• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Straps?

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
Hey guys, where do you all go to buy your straps for AP. I must be looking in the wrong places because I’m not seeing all that much offered. Hoping to be able to replace the rubber on my 15703.

Thanks in advance!

TheChachi

10/9/18
I have got a couple off of here via M2M. I have also used Etsy and Ebay. Of course if you want to spend a bit more for AP straps, you could use Horus, Vagineri, Rubber B, or Strap Freak to name a few.

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
giphy.gif

Supermega

Horology Curious
11/8/19
I have got a couple off of here via M2M. I have also used Etsy and Ebay. Of course if you want to spend a bit more for AP straps, you could use Horus, Vagineri, Rubber B, or Strap Freak to name a few.

Would these mentioned brands, specifically the horus with deployment clasp, be perfect fit for the JF ROO diver? I’ve read somewhere there might be a gap between the case and the strap

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Would these mentioned brands, specifically the horus with deployment clasp, be perfect fit for the JF ROO diver? I’ve read somewhere there might be a gap between the case and the strap

The perfect fit for any ROO or diver is one with a small gap between the case and straps edges. They do not touch in any of my gen offshores or divers. This is to allow the straps to wrap around the wrist much better without putting strain on the straps. So if there is no gap, it is wrong.

This is a fact often overlooked by many members who don’t own gens. But I think you should be aware of this if you’re sourcing rubber straps for your diver.

TheChachi

10/9/18
The perfect fit for any ROO or diver is one with a small gap between the case and straps edges. They do not touch in any of my gen offshores or divers. This is to allow the straps to wrap around the wrist much better without putting strain on the straps. So if there is no gap, it is wrong.

This is a fact often overlooked by many members who don’t own gens. But I think you should be aware of this if you’re sourcing rubber straps for your diver.

Supermega Heed the advice from legend on this. He has an amazing knowledge of all things AP. He's a very awesome person as well.

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus

Legend, many thanks for this tip. Do you happen to have a picture of this that would illustrate it. Would love to understand better what you’re talking about.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Legend, many thanks for this tip. Do you happen to have a picture of this that would illustrate it. Would love to understand better what you’re talking about.

I didn’t take a pic of this as I didn’t see it as something picture worthy but something which is a matter of fact, but you can take my word for it. Technically the case and strap edges do not touch at all.
I always find it amusing when members start complaining about the gaps between the straps and case edges like it’s a flaw. Yes, gaps which are too big are unsightly but a line-like gap looks completely gen-like and in fact practical from a fitment and flexibility point of view.

Supermega

Horology Curious
11/8/19

Thanks for the info, it does make sense to have a little gap in between to allow the strap to wrap around. Now i need to find if the horus strap for the deployment clasp will fit the jf diver. I’ve tried the cheap $30-20 ones and it doesn’t fit. They didn’t take into account that there is a protruding thing on the link connected to the case

Edit: I’ve also asked horus about it and they just said that they recommend the other strap meant for the diver but it doesn’t taper that much

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

OK I happen to be wearing an ROO today, so here is a pic illustrating what I said. I hope you find it helpful.

You can see the gap. This is NOT consistent across all my APs, some are very slightly wider and some a tad more narrow, but this is a good representation.

Reactions: pixel_junkie