• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Romance of Audemars Piguet

Hman12

Known Member
11/4/21
For me there are few brands which are this "special" - this is obviously brand which has been built up and holds that unexplainable attraction for the masses.

This is a luxury item and of course not worth pushing the corners of our mind to fathom how and why it's designed when compared to life's greater questions.

However for people who like to appreciate the beauty of recording time, then this is a class A drug. I of course never forsee myself being able spend the cash to buy the genuine article. And It's the genuine article which holds the magic, the movement, the dial, the design.

However with the changing of the times I feel like certain brands will not be able to keep up with the volume without sacrificing on the quality. I personally and maybe unjustifiably feel this way towards Rolex - a beautiful brand, but not the same as when I was younger.

How do you see this house of "haute horlogerie"?
What makes you like this watch, what does it represent and do you still this being a relevant brand for the future?