• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A. Lange & Sohne Replica World

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
a.-lange-sohne-logo.jpg

A. Lange & Sohne was founded in 1845 in Glashutte, Germany

My thoughts on the Lange Rep world:

I don't know what's with me a my recent obsession with Lange watches, but I have been scanning throughout all forums and TD sites for a nice affordable Lange watch.

The hunt has been quite disappointing. Langes in the watch rep world are quite the underdog classy wrist watch. Their reps for the most part are not very high quality. In fact, most of the ones I found (selling for around $80 to $200) are the exact same ones I see at canal street which go for $40 easily. I really regret not picking a Lange when I was still in chinatown. :lolcina:

Many of the Lange reps try to copy the famous Lange patented "large date" and the reps come out epic FAIL. It's said to say, but the reps don't even look close to what the date on the gens are. I've read that the rep world still have not developed a way to accurately rep the large date system on the Langes because of its complicated complications.
I think it's needless to say which of these is a rep/gen:

2009822349171.jpg

A-Lange-Sohne-Grand-1-Watch-5.jpg

So anyways, the best Lange replica I've seen so far is the Datograph. It's pretty much 99% like the gen with a price range of $290 - $320. I am hoping on getting one once I got the cash. Right now I just want a simple, but close-to-rep Lange, so at least i can have a classy watch to wear.

I'm looking for someone that has this, the A. Lange & Sohne Richard Lange:

alang_image.924931.jpg

It doesn't even look that hard to rep. Why is it so hard to find a good quality one!?

That's my 2 cents on my quest to find a suitable A. Lange & Sohne Watch!
:pirates::pirates:
Thanks for reading! Hope you can help!

Reactions: Asghar

geo1nah2a

Known Member
29/9/06
I think the best AL&S REP is the Datograph. Too many flaws, but it seems to be the best constructed so far.

GEN
403.032-a-lange-sohne-datograph-watch-chronograph-rose-gold.jpg

REP:
ALS-2010-06-10-04-02_2_enl.JPG

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
Yes I agree, but even the datewheel looks completely different from the gen

Repo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/12
Too bad. I've been searching for a nice and accurate dress watch from IWC or AL&S. The only one I like so far is the IWC Portofino Automatic. But at around $ 300 a bit to expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
the dateograph rep is the tits.

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
And I want one so badly! Are the factories done with making high quality A Lange & Sohne reps? I dont see any news ones that are an improvement of the old ones.
It seems the quality of the datograph rep greatly surpasses any other A Lange & Sohne rep

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
Still looking for nice Lange reps, and I noticed Marvelous Replica is back!

tmarshl

Known Member
21/11/12
I am looking for the same thing. Richard Lange 232.021

a.-lange-sohne-logo.jpg

A. Lange & Sohne was founded in 1845 in Glashutte, Germany

My thoughts on the Lange Rep world:

I don't know what's with me a my recent obsession with Lange watches, but I have been scanning throughout all forums and TD sites for a nice affordable Lange watch.

The hunt has been quite disappointing. Langes in the watch rep world are quite the underdog classy wrist watch. Their reps for the most part are not very high quality. In fact, most of the ones I found (selling for around $80 to $200) are the exact same ones I see at canal street which go for $40 easily. I really regret not picking a Lange when I was still in chinatown. :lolcina:

Many of the Lange reps try to copy the famous Lange patented "large date" and the reps come out epic FAIL. It's said to say, but the reps don't even look close to what the date on the gens are. I've read that the rep world still have not developed a way to accurately rep the large date system on the Langes because of its complicated complications.
I think it's needless to say which of these is a rep/gen:

LS-2010-07-22-03-02_2_enl.JPG

A-Lange-Sohne-115-026.jpg

So anyways, the best Lange replica I've seen so far is the Datograph. It's pretty much 99% like the gen with a price range of $290 - $320. I am hoping on getting one once I got the cash. Right now I just want a simple, but close-to-rep Lange, so at least i can have a classy watch to wear.

alang_image.924931.jpg

It doesn't even look that hard to rep. Why is it so hard to find a good quality one!?

That's my 2 cents on my quest to find a suitable A. Lange & Sohne Watch!
:pirates::pirates:
Thanks for reading! Hope you can help!

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
P1020680.jpg

P1020681.jpg

P1020682.jpg

that's mine.
every subdial works correctly, they're set by pushers at 2,4 and 8.

in my opinion we don't have a good Lange rep.

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
I bought the lange datograph a while ago, and I love it. Even though there are noticeable differences between the rep and the gen, the rep is very well constructed and you can play with the chronograph all day cause it's actually reliable!
I'll post some pictures when I get the chance.
BTW I gave up looking for the richard lange

kes_

Horology Curious
19/9/12
Dress watches are hugely under-repped. I still would love to find a nice Cartier TF for my wife, the most popular watch they sell and a very simple design - I mean, it is literally the equivalent of the Rolex Sub for women, and there isn't a decent rep.

I am not sure if it is because the customer base would rather get the latest Kanye-inspired Audemar monster, or what...

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Finding a great rep dress watch is tough. I have a datograph with Venus clone on order in RG with white dial. It is a gorgeous watch but not really alligator that close to gen. The dial looks dead on,but the gen is 39mm and the rep is 42.5mm. Ironically,the rep is better proportioned than the gen. So much so in fact that Lange just rebooted the Datograph with a 41.5 case, but added a power reserve sub-dial at 6. There is no rep of the new datograph., so I am sticking with older inaccurate case. The other dead give away is the movement. There is no way to rep the detailed one off engravings.

The datograph rep is for guys that just want a gorgeous watch and aren't concerned with accuracy. That said, I notice every watch on every wrist and I don't recall every spotting a datograph in the wild and there are no AD's dealers a new gen in stock with 800 miles of me (and I am in NYC). I don't think the watch is known enough outside these circles to get called out. These are the Bugatti Veyron's of the watch world. The one watch guy that may notice it in my wrist will do a double take and and "say, whoa was that a f--king Datgraph I just saw!!" Even guys that hate reps would have to give a little respect to the watch even as an homage piece.

As for good, accurate copies of dress watches, the portofinos are nice and I think the rep for the Transocean without chrono (A2892) is really well done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tmarshl

Known Member
21/11/12
Just bought one from Marvellous Replicas. They call it the "Glashutte". Makes it a little harder to find. Check pics in this forum.

alang_image.924931.jpg

!

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
I would imagine that it's just from the lack of demand.

The most popular brands seem to be blingy brands that the public recognizes, such as Rolex, Breitling and Panerais. Or certain blingy models like the AP ROO.

Hardly anyone knows about the Lange and a lot of people are not really wealthy enough to pull off a 50K watch.

jotun0881

Looking Around
21/12/12
P1020680.jpg

P1020681.jpg

P1020682.jpg

that's mine.
every subdial works correctly, they're set by pushers at 2,4 and 8.

in my opinion we don't have a good Lange rep.

That must be one of the classiest & most beautiful watches I've ever seen...AL&S is absolutely insane !

Please don't mind my asking, is this a replica watch or is it original ?

Are there trusted replica dealers that can offer this ?

Thank you.

Spitfyre

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/13
It is really sad that are no decent Lange reps around other then the datograph. I'm a big fan of Lange and I believe there are many just like me

psychom3

Renowned Member
3/3/09
Wish they did more ALS reps, or at least 1 or 2 really good ones other than the OK Datograph.