• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Diver BP factory

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
See https://www.wristwatchspot.com

Several close up photos
14b7c53d3d204dfe1641a8da675e1911.jpg
That grey one is very nice

Reactions: RedBearrd

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It is a decent novelty replica. Let’s face it, the gen can look garish as well, for a luxury watch. So the rep does emulate this aspect of the gen well, though the details differ from the gen as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and weezkid

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
If I am saving a lot of money in shampoo costs for example, I may invest in one just for the heck of it.

We could always invest in organic shaving cream for the watch spot on the wrist, but yeah, I learnt from you bro legend that when it comes to AP, the gen will always be a bridge too far.

Still, the fellow sitting next to you in Starbucks isn't likely to realize much unless he is SuperLory

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
We could always invest in organic shaving cream for the watch spot on the wrist, but yeah, I learnt from you bro legend that when it comes to AP, the gen will always be a bridge too far.

Still, the fellow sitting next to you in Starbucks isn't likely to realize much unless he is SuperLory

You’re right bro.
Even most frankens (offshores especially) will be far far behind in terms of finishing and details but such is the AP replica game, for which I’m glad.

Reactions: Allure

Vicar69

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
29/7/17
London, UK
I got Nembo next door to source the blue one. I’ll post some pics when it arrives.
He’s got the other two colours up for sale in Nembo’s Corner if anyone wants to try one.

Reactions: Rufctr2

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
This looks interesting.. so should we expect bp to release 43mm chronos too? I want one of them!

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
You’re right bro.
Even most frankens (offshores especially) will be far far behind in terms of finishing and details but such is the AP replica game, for which I’m glad.

I feel like AP replicas has far better finish than most of the well known Rolex models to be honest. Is that true? I recently became very concerned about the case finish I think, I don’t mind most of the flaws on dials, hands, date wheel etc. But flaws on case finish really bothers my eyes..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I feel like AP replicas has far better finish than most of the well known Rolex models to be honest. Is that true? I recently became very concerned about the case finish I think, I don’t mind most of the flaws on dials, hands, date wheel etc. But flaws on case finish really bothers my eyes..

I wasn’t comparing AP or Rolex replica finishes.
I was comparing the gen and rep AP finishes and my point stands that the gen is finished a lot better in many details. Acceptability in this aspect is a subjective matter and you alone will decide what works for you and what does not sir. The finishing on the rep APs are acceptable when you do not have the gen to compare them to, but far from the gen for once you know the details to look out for IMHO.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

agree to disagree. An arf or vsf rolex submariner, datejust or even arf daytona have close to perfect finishing and steel is steel anyway. Now if you tell me that dthe AP look a million buck i agree but i think it’s a combination of material finishing and design

Reactions: weezkid

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Hmm.. I need to get my eyes trained a bit more then, I meant under certain light to be actually, I can see the reflection of the light that is not consistent, especially on a Rolex, that has got more chamfer and edges with certain angles, an Ap has sharper character overall and is less imperfect in consistency. Maybe it’s only me i don’t know but there is no doubt you have more experience than me : )

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hmm.. I need to get my eyes trained a bit more then, I meant under certain light to be actually, I can see the reflection of the light that is not consistent, especially on a Rolex, that has got more chamfer and edges with certain angles, an Ap has sharper character overall and is less imperfect in consistency. Maybe it’s only me i don’t know but there is no doubt you have more experience than me : )

You see what you see, there is no right or wrong about it. This forum is mostly made up of opinions, and for issues like comparative finishing between replicas of 2 watch brands, its pretty subjective.
You're certainly entitled to make your observation like anyone else.

Reactions: Allure and kavorca1

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

tell me a watch more imperfect than a 650USD AP ROO..I'll wait..

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
I believe there is one being released in all black from Sfactory… i think it’s better than the Bfactory one.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Got one :)

It is a decent effort for a v1 of an AP rep even if so many flaws exist. I guess you got it to try it out as a fun novelty so you don’t really care.
It looks good as a watch though, I’m sure you would have plenty of fun wearing it. Congrats J and enjoy!

Reactions: Allure and Vicar69