Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Rundown of my first purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rundown of my first purchase

So, I first contacted tony straight via e-mail on october 24th and things started rolling so nicely that already on the same day we had an agreement on which watch I would be buying and I sent the payment via western union.
    ​​​​​​
    On october 25th I already got the QC pictures, which weirdly were dated to year 2014 in their metadata, but I just thought that maybe his cameras date is off and let this one slide as I had read so much good about him. I also asked him about ja tracking number and he promised to get back to me about that.

October 26th I got email from western union that he had collected the money I sent.

November 3rd I sent him an email asking about estimate on when he will send the package.

Now november 6th I am waiting for an answer to my email.

I will keep this thread posted on how things start rolling again.

Also welcome new noob to the forum.

Hi flying finn,

Hows the purchase going? I also contacted Tony regarding a Cartier calibre. Hopefully i'll have some feedback soon. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by agdizon View Post
      Hi flying finn,

Hows the purchase going? I also contacted Tony regarding a Cartier calibre. Hopefully i'll have some feedback soon. Thanks
      Sorry, I didn't notice your reply until now. It has now been a week since my last email but I haven't yet got an answer. It seems like his interest in the sale ended once he got the money. I guess I will contact one of the RWI sales mods next for advice.

Comment

Update: I sent Tony another email on the same topic as the last one, let's see if I can get an answer this time.

Comment

Another update: I got an answer! Now I even have the tracking number. Let's hope that the customs doesn't get interested in the package.

Comment

Great Flying Finn

Comment

Hey, sorry for not posting for a while to this thread, but well better late than never. The watch (omega) arrived about a week after my last post and it looked just stunning. It also seemed to have pretty accurate copy of calibre 8500 by its looks and even the movement itself.

Now I haven't used the watch quite so often, maybe 5 times to this day and now as I wound it up and set the date, the watch ran a couple of minutes and stopped. It is now completely dead whatsoever.

I guess I will try contact Tony for a solution now. I sincerely hope we can get an agreement or otherwise the replica turned out to be more expensive per times used as the real one would have been.

I'll keep the thread posted on how things work out.

Comment

I have now contacted Tony about the defective watch. I will keep the thread posted on the results.

Comment

As I was afraid, the only way to settle this is to send the watch back to china for repairs. So there is now another 4 chances for the customs to seize my watch. Wish me luck..

Comment

Latest update: the watch made it to china and it is now being repaired. Tony estimated that he can send it back next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying finn View Post
                      Latest update: the watch made it to china and it is now being repaired. Tony estimated that he can send it back next week.
                      I never send a watch back to china. I have gotten watches that were DOA and still wouldn't send them the watch back. The time and money to do so, I will just send it to one of our trusted watchmakers to fix it and while they are at it have them waterproof it. The advantages are 1)serviced movement 2)waterproof watch. The TD will just swap the movement with another one and it won't be serviced. I wish you the best of luck. That is a nice looking Omega rep.
                      Rolex brought: 2003 16613, 2000 16610
                      100% Complete Rolex built by me: 16800, 16613 black and gold., 16610LN
                      Crazy builds: 5513,16610 LV, 16613 Bluesy, 16520 Zenith QFOAHDT!

Comment

Originally posted by occb2 View Post

I never send a watch back to china. I have gotten watches that were DOA and still wouldn't send them the watch back. The time and money to do so, I will just send it to one of our trusted watchmakers to fix it and while they are at it have them waterproof it. The advantages are 1)serviced movement 2)waterproof watch. The TD will just swap the movement with another one and it won't be serviced. I wish you the best of luck. That is a nice looking Omega rep.
                        I didn't even know that you listed trusted watchmakers too. Well, maybe next time. I wouldn't trust a replica to hold anything more than rain out of the case anyway without testing, so now I will be pretty happy to just first get the watch into working condition.

The time isn't really a problem for me as I have several other watches, replicas and real ones to use meanwhile. Money was the smallest of concerns as I only paid the return shipping which was less than 10 euros.

And to the looks, I certainly didn't really mind spending the extra 70 USD or so to get even the movement replicated from the original. Looks great and I really hope that the new movement lives a bit longer than the first one.

Comment

Another update. The watch is on its way back from China, so only one more chance for customs to piss in my cereal.
                          ​​

Comment

Personally, I bought a Daytona gold w/ green dial, and the QC images were dated perfectly for early that day. What's the program name in the metadata? Mine was ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Acaicia View Post
                              Personally, I bought a Daytona gold w/ green dial, and the QC images were dated perfectly for early that day. What's the program name in the metadata? Mine was ACD Systems
                              The information can be found on windows by right clicking the image and I guess the correct tab in english would be properties(?) where it shows date when the picture is taken, iso settings, device, focal length, lens etc. if the camera saves such information, and usually does.

And now that I read your message again I realised that wasn't what you asked unfortunately I couldn't find the pictures anymore so I can't check.

Comment

Working...
                              X