• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Basis to RL or not a big deal?

Moe79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/21
Sydney, Australia
I'm very unfamiliar with APs, this is my very first one, ZF 14500 .. I was just about to GL this one except I noticed what looks like another "AP" on the back! Just waiting for my TD to confirm what exactly is this and if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me (or is this actually part of the design?), but if it is an extra piece should I RL or can I easily take the back off and remove it?

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Oh wow. Is the watch even working? Does the rotor turn? IMO you should definitely RL this as you don't know the level of damage done so far and the watch' reliability even after you remove the extra piece.

Reactions: Moe79 and Plaasbaas

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
If you look closely at the rotor, more specifically at the AP cut out. You'll notice two holes.
Those holes look like indexing holes, and I'm gonna bet that that other AP, the one you circled in red, is the top half of that lower AP logo. And for some reason the joint/glue failed and the two halves separated.

​​​​​​

Reactions: Moe79 and Plaasbaas

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Oh my word. It's probably half of the AP logo just right of its position that was glued and has come off. RL

Had this once with a cheapie where the logo was a simple sticker on the rotor that came off and got entangled
in the watch, luckily without ruining it before I could remove it.

Reactions: Moe79

Moe79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/21
Sydney, Australia
Thanks so much guys, i guess i’ll RL it then which is a real shame because the movement looked so good on the timegrapher … one question though, should i expect the TD to pick up something like that for me or is it literally out of his job description?

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
The one who has never overlooked something may throw the first stone...

I'd just be happy to have seen it in time and would not be too hard on anybody.
Just my two cents.