• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the Difference between these 3 Royal Oak Offshore Survivors?

Alan_Schezar

Looking Around
22/2/19
What is the Difference between these 3 Royal Oak Offshore Survivors?

They are all sold by the same dealer. There appears to be slight differences in the descriptions, but how much of a difference is it? Is one movement/factory significantly better or better made than the other, etc?

#1 is $388 made by Noob, #2 is $498 made by DCF, and #3 is $688 and doesn't specify where is is made.

Or perhaps the more relevant question is: Which one would you get and why? Thanks in advance for your help and advice! ????

#1 - AP0655 - Offshore Survivor Ltd Ed DLC/CER/RU Black Noob A7750$ - $388.00

Noob Factory AP Royal Oak Survivor Edition in Ceramic/DLC Casekit

MOVEMENT: Asia 7750 Valjoux Automatic Movement, 28800bph (Secs @12 Like Genuine)

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_288&products_id=22843

#2 - AP0617 - AP ROO Survivor Ltd CER/DLC/RU Black DCF A7750 - $498.00

DCF Factory AP Royal Oak Survivor Edition in Ceramic/DLC

MOVEMENT: Asia 7750 Automatic with Secs @12, 28800bph with Decorated Rotor & Platinum Plated Bridges & Plates like Genuine Calibre AP 3126

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_243&products_id=21127

#3 - AP0577B - AP ROO Survivor Ltd CER/DLC/RU Black A3126 Mod - $688.00

AP Royal Oak Survivor Edition in Ceramic/DLC

MOVEMENT: Asia 7750 Automatic with Secs @12, 28800bph with Decorated Rotor & Platinum Plated Bridges & Plates like Genuine Calibre AP 3126

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_243&products_id=19474

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Without doing a detailed inspection, they look largely the same at a casual glance. Same movement too and I cannot see any meaningful differences between the models except maybe the datewheel and cyclop. Since this is a closed caseback model you can safely discount any “movement decoration” which will be a joke anyway. I cannot tell from the pics the quality difference of the ceramic case.
If you just want to try out the watch, why not go for the $318 model? None of the 3 models are closer to gen than the others and if you just want a watch to wear for fun then pick the least expensive in this instance as they look largely similar with the same flaws.
I don’t wear replicas but given the 3 I’ll pick the one which costs the least to try it out.
Good luck in your decision and enjoy the watch, whichever you choose. You may wish to replace the datewheel and cyclop with the JF v2 one for whichever model chosen to make it look more accurate.
This is a replica ROO which looks decently accurate to gen given the all black theme and has very good novelty value given it’s rather unique appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fitipaldi

8/10/10
@Legend: I have a Survivor from Noob bought in 2014 with modded cyclops and datewheel and it’s pretty close to gen; in fact there was a post in the old RWI from a guy having the gen and the rep and he was pretty impressed by the rep, at the point he decided to sell his gen.

Now regarding the question here, I just bought the one @388 in order to have spare parts for my modded one. It is the same old Noob with updated datewheel (not sure about cyclops). Go for it, it seems Noob will not produce them anymore, so last chance to get a pretty good rep.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant RWI

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you for sharing fitipaldi and I agree with your view point regarding the accuracy of this model (as far as rep ROOs go)
I have cleaned up the 2 repeated posts and left your original one hope you don't mind.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
i don't think you can get one these days

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
The Noob Survivor is probably the best Royal Oak Offshore rep available out of the box. It is spectacular and the quality of the various intricate pieces unique to the Survivor are of paramount quality. The chrono pusher guards has the same spring resistance as gen, everything is as good as it gets. It is a shame Noob doesn’t do more in the ROO world because this is superior to any JF ROO I’ve owned. I had a gen survivor and sold it immediately because to me, the Noob Survivor is NWBIG and checks all the boxes. Just don’t use the 7750 Chrono.

Reactions: Alan_Schezar

spencerswagu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/20
The Noob Survivor is probably the best Royal Oak Offshore rep available out of the box. It is spectacular and the quality of the various intricate pieces unique to the Survivor are of paramount quality. The chrono pusher guards has the same spring resistance as gen, everything is as good as it gets. It is a shame Noob doesn’t do more in the ROO world because this is superior to any JF ROO I’ve owned. I had a gen survivor and sold it immediately because to me, the Noob Survivor is NWBIG and checks all the boxes. Just don’t use the 7750 Chrono.

I have the same one here from Noob.

Do you think it's worth modding with the ETA 7750? Gen one can be found for ~$350. Then I think the chrono would be more usable. Pretty stellar watch at that point :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have the same one here from Noob.

Do you think it's worth modding with the ETA 7750? Gen one can be found for ~$350. Then I think the chrono would be more usable. Pretty stellar watch at that point :)

Parts from the ETA7750 can be used to replace the A7750 sec@12 but you need to understand that the movement used in the rep ROOs are modified A7750 movement and therefore, the ETA7750 can never be used as replacement movements.
Even if parts of the ETA7750 are installed into the A7750, the chrono will still NOT be reliable because the design of the movement remains largely unchanged.
But if you want the kicker, even the gen 3126/3840 caliber does not have a 100% reliable chrono movement too due to the stacked chronograph module design. It is a lot more reliable than the A7750 sec@12 chrono but still not as bulletproof as say, the Rolex 4130 caliber.

If you’re looking for a reliable chrono movement, get the daytona. AP ROOs are worn mostly for the design and character of the watch and not really functionality.

Reactions: spencerswagu