• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated Royal Oak Tourbillon by R8 Factory are out

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Do you actually know they have these in stock? Or just going by what they have stated on their website? I've been looking for one for a long time, no one has them.

Contact your TD directly. I just emailed Zack asking about buying the rubber bracelet for mine (bought a couple of months ago). And he said R8F was closed. It wasn’t clear from him email if he meant closed for good or closed temporarily.

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Received the V2 from JTime today. The crystal is about 1mm or even less, too high and not flush with the case. Maybe that's a one off issue.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

indyberetta

Renowned Member
16/6/07
Houston, Texas USA
Who knows how to size the bracelet? I have taken the screw off of two links, but it's just a small screw end cap and not the entire screw that comes out. Is the other part a push pin?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Who knows how to size the bracelet? I have taken the screw off of two links, but it's just a small screw end cap and not the entire screw that comes out. Is the other part a push pin?

Yes, once you unscrew the cap, you can push the pin out. Insert your pusher into the hole left vacant by the cap screw.

Reactions: indyberetta

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Does anyone who owns one of these also own another AP rep from a different factory? I'm not giving this beauty enough wrist time, and it's 100% because the bracelet is hella uncomfortable. But I'm curious is R8F's AP RO bracelet is just bad, or if all AP RO bracelets are uncomfortable. My complaints are that the bracelet has sharp edges, and that my hair often gets caught (and pulled) in between the bracelet links. I don't have any comfort problems with my VFS / CF oyster bracelet'd reps... and I'd love to give this rep more wrist time. Many thanks rep fam!

Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Does anyone who owns one of these also own another AP rep from a different factory? I'm not giving this beauty enough wrist time, and it's 100% because the bracelet is hella uncomfortable. But I'm curious is R8F's AP RO bracelet is just bad, or if all AP RO bracelets are uncomfortable. My complaints are that the bracelet has sharp edges, and that my hair often gets caught (and pulled) in between the bracelet links. I don't have any comfort problems with my VFS / CF oyster bracelet'd reps... and I'd love to give this rep more wrist time. Many thanks rep fam!

that was my problem with zf AP 15202. So sharp

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe

You're right. The bracelet is hella uncomfortable. It's sharp and edgy. I have a ZF 15400 which is a bliss on the wrist. Barely notice it when wearing it.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
You're right. The bracelet is hella uncomfortable. It's sharp and edgy. I have a ZF 15400 which is a bliss on the wrist. Barely notice it when wearing it.

That's great to know... hmm is the ZF 15400 bracelet 27mm like the RO Tourbillon? Or is it 28mm? I wonder if it'd be possible to swap to a metal bracelet from a better factory.

I ended up ordering a rubber bracelet from AliExpress (low expectations)... but I feel like wearing this piece on a rubber strap tales away from the BDE that I was aiming for. I'd love to find a SS 27mm AP bracelet that fits the lugs and doesn't feel like I'm wearing a razor blade factory.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Updated Tourbillon

Will also do white Gold Bezel Screws. Pictures when watch is finished.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

If you manage to replace the exposed gear below the hand stack with one of the correct diameter, I think you would have a winner combined with whatever you (Domi) is doing.