Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchased a Speedmaster "TinTin" from Asian7750. Enroute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Purchased a Speedmaster "TinTin" from Asian7750. Enroute

    Hello everyone. Very new newbie here. Been lurking for about a year and have read EVERY guide and post about the right way to buy a good rep. Followed all suggestions and directions and just purchased an Omega Speedmaster 2013 "racing" ("Tintin") rep from Asian7750. Did it all through email address and not the website. So far, communication has been good. 12 days so far from initial email. I received QC pics but no tracking number yet. I used Western Union (and got a small discount). Will advise when it arrives.

    One quick note to say a huge THANK YOU to all who have taken the time to create guideline posts for newbies. I refrained from the dreaded "Who makes the best _________ rep and how do I buy it?" post. Instead I used all the excellent guides that others have posted here. What a great resource. Thank you to all.

    Fingers crossed that it arrives.


    #2
    Welcome, great first post in contrast to the usuals.

    Nice choice on the watch, loving the new omega reps... my Aqua Terra for some eye candy

    Comment


      #3
      UPDATE: Received tracking number from “Tony.” Shipped EMS so it’ll be awhile. So far, about 18 days from initial, cold-call email to receiving the tracking number. Will post when it arrives. Great communication from the TD.

      Comment


        #4
        It takes time, but Tony is definitely reliable (and very, very concise in his replies)

        Tintin looks nice, uses a Lemania copy hand wind movement and the subdial @6 is not functional (it replicates the movement of the hour hand. It would have been better to have it stuck at 12h, in my opinion)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by alexdazio View Post
          It takes time, but Tony is definitely reliable (and very, very concise in his replies)

          Tintin looks nice, uses a Lemania copy hand wind movement and the subdial @6 is not functional (it replicates the movement of the hour hand. It would have been better to have it stuck at 12h, in my opinion)
          Thanks for that comment. I laughed at your “very concise” comment because it’s very accurate. Tony has been great though. And I agree on the subdial comment. Plus I wish they had extended the hash-marks at 3, 6, and 9 like in the gen. It’s a big “tell.” But I love it anyway.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Jim.Kirk View Post

            Thanks for that comment. I laughed at your “very concise” comment because it’s very accurate. Tony has been great though. And I agree on the subdial comment. Plus I wish they had extended the hash-marks at 3, 6, and 9 like in the gen. It’s a big “tell.” But I love it anyway.
            The close to the center position of the subdials on the Speedmaster is unique and that's the reason for not having a good Speedy rep. You can find a passable automatic rep with alle the 3 subdials working for real, or a manual model, like the one we are mentioning here, with the silly @6 subdial. Both models, having the 3 subdials more distant form the center of the watch, use a dial design with shorter hash marks (like the ones found on the reduced). It's a "big tell", as you say, indeed.

            Having cloned more and more watches, in a more and more accurate way, I do not understand the lack of interested of factories in an iconic Omega like the Speedmaster (Puretime tried to encourage them, also providing a gen as a model, but at no avail). Actually, given the number of variant models that Omega tend to release pretty often recently (Ultraman, Olympics etc.), I am pretty sure that collectors would buy quite a few.

            Comment


              #7
              What is link for Asian 7750?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Gizmo4100 View Post
                What is link for Asian 7750?
                I did it all through email. [email protected]

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by alexdazio View Post

                  The close to the center position of the subdials on the Speedmaster is unique and that's the reason for not having a good Speedy rep. You can find a passable automatic rep with alle the 3 subdials working for real, or a manual model, like the one we are mentioning here, with the silly @6 subdial. Both models, having the 3 subdials more distant form the center of the watch, use a dial design with shorter hash marks (like the ones found on the reduced). It's a "big tell", as you say, indeed.

                  Having cloned more and more watches, in a more and more accurate way, I do not understand the lack of interested of factories in an iconic Omega like the Speedmaster (Puretime tried to encourage them, also providing a gen as a model, but at no avail). Actually, given the number of variant models that Omega tend to release pretty often recently (Ultraman, Olympics etc.), I am pretty sure that collectors would buy quite a few.
                  Awesome post and great info. I totally agree that I’m perplexed why the rep factories don’t hunker down and create a really good Speedmaster. It’s one of the most iconic and popular watches in history. People would buy them in the same droves as a Daytona, if not more. There must be a good reason.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    UPDATE: Watch received and it's great. It was an all around great experience and Asian 7750 delivered everything as promised. He's a solid TD. See photos and my review of the watch at https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/member-s-watch-reviews/7141660-omega-speedmaster-2013-racing-tin-tin-just-received-review

                    Comment


                      #11
                      How may I get on his site, can someone help me, thank you


                      Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Gizmo4100 View Post
                        How may I get on his site, can someone help me, thank you


                        Sent from my iPhone using RWI
                        asian7750.co


                        Sent from the RWI App

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X