• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon V2 OXF - The german symphony (Pictureheavy review)

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
It’s a fantasy rep mate. There isn’t any Lange that is like this. It’s also not very beautiful to say the least(!).

And thanks. There aren’t any perfect Lange. I’m awaiting my ALS Saxonia Copper Blue. Will make a review when it arrives.

That copper blue Gen is a stunner indeed. Hoepefully the rep can get the dial right as there isn’t much else to miss. We can even mod the hands if they don’t look like gen. The copper blue is also thin and small unlike other langes. I’m seriously interested.

my hunt for a blue dial rep continues on. It just appears that it is hard for factories to get the dial right unless it is a extremely sought after piece (such as the hulk and nautilus). Factories don’t seem to make the Rolex smurf or VC overseas blue right.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
That copper blue Gen is a stunner indeed. Hoepefully the rep can get the dial right as there isn’t much else to miss. We can even mod the hands if they don’t look like gen. The copper blue is also thin and small unlike other langes. I’m seriously interested.

my hunt for a blue dial rep continues on. It just appears that it is hard for factories to get the dial right unless it is a extremely sought after piece (such as the hulk and nautilus). Factories don’t seem to make the Rolex smurf or VC overseas blue right.

KilowattHour has the copper blue saxonia. His pictures look promising. That’s why I bought it. The dial looks good. You can check the Saxonia thin post in the ALS section. I will post some pictures when I receive it. It’s

Yeah. Many of the blue dials have a shade that is off. You can also check the Patek 5524. It has a dark blue dial that is spot on. Link in my footer.

Blaithin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
KilowattHour has the copper blue saxonia. His pictures look promising. That’s why I bought it. The dial looks good. You can check the Saxonia thin post in the ALS section. I will post some pictures when I receive it. It’s

Yeah. Many of the blue dials have a shade that is off. You can also check the Patek 5524. It has a dark blue dial that is spot on. Link in my footer.

Isn't the copper blue dial material aventurine "goldstone"? My father brought this model out of the safe to show me about a year or two ago so my memory might be fuzzy. The thing about the gen dial is that the copper + whatever other "impurities" that form the stardust are actually more "suspended" inside the dial material instead of sitting on top (some copper impurities may be very close to the top, but that's more up to chance). The gen photos on the internet I've checked don't really make it obvious at all since they all look like they sit at the top, but irl that is absolutely not the case. The subtle differences in depth creates a very powerful effect...as if you have a mini galaxy in the palm of your hand.

Since none of the pictures online for the gen saxonia copper blue seem to be able to capture the effect...I found a more suitable example from this spherical goldstone photo. The effect is far more pronounced because you're not looking at a flat dial with limited depth, but this is generally a better idea of what you should be looking for.

The rep dial is sad because it's either low quality goldstone or not goldstone at all, but based on the close ups from trustytime...it seems like they put metal foils(?) of differing shades on top to simulate depth so I'm more willing to bet on the latter guess. The rep dial also looks incredibly opaque, and not quite as reflective with the super mini hint of translucency that the gen has. I'll wait for your review, and see how it stacks up, but I just felt like clarifying the issues I see based on my experience

These are mostly impressions from old...potentially fuzzy memories, and research into the dial material so take my impressions with a grain of salt since I don't have liberal access to see the gen.

https://geology.com/gemstones/goldstone/ <- a short primer with good close up photos of aventurine glass and goldstone with some caveat emptors when buying goldstone. It really isn't something that lends well to photos so even the one I showed below doesn't fully capture the "aventurescence." (the Lange dial has a lot of this quality so it's naturally on the higher end of aventurine quality)

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=goldst...der=price_desc The most expensive goldstone pieces here are enormous...sculpted...or paired with a hefty helping of precious metals. Goldstone really isn't supposed to be THAT expensive. It's really just more novel for watchmaking, hence the significantly higher price by ALS compared to regular saxonias.

https://www.spiritrockshop.com/Goldstone.html the photo below is from this shop and costs a whopping 29 usd.

Aventurine "Goldstone" Sphere (Left Photo) and Replica Saxonia Copper Blue Dial (Right Photo)
Goldstone_04.JPG
AS043_02.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Isn't the copper blue dial material aventurine "goldstone"? My father brought this model out of the safe to show me about a year or two ago so my memory might be fuzzy. The thing about the gen dial is that the copper + whatever other "impurities" that form the stardust are actually more "suspended" inside the dial material instead of sitting on top (some copper impurities may be very close to the top, but that's more up to chance). The gen photos on the internet I've checked don't really make it obvious at all since they all look like they sit at the top, but irl that is absolutely not the case. The subtle differences in depth creates a very powerful effect...as if you have a mini galaxy in the palm of your hand.

Since none of the pictures online for the gen saxonia copper blue seem to be able to capture the effect...I found a more suitable example from this spherical goldstone photo. The effect is far more pronounced because you're not looking at a flat dial with limited depth, but this is generally a better idea of what you should be looking for.

