• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 26331 - advice/help

wooderm

Horology Curious
11/9/21
London
So new to the site in respect of creating an account ! Hi...Hello.... although I'm not new in respect to reading through the forums and advice etc....

Wondering anyone got any thoughts on getting a Royal Oak 26331 stainless steel, blue face?

I'm after one from the JF factory, to be honest not sure if this is still up and running? Understand this is the factory that produces the best ones, but have seen AP from JH factory which i can't find any reference for!!!

Been on hontwatch, anyreplicawatches (although these not listed as main dealer) intime, chaxingtimewatch, puretimewatch, etc. Done a fair research but not really having much luck on which factory these are coming from as they don't in most cases tell you unless I start to inquire, but then do I know it is coming from there is another story. Most saying 1:1, which I'm ignoring cause means jack s... One coming from OM factory & BF factory, which not to sure about that to be fair.

Anyone got any advice or has purchased AP Royal Oak 26331 recently ?

Many thanks....

Hman12

Known Member
11/4/21
There's a user here who has one of these: they are all going to be very thick due to the working chrono.

Any chance of getting something you want is to get the watch modded. Domi modded a user's OMF by remaking the movement manual from automatic and re shaping the back and midcase.

Incidentally I am not sure if OMF are still making this watch

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I understand why you would like this watch. It's a looker.

Yes, it's true it is thicker than gen. but so are the Daytona reps. That said, people keep buying Daytonas even now when Noob is out of production with their gen thickness clone movements.

If you find a watch you like. Go for it! If a nuance is a deal breaker for you, don't buy it.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
There's a user here who has one of these: they are all going to be very thick due to the working chrono.

Any chance of getting something you want is to get the watch modded. Domi modded a user's OMF by remaking the movement manual from automatic and re shaping the back and midcase.

Incidentally I am not sure if OMF are still making this watch

I'd definitely want this mod if I were into this rep.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Trusty made a video now if the new OMF release i posted link above about. In the video he presses the button to start the chronograph and the second hand starts moving. But before the seconds hand passes one minute he stops and resets the chronograph so we cannot see if the minute subdial will work also. I emailed him about this to ask if all the subdials are working. The older version OMF chronographs the subdials did not work for minutes.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Definitely ask to see (new video) if it's functioning properly. I know Andrew is a stand up guy but I'd like to see it for myself and not just what he say's.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Trusty emailed back and said all sub dials are working. Find it a little hard to believe though since all other OMF versions had faux sub dials.