• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High quality strap for JF ROO Chrono

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Hey guys, I’m looking for a high quality hornback alligator leather for a JF ROO Chrono, but I’m not sure if a gen strap will fit.

My second option is to have one custom made, and for that Jacob, from Jacobs Straps has told me he’ll need a JF strap to use the plastic component that goes to the lugs.

Any comments are highly appreciated.
7a842aff9b5c0f7ec6a0086bb1cf02a3.jpg

Stay safe

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Well I would go with custom made as we have the chance to have highly talented strapmakers on this forum. They are as beautiful and well finish as gen (sometimes better) and cost definitely less. A no brainer really.

Happy hunting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luvwatch

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Gen straps fit

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

pm-guy

Supporter
Certified
10/5/14
Yes, you need to have these inserts for Jacobs to custom make the hornback strap, in order to have a perfect fit for your JF Chrono....

Reactions: Luvwatch

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
By praising me, you have set the bar high. It obliges me to be no lower than that level.

You have created a very beautiful strap for a well-loved AP classic. I will want to give your straps a try sometimes.
Thank you for sharing Tan_Go. I suggest you create a thread here and update it with your creations so we can all better appreciate your work.
​​​​​​​

Reactions: Allure and Tan_Go

Tan_Go

Renowned Member
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Certified
17/10/20
Thank you very much for your appreciation and trust, legend In fact, this strap originally looked different.
I really like the combination of these colors.

The person who bought this strap asked to change the thread color.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Well I would go with custom made as we have the chance to have highly talented strapmakers on this forum. They are as beautiful and well finish as gen (sometimes better) and cost definitely less. A no brainer really.

Happy hunting

Thanks mate! Stay safe

Luvwatch

21/8/14

Happy hunting

Thanks mate!

Luvwatch

21/8/14

Happy hunting

Thanks my friend, stay safe

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Luvwatch

21/8/14
You have created a very beautiful strap for a well-loved AP classic. I will want to give your straps a try sometimes.
Thank you for sharing Tan_Go. I suggest you create a thread here and update it with your creations so we can all better appreciate your work.

Hey Legend, hope you are well my friend. If it helps, I've bought more than 10 straps from Jacob over the last +5 years and comparing wear with gen Jaeger LeCoultre, IWC and Panerai I can confidently say that Jacobs Straps age better.

And Jacob is a great guy.

You won't regret.

Reactions: asanibal and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey Legend, hope you are well my friend. If it helps, I've bought more than 10 straps from Jacob over the last +5 years and comparing wear with gen Jaeger LeCoultre, IWC and Panerai I can confidently say that Jacobs Straps age better.

And Jacob is a great guy.

You won't regret.

Yes sir, I do agree with you that Jakob makes top quality straps, which are better than the OEM AP ones. No doubt on that.
What I was saying is that since Tan_go has been active here, has some good feedback on here work and is readily contactable by members, members here can give her a try too.
It is always good to have choices, and more than 1 awesome strapmaker can co-exist, like a shopping mall with more than one store to facilitate consumer choices.

You are not wrong at all about Jakob, please don't be mistaken about what I wrote. Thank you kindly for your feedback.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
By praising me, you have set the bar high. It obliges me to be no lower than that level.

Just received photos from my customer from RWI. His Safari on my hornback strap..

you'll have an order from me soon

Reactions: Tan_Go

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Yes sir, I do agree with you that Jakob makes top quality straps, which are better than the OEM AP ones. No doubt on that.
What I was saying is that since Tan_go has been active here, has some good feedback on here work and is readily contactable by members, members here can give her a try too.
It is always good to have choices, and more than 1 awesome strapmaker can co-exist, like a shopping mall with more than one store to facilitate consumer choices.

You are not wrong at all about Jakob, please don't be mistaken about what I wrote. Thank you kindly for your feedback.

Agreed 100%. Healthy competition is always in benefit of all parts, not only us.

Stay safe mate

Reactions: legend