lume borders but it does not look to be so.

is it a direct swap?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
is it a direct swap?

Depending on the tolerance of each watch, it may or may not require slight mods to integrate with the rotating mechanism.
A stock ZF diver already looks close to the gen, and the worth of frankening a 15703 diver is really meaningful only if you really enjoy the model.
Else, a stock or modded ZF diver will look as good (or better with the dive bezel) when placed side by side with yours. There are a lot more visual differences for a franken ROO compared with a stock one. But to each his own, and I hope you enjoy the watch sir.

Reactions: Allure