• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aps 15400 super clone 3120mvt

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
What’s people saying about the hands? Are they flat compared to ZF/JF.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Prizon

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
I have one on the way, will report back. Blue dial

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Maybe this will become next noob 4130 Daytonas, it’s pity companies come out from nowhere and put a clone movement together and we have dozens of JF AP models with maybe hundreds of thousands pieces sold worldwide and no effort put into their movements whatsoever

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Why bother with a clone movement, it can never match or even get close to the AP works. Once it breaks down, you are left with a piece of useless metal.
4130 is a different story and it is a legend. That's why it pricked onto the nerves of Rolex and drove them to determine to execute Noob.

Reactions: Bombardier

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Why bother with a clone movement, it can never match or even get close to the AP works. Once it breaks down, you are left with a piece of useless metal.
4130 is a different story and it is a legend. That's why it pricked onto the nerves of Rolex and drove them to determine to execute Noob.

Because so far there is no 15400 rep that is low beat and that has the instant date change, and none where you can add gen parts. That would be the value of a clone 3120 movement (a real one)

When it comes to Noob, I highly doubt that it was Rolex's doing. If they wanted to sell more watches they would just increase their production, and they don't have that reach anyway. Noob just got hit harder than others by the raids, but they were hardly the only ones

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

There are those that want a rep movement that is more gen-like in functionality and appearance. Then there are those that simply want a reliable movement. That's what great about this hobby, you have a choice.

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
There are those that want a rep movement that is more gen-like in functionality and appearance. Then there are those that simply want a reliable movement. That's what great about this hobby, you have a choice.

Well, it is a question of whether you want to have a watch that's wearable for years, or it becomes a piece of junk once the movement breaks down

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Well, it is a question of whether you want to have a watch that's wearable for years, or it becomes a piece of junk once the movement breaks down

Well then why would you want a rep with a rep 2824 when you can have a gen seiko for the same price? It will be way easier to find a watchsmith that will agree to service it. Plus every other part like hands/bracelet etc.. will be way easier to find.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Well then why would you want a rep with a rep 2824 when you can have a gen seiko for the same price? It will be way easier to find a watchsmith that will agree to service it. Plus every other part like hands/bracelet etc.. will be way easier to find.

Sorry, all my reps housing the 2824/2836 are Swiss ETA'S, and I do the overhauls by myself:)

occidio

Known Member
15/11/15
This actually looks impressive. Gonna try to get all versions to compare. Anyone knows how the availability is currently?

QC is mine - took 3-4 business days from payment to QC so availability is high.

ZF there have been people waiting 2+ months without an update.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Only flawed discount batches. Mine has straight markers.

I am not aware that there are "discount batches" with inherent flaws in them.
It compromises the very concept of QC, as watches with the flaws and discounts you mentioned can be sold as regular stock to an unsuspecting buyer for extra profit.
I highly doubt our dealers will do such a thing. Nevertheless, I will like to ask you for proof of what you are saying. Thanks.

Reactions: Allure