Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

My first ever rep purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first ever rep purchase

After spending many days going through articles on this forum, I decided on getting a ln Submariner 116610 LN ARF 904L SS A2824. Seemed to be a solid first choice for a noob.

Reached out to a few TDs and Tony was quickest to reply ans very swift in all responses. Confirmed watch was in stock and provided payment options. I went for WU to get the 10% discount.

Within a matter of hours from my first email, I was now ready and waiting for QC pics. The first set of pics arrived in 24 hours but we're rejected due to a cosmetic defect with the bezel. Accepted immediately by Tony and offered to source another.

Now I'm waiting for the QC for the second watch but so far it's been a great experience. I'll keep you guys posted on how this transaction proceeds.

Sent from the RWI App

good choice mate, when you accept the qc picture post them here i think you ll be really with the watch

Comment

*really happy

Comment

So I received the watch on 25th Jan. After the first set of QC pictures on the 17th and subsequently rejected, I was sent a new set of QC pics on the 18th.

Approved immediately and shipped on the 19th. Tracking on the EMS site updated on 21st and package received on the 25th.

My first transaction was super smooth and very pleasant! If all rep purchases are this good, I can see myself getting sucked into this hobby and emptying my bank account!

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by ak47-1988 View Post
          So I received the watch on 25th Jan. After the first set of QC pictures on the 17th and subsequently rejected, I was sent a new set of QC pics on the 18th.

Approved immediately and shipped on the 19th. Tracking on the EMS site updated on 21st and package received on the 25th.

My first transaction was super smooth and very pleasant! If all rep purchases are this good, I can see myself getting sucked into this hobby and emptying my bank account!

Sent from the RWI App
          I hate to be rude but I think you made up this entire story.
          Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
          I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

I have only purchased a couple reps myself but that is by far the fastest transaction I have heard. QC picks have taken a few days to over a week in my experience (puretime). If this went that quickly it looks like I just found a new TD!

Comment

Originally posted by nick3237 View Post
              I have only purchased a couple reps myself but that is by far the fastest transaction I have heard. QC picks have taken a few days to over a week in my experience (puretime). If this went that quickly it looks like I just found a new TD!
              Actually, I do beleive the guy. I’m just giving him shit for not posting pictures.

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post

Actually, I do beleive the guy. I’m just giving him shit for not posting pictures.
                I’m trying! ????

I keep getting some errors from the app and also online. Need to figure out how to post pictures here. Gimme some time!

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Trying g via tapatalk now. Hope this works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And here's my comms thread with Tony in my inbox showing the time line of the transaction.

Also, the QC reject.

Comment

Very nice watch. Congratulations.

Comment

I also liked how you proved them wrong too...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Originally posted by nick3237 View Post
                          I think it depends on the model. Some models are more popular and sounds like TDs will keep stocks in stead of getting from the factory every time someone orders.

I ordered an ARF SD43 and I received qc the next day payment was confirmed. I rejected and I got another qc on the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by 2001025 View Post

I think it depends on the model. Some models are more popular and sounds like TDs will keep stocks in stead of getting from the factory every time someone orders.

I ordered an ARF SD43 and I received qc the next day payment was confirmed. I rejected and I got another qc on the next day.

Very true, like I said I have only purchased a couple up until this point. I'm sure it also depends your location.

Comment

Generally, submariners are made at a rapid rate seeing how they're the best selling Rolex watch. The great thing about Tony is that he's prompt (Unless you start spamming him with emails)

Comment

Working...
                              X