• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lange 1815 Flyback Chronograph

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Anybody give any feedback on this watch, I think it looks very good? Yeah sure not 100% accurate :D but still a nice rep?

Rep:
Sorry about robbed pics but sales thread was best I could find.
RWISale005.jpg

Gen:

7107-LS2.jpg

7107-LSM.jpg

kappajoe

Horology Curious
15/2/12
Not really accurate like you said above but it is a nice watch.... the strap is pretty bad and should be replaced asap.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yeah looks nice, can't see much feedback on them, whereas plenty of info on other lange model, the flyback datograph is getting alot of reviews lately, very hard to see anything on this version. Same open display case with lemania clone st-19 as most of the handwind reps.

Afaik the rep has blue hands aswell just not very clear in the pics. The strap is usual rep quality, needs a good strap, but could be a good watch with a nice strap. It is also a correct 40mm to gen which is a good size.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
The one with the blue hands is gorgeous. Think about it this way. How many people know that brand? Not many. How many people know that brand, and have handled/ own any model? Less. How many people have handled/ own that particular model? Even less. Maybe that puts it into perspective, maybe not. I've come to the conclusion that the less popular brands/models don't really need to be that close to gen. Remember the 99.999% rule.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yeah, it's right boostin, we would never come across (well I wouldn't anyway :D) someone with a lange, or even anyone who knows the brand name tbh, I've no problem wearing reps anyway so don't really care about being called out or accuracy to the gen.

The designs of some of these latest Lange reps like the datograph and that one above are really appealing, not too worried about correctness, just hoping it wasn't a poorly finished rep in itself, it doesn't seem so from the little I can find about it.
You know yourself some of these dressy chronos can be hit or miss on finish/dial print etc, there are some crackers around though, this looks a good one.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
I know what you're saying. I'll probably get flamed for this, but for the reasons you listed about quality, I think the only guy I would buy from for this brand is Angus. His QC dept takes the time to make sure you're happy. I've turned down three different sets of qc pics on a breguet, and they were patient with me. I haven't had that kind of patience with other dealers. IMO, lack of patience isn't a problem with popular watches like a sub or PO, but it is on things like A. Lange, Breguet,etc.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Thanks for the tip boostin, good to know, must contact Angus and see if they can get hold of these, they aren't listed on his site (checked earlier) but that doesn't mean that they can't get hold of them. It would've been great to find a review or even more pics other than the old sales post pic above but I've checked 4 rep forums and cant see anything much about it. Don't know whether that is a good or bad sign :D

erich

Looking Around
21/4/12
Dr,

Any news on this front? I am looking at the same watch and would be interested to know if you have any additional information.

Thanks

James9

Known Member
25/6/09
Purchased that watch a few years back from Robert or Sillix, forget which, and its a real beauty, winds like butter, and keeps great time. Overall great quality. Wouldn't sell at even double what I paid - which was about $225 at the time I believe.