• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New watch on Puretime

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Nice watch....would like to know more myself! Anyone know how it compares to the real thing?

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Some photos of the gen can be found here:

http://www.minutemachines.com/watches/Lange/1815.html

1815_03.jpg

1815_04.jpg

There's also a nice review of the gen:

http://www.thepurists.com/watch/features/8ohms/1815/

One obvious difference is that the gen is 40mm, and this replica is 44mm, which sounds huge for a dress watch, particularly one that is almost all dial. There also the non-functional swan neck regulator on the replica, but otherwise the 3/4 plate on the replica looks okay. For people who are familiar with the Lange brand, the movement in the display caseback isn't going to fool them. In particular, it lacks the characteristic gold chatons.

dlc.nla

23/8/11
If you somehow got here,via word of mouth or PM from me thanks for stoping in...Im at a loss in what to do...RWG keeps deleting my posts in reference to this...all im trying to do is help out... :cry:

If you are hear with good intentions and would like to help me run this place...i need some help,ideas,and staff...please post here in the open.....or PM if you dont feel comfortable....

Are you sure that's the gen to the linked rep? The dial is totally different besides the secs @ 6. It would basically make the rep a fantasy.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I see what the issue is, the dial comes from the 40mm Lange Grand Saxonia Automatic, which has an automatic microrotor movement, so there's a sense in which the replica is a fantasy, since it combines the dial of the Lange Grand Saxonia, and attempts to approximate the movement of the Lange 1815. There's also a manual wind version of the Saxonia, but it's a 37mm watch.

A.-LangeSohne-Grand-Saxonia-Automatic-Ref.-307.026-1.jpg

LS-2011-11-09-02-01_enl.jpg

The dial looks like a reasonable replication of the Lange Grand Saxonia's dial.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
This is a photo of the automatic microrotor movement in the Lange Grand Saxonia Automatic.

A.-LangeSohne-Grand-Saxonia-Automatic-Ref.-307.026-2.jpg

dlc.nla

23/8/11
I see what the issue is, the dial comes from the 40mm Lange Grand Saxonia Automatic, which has an automatic microrotor movement, so there's a sense in which the replica is a fantasy, since it combines the dial of the Lange Grand Saxonia, and attempts to approximate the movement of the Lange 1815. There's also a manual wind version of the Saxonia, but it's a 37mm watch.

A.-LangeSohne-Grand-Saxonia-Automatic-Ref.-307.026-1.jpg

LS-2011-11-09-02-01_enl.jpg

The dial looks like a reasonable replication of the Lange Grand Saxonia's dial.

Nice, I'll hafta pick one of these up soon!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Damn, I really like this watch. I was looking at the Saxonia before, but the movement looked horrendous. The movement in this one also looks nothing like the gen, but at least it looks nice.

LS-2011-11-09-06-01_enl.jpg

LS-2011-11-09-06-04_enl.jpg