The rep dial is sad because it's either low quality goldstone or not goldstone at all, but based on the close ups from trustytime...it seems like they put metal foils(?) of differing shades on top to simulate depth so I'm more willing to bet on the latter guess. The rep dial also looks incredibly opaque, and not quite as reflective with the super mini hint of translucency that the gen has. I'll wait for your review, and see how it stacks up, but I just felt like clarifying the issues I see based on my experience

These are mostly impressions from old...potentially fuzzy memories, and research into the dial material so take my impressions with a grain of salt since I don't have liberal access to see the gen.

https://geology.com/gemstones/goldstone/ <- a short primer with good close up photos of aventurine glass and goldstone with some caveat emptors when buying goldstone. It really isn't something that lends well to photos so even the one I showed below doesn't fully capture the "aventurescence." (the Lange dial has a lot of this quality so it's naturally on the higher end of aventurine quality)

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=goldst...der=price_desc The most expensive goldstone pieces here are enormous...sculpted...or paired with a hefty helping of precious metals. Goldstone really isn't supposed to be THAT expensive. It's really just more novel for watchmaking, hence the significantly higher price by ALS compared to regular saxonias.

https://www.spiritrockshop.com/Goldstone.html the photo below is from this shop and costs a whopping 29 usd.

Aventurine "Goldstone" Sphere (Left Photo) and Replica Saxonia Copper Blue Dial (Right Photo)

Here are the pictures of the rep posted by KilowattHour https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...49#post7795549

"

Single overhad light bulb:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Daylight + multiple overhead light bulbs:
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Daylight, overcast, next to the window:
IMG-2497.jpg

"

And according to him it has the same effect as the gen. As you can see in the pictures, it doesn't look like they've put metal foils in it superficially. It looks more like they made a real aventurine dial. The It looks like the impurities are in different levels and have different shades. As you said it's not an expensive process to make aventurine.

A basic rule is, that you can almost never judge a dial from the TD's pictures! And this applies well here.

Last edited:

Blaithin

6/8/19
Here are the pictures of the rep posted by KilowattHour https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...49#post7795549

And according to him it has the same effect as the gen. As you can see in the pictures, it doesn't look like they've put metal foils in it superficially. It looks more like they made a real aventurine dial. The It looks like the impurities are in different levels and have different shades. As you said it's not an expensive process to make aventurine.

A basic rule is, that you can almost never judge a dial from the TD's pictures! And this applies well here.

Thanks for the links. I didn't know people posted photos of these considering how uncommon they are, but it's good to know they're not like the TD photos. I normally wouldn't base my thoughts on these alone. However, this isn't a popular rep and proper photos of the rep are few and far between so its definitely great to see they're not dull and lifeless as the td photos suggested. I feared that the effect was superficially based upon photos from publications that didn't showcase the full depth of the dial. I'm glad to say that my fears are unfounded then. Wear it in good health.
​​​​​

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks for the links. I didn't know people posted photos of these considering how uncommon they are, but it's good to know they're not like the TD photos. I normally wouldn't base my thoughts on these alone. However, this isn't a popular rep and proper photos of the rep are few and far between so its definitely great to see they're not dull and lifeless as the td photos suggested. I feared that the effect was superficially based upon photos from publications that didn't showcase the full depth of the dial. I'm glad to say that my fears are unfounded then. Wear it in good health.
​​​​​

Hasn't arrived yet, but thanks :) The one in the pictures is not mine.

Reactions: Blaithin

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Rep case diameter: 41mm (previous version was 42mm)
Rep case thickness: Is a little above 13mm, and without the crystal approx. 12mm
Lug width: 22mm (confirmed)
Buckle width: 18mm (confirmed)

Hey bud, I put down payment for the 1815 small second but was told it has been discontinued. Now, my pursuit for a SS/white gold + white dial dress watch is leaning towards this piece.

TD's website say its thickness is 11.5mm - are they not truthful?
Could you please also measure the lug-to-lug distance?

Thanks

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hey bud, I put down payment for the 1815 small second but was told it has been discontinued. Now, my pursuit for a SS/white gold + white dial dress watch is leaning towards this piece.

TD's website say its thickness is 11.5mm - are they not truthful?
Could you please also measure the lug-to-lug distance?

Thanks

I've sold it. Can't do. Sorry. As i remember i measured thickness to 13,5 mm with crystal. Around 12 without. As specified. You can't trust TD measurements. I've once received a watch that had 20mm lug width, while they measured it to be 19mm and sent me pictures of that also. I don't know if they can't see proper or what, but it cost me a 300 euro strap.

donom

25/4/20
Hey Mate,

measured thickness is 13,7mm and lug to lug distance is 22,3mm. 11,7 thickness is steel to steel only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.n.d.

24/3/19
Great review, appreciate the wrist shots. Very helpful to gauge the size and how it sits on the wrist.

alb86

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/6/20
Awesome review! I've been eyeing this piece for a while but wasn't convinced on the dial color. If you have the chance, could you take a more zoomed in pic of the dial?

donom

25/4/20
Awesome review! I've been eyeing this piece for a while but wasn't convinced on the dial color. If you have the chance, could you take a more zoomed in pic of the dial?

I’ve tried to capture the more zoomed pic of the dial - under a single lightbulb conditions. If you need even more I can try with a better camera.